Just for fun: has anyone tried "Miracle Berries"? Potential implications for dieting!

MFAAS

AnabolicLab.com Supporter
I'm wondering if anyone's tried this. It's a wild experience for sure.

In a nutshell, the berry contains a glycoprotein (which is a protein attached to a carbohydrate) called "Miraculin". Miraculin binds to the same receptors on our tongue that normally bind to sugars and sweet things. The protein then causes the receptor to activate when exposed to H+ ions (which are acidic, and thus, normally taste very sour).

So when you eat the miracle berry, you chew it up and let the juices coat your tongue/mouth. It doesn't really taste like much and even though the berries are very small you only need one or two of them. Now the miraculin is bound to your sweet receptors and when a sour chemical enters your mouth it activates them, causing it to taste sweet!

So in lay terms, lemons now taste like lemonade and limes taste like lime-aid. Apple cider vinegar tastes like straight kombucha. Plain unsweetened Greek yogurt tastes like it has sugar in it. Grapefruits taste like some super-sweet candy. Cranberries taste like little pieces of candy too!

This seems like it could be an interesting way to help cut, especially for those who have a sweet tooth (like me, although I only indulge it while I am bulking, otherwise I simply do not buy or cook sweets of any kind OTHER THAN the occasional apple crisp).Then bulk season comes and my girl is making oatmeal raising whoopies with cream cheese frosting in the middle, homemade sourdough cinnamon rolls, lemon bars, pumpkin pies, rice pudding---ALL from scratch by the way, but I digress.

I tried the berries and they worked really well. I could literally just drink apple cider vinegar and it honestly tasted almost exactly like a sweetened kombucha. The only downside is that if you ate a lot of acidic foods you will probably degrade your enamel more.

Anyway, my point is, perhaps these berries (which are pretty damn cheap given you only need to eat 1 or 2). These ones are a very good deal and they're the ones I tried, they are legit.

I just think the idea that one could reduce calorie intake by reducing sugar, by using these berries to make things taste sweeter is a really interesting idea to me.

What do y'all think?

Tagging in @Type-IIx just in case he's interested in the topic :)

Sorry to go off topic, but the thread title reminded me of something. Watch this video. Though the sound quality blows, this is an actual commercial that airs on TV. Un freakin' believable!

I've heard of these, and I know they are legit as well. Would probably be of some help if you have a problem with sour flavors like yogurt,
I agree also that if you have a strong sweet tooth, it would also be good while cutting. Very interesting berries lol

It seems like miracle berries work against both sour and bitter flavors according to some sources.

The medium size is a better price per ounce than the large. Definitely interesting.
Yeah buying larger quantities is more economical for sure.

I've heard of these, and I know they are legit as well. Would probably be of some help if you have a problem with sour flavors like yogurt,
I agree also that if you have a strong sweet tooth, it would also be good while cutting. Very interesting berries lol
Yeah I'm thinking like of you are mentally sticking with a cut and need a cheat meal, rather than actually having a cheat meal you could make a sour, sugarless dessert and go ahead and eat that with a miracle berry instead!

I don't know that it would have that big of an impact in overall diet. But I'm really just thinking about the scenario above when you're deep in a cut and feeling awful, maybe this could help lift your spirits whilst not fucking up your diet. I wonder how 99% dark chocolate would taste, it is bitter so you might be able to eat like pure cacao and have it taste sweet lol. There's lots of different possibilities!

I wonder if these would change the taste of EAAs? I can't imagine they would taste good but I would be lying if I said I wasn't curious as to how they might taste lol. It could possibly actually make them taste sweet?!?!

Would stevia work by utilizing another method to make things taste sweet too?

These sounds amazing

Would stevia work by utilizing another method to make things taste sweet too?

These sounds amazing
Yeah I use stevia for some things, too much of it though and it bothers my stomach. It always seems to be mixed with erythritol which isthe cause of I eat too much.

They are mostly a novelty, definitely fun to try. I just mostly had a crazy what if sort of thought lol

I'm wondering if anyone's tried this. It's a wild experience for sure.

In a nutshell, the berry contains a glycoprotein (which is a protein attached to a carbohydrate) called "Miraculin". Miraculin binds to the same receptors on our tongue that normally bind to sugars and sweet things. The protein then causes the receptor to activate when exposed to H+ ions (which are acidic, and thus, normally taste very sour).

