Jon Jones is the goat

SamuelJones

regardless of if he used steroids or not,

D.C. Is a two time Olympian 39 years old finishing guys who are ten years younger, inhuman cardio and wear and tear from decades of high level intense athletic competition and he still trains with you he best of them at AKA.

its safe to say Daniel Cormier is on steroids along with many other high level athletes in the UFC or sports in general.

So my whole thing is this, why should we scrutinize and condem one athlete for allegedly not competing clean in a sport where none of the athletes are competitions clean?

I don't understand that sentiment from Jon Jones' haters/detractors, at least 3 opponents Jon Jones has faced have popped for some kind of drug and I'm sure many more of his opponents were on something.

D.C. Is a two time Olympian 39 years old finishing guys who are ten years younger, inhuman cardio and wear and tear from decades of high level intense athletic competition and he still trains with you he best of them at AKA.

its safe to say Daniel Cormier is on steroids along with many other high level athletes in the UFC or sports in general.

So my whole thing is this, why should we scrutinize and condem one athlete for allegedly not competing clean in a sport where none of the athletes are competitions clean?

I don't understand that sentiment from Jon Jones' haters/detractors, at least 3 opponents Jon Jones has faced have popped for some kind of drug and I'm sure many more of his opponents were on something.

He’s a huge disappointment. When you see talent like that go to waste over bad decisions, it causes fans to become disappointed. Don’t mix disappointment with “hater”...had he made better decisions, he would be on top of the world.

If you can't get past USADA, you don't deserve to fight. DC is not on steroids, just look at him:). Jones is the GOAT! I say let these guys take whatever they want.

The one fight in which he probably was clean was OSP..he barely won that. Had he fought Gust or DC clean, he wouldn't have made it .

We all know the HUGE advantage peds give. He is talented, for sure...but he's a POS .And not the goat at all .

The one fight in which he probably was clean was OSP..he barely won that. Had he fought Gust or DC clean, he wouldn't have made it .

We all know the HUGE advantage peds give. He is talented, for sure...but he's a POS .And not the goat at all .
Barely won? Lmfao He won every round of that fight by a large margin.

PEDS are rampant in the UFC. Everyone knows that. Insofar as who the goat is in 2023, Jones is as good a candidate as anyone. He ain't exactly the most "clean cut" individual in the world, but it's the fight game, so what do you expect? IMO Khabib Nurmagomedov was the GOAT to end all GOATS. But he's not fighting anymore, so Jones is the GOAT now.

He’s a huge disappointment. When you see talent like that go to waste over bad decisions, it causes fans to become disappointed. Don’t mix disappointment with “hater”...had he made better decisions, he would be on top of the world.
Those are my thoughts about Floyd Mayweather. Perfect technician; complete piece of shit human making the entirety of boxing worse

PEDS are rampant in the UFC. Everyone knows that. Insofar as who the goat is in 2023, Jones is as good a candidate as anyone. He ain't exactly the most "clean cut" individual in the world, but it's the fight game, so what do you expect? IMO Khabib Nurmagomedov was the GOAT to end all GOATS. But he's not fighting anymore, so Jones is the GOAT now.
Didn’t have the resume, undefeated yes, but most those wins are against nobody.

Jones is by far the GOAT

No one was ever more dominant than Khabib. His father had him wrestling with a bear as a little kid. He's was designed to be an MMA fighter. He's great everywhere. He has special qualities that no one else has.

Jon Jones is NOT the goat. People were brainwashed into repeating that statement like a mantra, which shows how susceptible people are to adopting repeated narratives as fact.

Jon Jones is a really good fighter and I'm a fan, but there is no GOAT in this sport, and even if there was a GOAT, it isn't him.

Jon Jones benefited from having a super long height and reach advantage, but when he fights guys his own size, he has a tough time. Gustafson arguably beat him and Reyes also arguably won. The division was weak for a long time also.

Now, Jon Jones is fighting Stipe at heavyweight and this is either going to be the easiest fight ever, where Jones takes him down and submits him/ground and pounds him, or
I suspect we will see Jon Jones get totally dismantled and I can see Jon Jones getting KO'ed by Stipe. Stipe is no joke. He is fast, he has power, he has a ground game, he has cardio, toughness etc. He also has a high fight IQ, but his weakness in my opinion, is that he makes a big mistake every so often, and that's usually why he loses.

