Kratom

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by FiEnD, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Sworder

Sworder Member

Because a person isn't an addict forever... It is trauma that causes drug dependency's most the time, something missing in a person's life so the drug becomes a surrogate.

"Johnny Quid:
    [playing piano softly] You see that pack of Virginia killing sticks on the end of the piano?
    Pete:
    Yes.
    Johnny Quid:
    All you need to know about life is retained within those four walls. You will notice that one of your personalities is seduced by the illusions of grandeur - the gold packet of king size with a regal insignia, an attractive implication towards glamor and wealth; the subtle suggestion that cigarettes are indeed your royal and loyal friends, and that, Pete, is a lie. Your other personality is trying to draw your attention to the flip side of the discussion, written in boring bold black and white, it's a statement that these neat little soldiers of death are, in fact, trying to kill you and that, Pete, is the truth. Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren. That that starts sweet ends bitter, and that which starts bitter ends sweet. That is why you and I love the drugs and that is also why I cannot give that painting back. Now please, pass me a light." Guy Ritchie, RockNRolla

2. Tiredandhot

Tiredandhot Member

Your comment on addiction is the most inaccurate and absurd thing I've ever read.
    You should not be commenting on any addiction issues, wow.

chocolatemalt, slyfox115 and Havah like this.
  3. Sworder

Sworder Member

Why? Are you part of the crowd that believes addiction is a disease and that you are powerless to it?

You are projecting your own inability to control yourself. If it hurts, don't post about yourself.

"Johnny Quid: You wouldn't understand.
    Pete: Why not?
    Johnny Quid: Because you are street scum, Pete. You're in need of a good education, that's what you need. But your dad didn't give a shit about you, did he? And that's why you're on the gear; the gear is your surrogate father.
    Pete: What's this, shrink-time?
    Johnny Quid: Come on, Pedro! I'm your sponsor...doctor...I'll be your dad if you feel a bit of regression coming on. But first we need a drink in our hands." Guy Ritchie, RockNRolla

4. Tiredandhot

Tiredandhot Member

No, a choice. But I've learned that I can't recreationally take pain pills and uppers. Most people with past addictions will say they stay away and don't venture down the road in hopes they now can.

5. Sworder

Sworder Member

What do you think is the root cause of addictions? Please don't give me the snowflake thing that everybody is different. I take cyanide, I die. You take cyanide, you die.

6. Tiredandhot

Tiredandhot Member

I'm not trained nor having schooling to answer your question. And based on your comment above, neither are you. To tell someone with past opiate addiction that its 100 percent safe to take kratom is not wise.

7. Sworder

Sworder Member

Total victim mindset, you did the whole drug program I see.

You come with remarks towards me but you have nothing to say. Ignore me if all my posts bother your inner self so much.

You don't think there is a common denominator with addictions?
    So you are telling me that you had a great job, great family and upbringing, great wife and then all of a sudden you were shooting heroin? RIGHT!

Safe? Define safe.
    I have been a huge proponent of stating that kratom is an opiate and that it is addicting. Re-read the thread. Stop putting words in my mouth...

8. Tiredandhot

Tiredandhot Member

I've read enough of your posts on meso that going back and forth with you is pointless. You can claim whatever you want, I don't care what you personally think.

9. Sworder

Sworder Member

I hit the nail on the head obviously.

Yeah, you have been going back and forth with me for over an hour. Am sure you don't care what I think.

10. Havah

Havah Member

Addiction is a brain desease
    Doesnt mean you are powerless to it

"Trauma causes addiction" lol my god, its merely a risk factor, and what do you call "trauma", half the population went through a tramatic event yet most of them have no addiction issue whatsoever

So clueless, its almost entertaining

Just because you annoy people doesnt mean you re on to something my dude, nobody likes a random jackass saying dumb things all day thinking hes got everything figured out

OnTheRize and The Terminator like this.
  11. Havah

Havah Member

There are numerous factors and the most important is (as often) the genetic factor

Why dont you open a book i mean this is like the basis

OnTheRize likes this.
  12. slyfox115

slyfox115 Member

This x 100. Another thread ruined by @Sworder. @Tiredandhot just try to ignore him....maybe we can salvage this thread.

13. Sworder

Sworder Member

Ah okay, what kind of a blood test does it show up on?

FiEnD likes this.
  14. FiEnD

FiEnD Member

Lol

15. Havah

Havah Member

So thats your definition of a disease ?

Alzheimer isnt a disease aswell then, thats gucci

The Terminator likes this.
  16. Sworder

Sworder Member

Pretty much yes, if it is not verifiable by empirical data.

I would call addiction a behavioral disorder. I don't like hard labels, especially when people respect those labels then they tend to imprison themselves within it.

17. chocolatemalt

chocolatemalt Member

I'm new around here but learned quickly that he's the designated village idiot, a mindless troll. Best to simply ignore.

OnTheRize and Tiredandhot like this.
  18. buck

buck Member

If you take away every one with a behavior disorder whether it be drugs, legal,illegal or over prescribed, food, over eating or not eating healthy, alcohol, dysfunctional relationships, cigarettes ,training to where damage is accruing and all the other things that are negative and brought on by behavior I don't find to many people left standing In this country.

Tiredandhot likes this.
  19. Sworder

Sworder Member

I know it is appalling! Also, this is more of a middle class and lower class problem. America's upper class is doing a lot better.
    Travel to Europe, they don't have the same problem. Why do you think that is?

20. Havah

Havah Member

Which problem does europe not have?