So when you eat the miracle berry, you chew it up and let the juices coat your tongue/mouth. It doesn't really taste like much and even though the berries are very small you only need one or two of them. Now the miraculin is bound to your sweet receptors and when a sour chemical enters your mouth it activates them, causing it to taste sweet!

So in lay terms, lemons now taste like lemonade and limes taste like lime-aid. Apple cider vinegar tastes like straight kombucha. Plain unsweetened Greek yogurt tastes like it has sugar in it. Grapefruits taste like some super-sweet candy. Cranberries taste like little pieces of candy too!

This seems like it could be an interesting way to help cut, especially for those who have a sweet tooth (like me, although I only indulge it while I am bulking, otherwise I simply do not buy or cook sweets of any kind OTHER THAN the occasional apple crisp).Then bulk season comes and my girl is making oatmeal raising whoopies with cream cheese frosting in the middle, homemade sourdough cinnamon rolls, lemon bars, pumpkin pies, rice pudding---ALL from scratch by the way, but I digress.

I tried the berries and they worked really well. I could literally just drink apple cider vinegar and it honestly tasted almost exactly like a sweetened kombucha. The only downside is that if you ate a lot of acidic foods you will probably degrade your enamel more.

Anyway, my point is, perhaps these berries (which are pretty damn cheap given you only need to eat 1 or 2). These ones are a very good deal and they're the ones I tried, they are legit.

I just think the idea that one could reduce calorie intake by reducing sugar, by using these berries to make things taste sweeter is a really interesting idea to me.

What do y'all think?

Tagging in @Type-IIx just in case he's interested in the topic :)
What I'm reading now sounds very interesting and quite good. As you correctly noted, for those who love sweets, or rather his fan, and cannot live without him.
You need to read more about this berry.
When I gave up sugar, stevia helped me. But I can describe sweet things like this, I can eat, but not much. I'm more of a fan of meat and good bread.

I wonder if these would change the taste of EAAs? I can't imagine they would taste good but I would be lying if I said I wasn't curious as to how they might taste lol. It could possibly actually make them taste sweet?!?!
EAA, this is a rare abomination and disgusting taste. If someone knows the recipe how to make them tasty or at least neutral, I will say a huge thank you. I've always choked on them.

EAA, this is a rare abomination and disgusting taste. If someone knows the recipe how to make them tasty or at least neutral, I will say a huge thank you. I've always choked on them.
I have EAAs and the berries. Later today I will try it to see how it changes the taste of my own regurgitated vomit...oops I mean EAAs lmao.

I have EAAs and the berries. Later today I will try it to see how it changes the taste of my own regurgitated vomit...oops I mean EAAs lmao.
Then keep up to date how everything went for you and how much the taste has improved. Is there anything in this life that can improve the taste of EAA :)

Then keep up to date how everything went for you and how much the taste has improved. Is there anything in this life that can improve the taste of EAA :)
I forgot to do it last night but I am gonna try it this morning. I'll let you know how it goes!!

Well, EAAs definitely don't taste quite as bad with the berries. The sour is sweet, but it still has the acidic pukey taste to it. I was able to sip on it and take gulps without such an extreme response, but it was by no means close to "good".

I only drink in gulps and wash down with plenty of water to remove the nasty aftertaste.
Yeah I make an EAA "shot" with as little water as possible. Then just shoot it back. Then I rinse out my mouth and eat something that will overpower the taste like a few raisins or some peanut butter or something. Drink a good bit of water and done.

It was interesting though. They did taste like the underlying flavor was sweet. It's just that damn stomach acid flavor that was still overpowering.

Yeah I make an EAA "shot" with as little water as possible. Then just shoot it back. Then I rinse out my mouth and eat something that will overpower the taste like a few raisins or some peanut butter or something. Drink a good bit of water and done.

It was interesting though. They did taste like the underlying flavor was sweet. It's just that damn stomach acid flavor that was still overpowering.
Yes, that's right, everyone who ends up using them all the time. They just swallow and try to drink and eat. The damn drink comes out. Guys who first come to the hall and try them, they think if the taste of shit means effective