Isotretinoin (accutane) while on cycle

Running Accutane this cycle- started 3 days ago.
20mg daily with my last meal.
Will update in this thread with my experience.
Generally I will get some acne on the forehead and rear delts while on cycle.
Will update in a few weeks.

Running Accutane this cycle- started 3 days ago.
20mg daily with my last meal.
Will update in this thread with my experience.
Generally I will get some acne on the forehead and rear delts while on cycle.
Will update in a few weeks.
Probably more than you need

Only been a week and I’m almost completely clear, shit works fast.
I have ONE zit on my entire body. Though I still have a lot of discoloration spots on my shoulders and some by my temples from repeated acne there.

Do a proper isotretinoin cycle and never deal with acne or excessively greasy skin again.

I bought enough to reach 120mg/kg of bw and I plan on using it all :cool:

I started with the low dose protocol, given the potentially horrible side effects.

Titrated 10mg/day, 20 (splitdose), 30, 40, 60, 80, 90, 100, now 120mg/day at 90kg. Splitting the dose seems to be key to reducing sides. At each increase, I had some minor back/joint pain that resolved in a few days.

Now all I have at 120mg/day is chapped lips, slightly dry eyes, and "fragile" skin, all typical and easily manageable. I plan to hit 150mg/kg cumulative dose after 20 weeks treatment.

I hadn't planned on deviating from the low dose, but given the better long term outcomes, ie, no need for retreatment, associated with courses at least 5 months, and at higher cumulative doses, and the tolerable sides, I figured I may as well cover all the bases and get it over with.

I *love" how much less sebum I produce, I've never been able to avoid washing my hair once or twice a day without it becoming really greasy, and the shrunken pores have made my skin look incredible.

Do a proper isotretinoin cycle and never deal with acne or excessively greasy skin again.
Nevers a stretch. It does have lasting effects but in cycle it can certainly come back. Only 10 or 20 mg every 2-3 days usually keeps it under control once there tho. If fact I'd rather that then take a full course of a potent drug that you have no need for except for the massive amount of gear swirling through your bloodstream.

I started with the low dose protocol, given the potentially horrible side effects.

Titrated 10mg/day, 20 (splitdose), 30, 40, 60, 80, 90, 100, now 120mg/day at 90kg. Splitting the dose seems to be key to reducing sides. At each increase, I had some minor back/joint pain that resolved in a few days.

Now all I have at 120mg/day is chapped lips, slightly dry eyes, and "fragile" skin, all typical and easily manageable. I plan to hit 150mg/kg cumulative dose after 20 weeks treatment.

I hadn't planned on deviating from the low dose, but given the better long term outcomes, ie, no need for retreatment, associated with courses at least 5 months, and at higher cumulative doses, and the tolerable sides, I figured I may as well cover all the bases and get it over with.

I *love" how much less sebum I produce, I've never been able to avoid washing my hair once or twice a day without it becoming really greasy, and the shrunken pores have made my skin look incredible.
That sounds like way too much and acne may return next cycle anyway. This is definitely off label and more ain't always better

Nevers a stretch. It does have lasting effects but in cycle it can certainly come back. Only 10 or 20 mg every 2-3 days usually keeps it under control once there tho. If fact I'd rather that then take a full course of a potent drug that you have no need for except for the massive amount of gear swirling through your bloodstream.

If a small dose is resolving your acne it means your sebaceous glands were not exposed to enough of a cumulative dose to shrink. Accutane first slows oil production, so you see quick improvement. but shrinking those glands is a one way street with enough exposure to isotretinoin over a period of time.

If some time after stopping a successful full course (120-150mg/kg 4-6 months), when oil production resumes, a return of acne signifies the glands didn't shrink enough, so worst cases may require a second, or even more rarely, third course, but beyond that continuing acne is virtually unheard of.

The AAS hormone "signals" causing sebum overproduction can't cause acne if the glands are too small to make excessive amounts.

But yeah, if you only get acne on cycle, and never at any other time, or have dry skin already, short term, low dose use is enough as a temporary fix.

A full course of isotret for cycle related acne is like dropping the atomic bomb on Philadelphia to curtail disorderly conduct after a Phillies game.
Gets the job done and no one's probably going to complain, but a limited, more target approach will have less collateral and work just as well

A full course of isotret for cycle related acne is like dropping the atomic bomb on Philadelphia to curtail disorderly conduct after a Phillies game.
Gets the job done and no one's probably going to complain, but a limited, more target approach will have less collateral and work just as well

I've always dealt with some level of back and shoulder acne, AAS set the bacne on fire though. Experiencing how well it works, how easy the sides have been to deal with (for me), knowing. what I know now, even without the AAS I would've done this a long time ago.

A couple gelcaps twice a day for 5 months, dry lips, in exchange for the improvements I've seen has been well worth it. The anti-photoaging effects, nose shrinkage, not having greasy hair 6 hours after a shower, along with the clearing skin and (odds are) only having to do this once is definitely worth it for me.

Sponsors