Jon Jones will have to survive Stipe and capitalize on whatever mistake Stipe makes. If Jon Jones can beat Stipe, then we can start talking about GOAT talk, but I still don't think Jon Jones has earned that title. It's annoying to be honest, because they declared him GOAT almost immediately after he entered the UFC and now everyone repeats that.

Jon jones king.
Nobody beat him.
Double champ.
New guys don't know he fought the best opponents out of them all.
Ryan Bader was 12-0
Old school legend Mauricio Shogun Rua
Glover Teixeira was on a 20 fight winning streak when they fight and a beast .
Vitor Belfort
Rashad Evens was a beast and 17-1 at the time
Machida 17-3 left him sleeping on the floor.
This guys might not been top fighters at the end but they where beasts when they fought Jones.
Daniel Cormier double champ and a beast .
Gustafsson another good fighter .
Dominick Reyes was 12-0
Cyril Gane who was beating Ngannou at standup.

So yeah he is the goat for sure.

Gsp also fought the best guys but lost some of them.

Khabib is a good number 3
Silva number 4 was to old for fighting at the end of his career but was dominating like no other when on top.
Does some old school remember when they filmed Anderson Silvas house and he had a box of arimidex in his bathroom among his medicines ?

No one was ever more dominant than Khabib. His father had him wrestling with a bear as a little kid. He's was designed to be an MMA fighter. He's great everywhere. He has special qualities that no one else has.

Jon Jones is NOT the goat. People were brainwashed into repeating that statement like a mantra, which shows how susceptible people are to adopting repeated narratives as fact.

Jon Jones is a really good fighter and I'm a fan, but there is no GOAT in this sport, and even if there was a GOAT, it isn't him.

Jon Jones benefited from having a super long height and reach advantage, but when he fights guys his own size, he has a tough time. Gustafson arguably beat him and Reyes also arguably won. The division was weak for a long time also.

Now, Jon Jones is fighting Stipe at heavyweight and this is either going to be the easiest fight ever, where Jones takes him down and submits him/ground and pounds him, or
I suspect we will see Jon Jones get totally dismantled and I can see Jon Jones getting KO'ed by Stipe. Stipe is no joke. He is fast, he has power, he has a ground game, he has cardio, toughness etc. He also has a high fight IQ, but his weakness in my opinion, is that he makes a big mistake every so often, and that's usually why he loses.

Jon Jones will have to survive Stipe and capitalize on whatever mistake Stipe makes. If Jon Jones can beat Stipe, then we can start talking about GOAT talk, but I still don't think Jon Jones has earned that title. It's annoying to be honest, because they declared him GOAT almost immediately after he entered the UFC and now everyone repeats that.
Khabib is a can crusher who fights at 155 while walking around at 205 lbs with three notable wins. His "dominance" is questionable. Jon Jones was a skinny 20 something year old kid beating champion after champion over and over let's break this down shall we.

No people who consider Jon Jones the goat are not "brainwashed" they've either been following the sport constantly while knowing it's history or they're not completely biased delusional history revisionist. In fact I'd have to argue the person trying to convince the world that the guy who spent 30 something fights fighting non notable fighters and only managed to rake in 3 defenses before retiring is goat is actually attempting to brainwash but it fails miserably to even a casual with any kind of perception.

Jon has faced the most versatile array of fighters and come out on top most former champions knock out artist Olympic level wrestlers he's faced every style and beat them at their own game, he has the single most impressive resume in mma history.

Jon Jones spent most of his carreer at 6'3" walking around at 219 lbs and was beating the best of the best in his early 20s with only 3 years into the sport, lets break it down shall we.

Rampage Jackson 6'1" walked around at 240 lbs former light heavyweight champion

Rashad Evans 5'11" formerly competed at heavyweight before moving down to heavyweight, former light heavyweight champion

Vitoria Belfort 5'11" competed at heavyweight in an open divion former light heavyweight champion, and heavyweight tournament champion

Chael Sonnen Started his career at light heavyweight and moved down to middle weight damn looking like near death every weigh in.

