Jon Jones is the goat

imo Gsp is the greatest mma fighter/martial artists of our era . 2 loses but came back and avenged both. Record speaks for his self. Kabib had all his fights and picked i oy heard of mabe 4 of his opponents alll out if there prime , like chimave his ass lost to Gilbert burns like kabib lost to tabiau. They boost these guys records like boxing.

Those stupid ass beards need to be banned its cheating, I'd wana see that chin clearly I cusion .

Next person who says goat I wana slap there ass. Do u have a crystal ball.and see who Is gana be fighting 200 years from now ? Dumbasses.
Imo you’re right that burns did a good job but cmon bruh you know real well that khamzat was fkin him up constantly it’s just that Gilbert is a tough mfka so he took em all in stride but yeah that was a war right there, idk what u got against chimaev tho he’s a very legit fighter n could very well be one of the best in the future, I do agree the beard thing could be considered cheating but hey what’s stopping em others from growing one too? It’s been a thing for a while they said the same bout Johnny hendricks n tank Abbott n lots of guys but hey it is what it is, btw yeah GSP n silva are the ufc goats imo (plus I respect tf outta GSP as he’s one of the few guys who started wrestling late af n developed elite level wrestling as an adult)

Him n Anderson Silva are the best imo, too bad they never did the matchup in their primes as silva was around for way too long n if he didn’t take the weidman fight imo he’d still be considered the best of all time (in the ufc at least, Pride had some amazing mfkas n he did very well there too but he flourished in the ufc even though some opponents were kinda shitty n used to fluff his record up a bit, I fw Forrest for example but even he said he had no idea why tf they wanted him to fight silva cos everyone knew tf would happen)

I wrestled a fkload n loved it but yeah it’s a rough sport, imo it’s a good base for other reasons (apart from the TD defense n TD abilities n better positioning during fights), like the fact we wrestled nearly every week n had to cut weight so often that it becomes second nature, the mental toughness that comes with it, all those things are essential to MMA n yeah you’re right it won’t make you a top fighter automatically but it does make for a good start like shit if you learn MT/Boxing you can pretty much compete n do well, think of other arts they ain’t as easy to then convert to actual MMA competition (I fw Muay Thai but there’s lots of stuff that you gotta unlearn to avoid TDs, with BJJ instead you need to learn so much too like striking n how to perform a TD). Imo wrestling (catch would be even better but it’s rare to find a place that does it, I really want to make my own gym with weights n teach CW there like lions den shamrock style) n sambo are the best bases if you manage to do em at a high level from relatively young (if one is older there’s less of a point as it’s very demanding n the benefits of wrestling are mostly things you learn competing a lot)
That's y I only wrestled 1 year taKe down deffence i boxed and played football , hated wrestling. My football coaches wanted me to gain wait my wrestling coachs loose weihht.

Tough by bs a. Side i could have knocked out any kind on my wrestling team with with a 3-5 piece combo before they could do for hip

Imo you’re right that burns did a good job but cmon bruh you know real well that khamzat was fkin him up constantly it’s just that Gilbert is a tough mfka so he took em all in stride but yeah that was a war right there, idk what u got against chimaev tho he’s a very legit fighter n could very well be one of the best in the future, I do agree the beard thing could be considered cheating but hey what’s stopping em others from growing one too? It’s been a thing for a while they said the same bout Johnny hendricks n tank Abbott n lots of guys but hey it is what it is, btw yeah GSP n silva are the ufc goats imo (plus I respect tf outta GSP as he’s one of the few guys who started wrestling late af n developed elite level wrestling as an adult)
That's the only reason gps lost to Serra and Hughes his wrestling was not on point yet be he figured em out quick.

That's y I only wrestled 1 year taKe down deffence i boxed and played football , hated wrestling. My football coaches wanted me to gain wait my wrestling coachs loose weihht.

Tough by bs a. Side i could have knocked out any kind on my wrestling team with with a 3-5 piece combo before they could do for hip
Yeah true I ain’t mean actually good at fighting necessarily, I meant tough as in mentality wise n getting used to competition regularly (which you do a lot more often than most other combat sports, in that sense I’d say you had a similar effect from football imo) but yeah the weight cutting is fkin insane, myself I loved wrestling but even in my case the weight cutting drives you fkin nuts n as much as it helped me out with the stuff I did later on like MMA n Muay Thai etc… it’s definitely the sporting equivalent of approved anorexia like our coach was pushing us to go fall asleep in the steam room n to just not fkin sleep if we still had to lose over 10lbs before a match, but I do have to admit that evil mfka did instill some crazy mental toughness in us n ever since then I can do proper weight cuts real easy (not em dumb ones he made us do, I mean actual bbing style stuff n for fighting too it helped out a fkload so now I can go down to like 20lbs less for weigh ins then within a day or 2 I can supercompensate n be actually heavier than my starting weight which means I end up fighting some guys that look half my size ahah)

That's the only reason gps lost to Serra and Hughes his wrestling was not on point yet be he figured em out quick.
Yeah which is fkin nuts if you think bout it, hughes was a D1 wrestler so him getting fked up by GSP is a classic moment n shows how much monsieur Saint Pierre is a goat, imo someone who is very underrated n who had a crazy career too is bas rutten (but maybe I’m biased as him n overeem trained at the places where I did my first fights in Amsterdam, Dutch kick-boxing is the best apart from Muay Thai, sometimes even an equal as it’s like Thai but with more boxing since us westerners are bigger n more too heavy as compared to the Asians) although rutten was already training in the states back then still he had lots of fans at our gym n overeem was fkin insane to look at him spar, when he fked up badr hari everyone lost it ahah

Yeah sorry for the rant mane I just miss them gyms in Amsterdam the competitiveness was on another level like you had pros sparring lil kids sometimes n everyone would go wayyy too hard but idk it’s kinda like the westside barbell mentality where you thrive off the energy of all the other beasts around you

Yeah which is fkin nuts if you think bout it, hughes was a D1 wrestler so him getting fked up by GSP is a classic moment n shows how much monsieur Saint Pierre is a goat,

Hughes not used to getting kicked in the nuts. Twice by GSP, iirc.

GSP: take the penalty but now Hughes is off his game for the rest of the fight.

Back