Glover Teixera, walk around weight 230 lbs 2p fight win streaks before it was broken by Jones in 2014

Gustafson - A guy Jon Jones looked bad against because he took him lightly, beat his ass the second fight handedly, even after long lay offs and past his prime by that age

Daniel cormeir, former strike force heavyweight champion and probably the most accomplished wrestler in mma, undefeated before beating Jones and a natural heavyweight

Shogun and of course shogun is a legend

Reyes caught Jon when he was past his prime and still lost to him

As far as his fight with Stipe goes they are both past their prime but in their primes I have Jon simply for being the more versatile fighter and superior tactician stipe is a good everywhere but Jones is great everywhere besides pure boxing. These days I still lean towards Jon for the same reasons.

Last edited:
Jon jones king.
Nobody beat him.
Double champ.
New guys don't know he fought the best opponents out of them all.
Ryan Bader was 12-0
Old school legend Mauricio Shogun Rua
Glover Teixeira was on a 20 fight winning streak when they fight and a beast .
Vitor Belfort
Rashad Evens was a beast and 17-1 at the time
Machida 17-3 left him sleeping on the floor.
This guys might not been top fighters at the end but they where beasts when they fought Jones.
Daniel Cormier double champ and a beast .
Gustafsson another good fighter .
Dominick Reyes was 12-0
Cyril Gane who was beating Ngannou at standup.

So yeah he is the goat for sure.

Gsp also fought the best guys but lost some of them.

Khabib is a good number 3
Silva number 4 was to old for fighting at the end of his career but was dominating like no other when on top.
Does some old school remember when they filmed Anderson Silvas house and he had a box of arimidex in his bathroom among his medicines ?
Khabib belongs no where in number 3 give that spot to gsp or Silva or even Aldo or Dj, khabib fought way beneath his true weight class and only had like 3 defenses, everyone before Conor were relatively unknown besides Michael Johnson.

Dude he'd beat Gustafson ass I'm not sure you saw the second fight he's clearly way better than Gustafson. He overlooked Gustafson the first fight and Gustafson greased which is why he kept slipping out of Jon's grasp but the second fight made it all clear. And DC you're kidding right in no world does DC beat Jon ever.

Khabib is a can crusher who fights at 155 while walking around at 205 lbs with three notable wins. His "dominance" is questionable. Jon Jones was a skinny 20 something year old kid beating champion after champion over and over let's break this down shall we.

No people who consider Jon Jones the goat are not "brainwashed" they've either been following the sport constantly while knowing it's history or they're not completely biased delusional history revisionist. In fact I'd have to argue the person trying to convince the world that the guy who spent 30 something fights fighting non notable fighters and only managed to rake in 3 defenses before retiring is goat is actually attempting to brainwash but it fails miserably to even a casual with any kind of perception.

Jon has faced the most versatile array of fighters and come out on top most former champions knock out artist Olympic level wrestlers he's faced every style and beat them at their own game, he has the single most impressive resume in mma history.

Jon Jones spent most of his carreer at 6'3" walking around at 219 lbs and was beating the best of the best in his early 20s with only 3 years into the sport, lets break it down shall we.

Rampage Jackson 6'1" walked around at 240 lbs former light heavyweight champion

Rashad Evans 5'11" formerly competed at heavyweight before moving down to heavyweight, former light heavyweight champion

Vitoria Belfort 5'11" competed at heavyweight in an open divion former light heavyweight champion, and heavyweight tournament champion

Chael Sonnen Started his career at light heavyweight and moved down to middle weight damn looking like near death every weigh in.

Glover Teixera, walk around weight 230 lbs 2p fight win streaks before it was broken by Jones in 2014

Gustafson - A guy Jon Jones looked bad against because he took him lightly, beat his ass the second fight handedly, even after long lay offs and past his prime by that age

Daniel cormeir, former strike force heavyweight champion and probably the most accomplished wrestler in mma, undefeated before beating Jones and a natural heavyweight

Shogun and of course shogun is a legend

Reyes caught Jon when he was past his prime and still lost to him

As far as his fight with Stipe goes they are both past their prime but in their primes I have Jon simply for being the more versatile fighter and superior tactician stipe is a good everywhere but Jones is great everywhere besides pure boxing. These days I still lean towards Jon for the same reasons.

So, I have no argument about Jon being the GOAT. But just a few things:

1. Calling Khabib a can crusher is an actual crazy statement. His Dominance of the 155 pound division is literally questioned by nobody. He beat Rafael Dos Anjos, Edson Barboza, Michael Johnson, Al Iaquinta, Dustin Poirer, Connor McGregor, and Justin Gaethje. All of these men were absolute killers when he fought them.

2. There is not even a remote chance Jon was walking around at only 219 unless it was a week out from fight day or you're talking about his JUCO career. You're doing this weird thing where you're minimizing his physical attributes to make him sound better than he is. But it's not necessary. Everyone already knows how good he is. He was never a skinny 20 year old kid during his UFC tenure. He was a large man.

3. Vitor Belfort and Chael Sonnen are not light heavies. Jon was never going to lose those fights except by accident. The size differences were comical.

4. Why wouldn't you mention the Brandon Vera fight. That was an impressive victory against a talented fighter.

5. How old was Cormier when he fought Jones the first time? How bout the second time? If your going to say Jon jones was past his prime at 32 or 33 years old, then wtf was Daniel Cormier?

So, I have no argument about Jon being the GOAT. But just a few things:

1. Calling Khabib a can crusher is an actual crazy statement. His Dominance of the 155 pound division is literally questioned by nobody. He beat Rafael Dos Anjos, Edson Barboza, Michael Johnson, Al Iaquinta, Dustin Poirer, Connor McGregor, and Justin Gaethje. All of these men were absolute killers when he fought them.

2. There is not even a remote chance Jon was walking around at only 219 unless it was a week out from fight day or you're talking about his JUCO career. You're doing this weird thing where you're minimizing his physical attributes to make him sound better than he is. But it's not necessary. Everyone already knows how good he is. He was never a skinny 20 year old kid during his UFC tenure. He was a large man.

3. Vitor Belfort and Chael Sonnen are not light heavies. Jon was never going to lose those fights except by accident. The size differences were comical.

4. Why wouldn't you mention the Brandon Vera fight. That was an impressive victory against a talented fighter.

5. How old was Cormier when he fought Jones the first time? How bout the second time? If your going to say Jon jones was past his prime at 32 or 33 years old, then wtf was Daniel Cormier?
"You have no arguments of Jon Jones being the goat beside khabib being a can crusher."

I just gave you a list of arguments you chose to ignore, khabibs lack of criteria to meet goat is one of the main reasons but not the only reason.

>there's not a remote chance of Jon Jones walking around at 219

Look it up lol Jon Jones walk around weight durring his initial run was 219 lbs and which was one fo the reasons it was so easy for him to cut to 205, he was a tall lanky kid in his early 20s and he didn't start walking around at 230 lbs until he was 28, the average lightheavyweight at the time walked around 220 - 240 lbs

>Vitoria Belfort and chale sonnen are not light heavies

Well Vitor actually started his career at heavyweight and won the light heavyweight title then moved down to middle weight to middleweight to fight Anderson Silva

Chael sonnen is a weight abuser who started his career at light heavyweight and drained himself to literally nothing to fight at middle weight and still couldn't win a ufc title.
View: https://youtu.be/oIUcf_jxuU8?si=--XgRNRkBXT8ibAV

When have you ever seen Jon or anyone who fights at the weight they're supposed to weigh looking this sucked out, the dude can barely stand up without rocking back and forth lmfao.

>why wouldn't you mention Brandon Vera

Because that's one of Jon's earlier fights he's beat way better competing whonare way more versatile and the list goes on and on unlike khabib who only has 4 decent wins against men way smaller than he is

>if you're going to say Jon is past his prime at 31* then what the fuck is Cormier

Prime is more than just age, it's about where you peak and Jon peaked early, if you look at dcs old fights in strikeforce where his cardio is terrible and he had to rely primarily on holding fighters up against the fence then compare it to him when he fought Jon or even his first two fights with stipe it's clear that comrier is a far better fighter than he was at 35 than the was at 30 years old Jon was a better fighter at 26 than he was at 31 and that much is clear based on his take down and striking accuracy, the only thing that hasn't seemed to dimish on Jon is his cardio

Back