Let’s see those garage gyms!

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by Worf, Mar 27, 2020.

1. rutman

rutman Member

Thanks brother!

Logan44551 likes this.
  2. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Rack and Bar showed, have the bench not in pic. Finally and just in time for gyms to open back up lol 20200508_174325.jpg

MCFC, wesley_swolle, Barny and 12 others like this.
  3. CAswole

CAswole Member

^^^this looks great @Btcowboy . And @Worf since I'm not that bright I've just kinda realized I'm posting up my home workout shit in my other home workout thread. I like this one better so I'm gonna jump ship and start posting in here lol

4. CAswole

CAswole Member

I posted this yesterday in the other thread but I'll repost here in case anybody got a hair up their ass to build a dip bar. Works great and is holding me, 220 + 110lb dumbbell with no problem. IMG_20200507_175753495.jpg

wesley_swolle, Worf, EazyE and 8 others like this.
  5. Artifex

Artifex Member

awesome , love how the floor turned out
    great job

Btcowboy likes this.
  6. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Thanks all, happy with how it turned out as well. Bolting it down today and starting Sheiko again Monday.

Had to get a little pissy with the store to get shit moving. Still waiting my 10lb plates, and DB handles but this isnt make or break for training again. 45s I nees to be gentle with as they are letting me return the bumper 45s for thinner rubber coates in June.

CAswole, Worf and BigBaldBeardGuy like this.
  7. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

There done, everything in its place except plates waiting paint on tree to set up
    20200509_145436.jpg

8. Artifex

Artifex Member

you need speakers and mirror ;)

Logan44551 and Btcowboy like this.
  9. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Lol, no mirror but do need need some gym posters, art, flags, banners lol... got a Bose Mini Sound Link which puts out the tunes pretty good.

CAswole, EazyE, Heynow and 1 other person like this.
  10. Artifex

Artifex Member

yepp, I have a little bose soundlink too ( it's been great )

I would put some pictures from Animal ( supplement brand )

CAswole, EazyE and Btcowboy like this.
  11. Artifex

Artifex Member

animal.jpg
    something like this

12. 5D0C3C4B-31B9-4201-9E31-70BE1AA1E3C9.jpeg It’s a little hard to see it well, but this is the basement gym I’ve built up over the past few years. I’ve been training alone for about five years and this is where I get it all done. I added a Titan GHD and some more horse stall mats late last year that’s not in the picture. It’s dirty and dusty, but I don’t give a shit. It’s functional and gets the job done.

13. rutman

rutman Member

Mirrors are expensive as hell! I checked on 2 that were 108 x 72 and they quoted me $2100.

I bought some mirrored closet doors at Home Depot for $149 a set. They work good.gotta leave the mirrors in the frames though. They have the funhouse look when taken out.

14. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Had a buddy weld a plate tree up for me, only cost me the material. A couple things I would have done differently but it works and looks good. Should have powder coated instead of painting.

I am still waiting on
    4 10lb plates
    Swapping the 8 45lb bumpers for 10 45lb rubber coated like the rest of them. 20200509_193544.jpg

15. CAswole

CAswole Member

Well @Btcowboy looks like you can officially cancel that gym membership now dude. Love the setup. Lots of good, hard work to be put in on that equipment for sure. I'm improving my setup and hope to start to finish up the floor and ceilings soon so it doesn't look so much like a serial killers dungeon. Other than that my dimly lit space is working great. Can't wait to get a power rack in there.

16. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Thanks brother, feel bad cancelling the membership as they are small and great people. I am happy with how it turned out. Crazy to think this virus put fitness equipment as the most wanted purchases lol. There will be some cheap hardly used equipment being sold someday soon, not mine but mark my words.
    I actually want a more dark look for my gym, wife digging her heels in and not letting me go crazy. I just ordered this 5 canvas set for one big wall I have down there. The pictures measure 6.5ft long x 3.25ft high

Also still trying to get the first pic stenciled on platform 1586733324315_Skull and BB.png 20200413_084012.jpg

CAswole, Barny, Artifex and 3 others like this.
  17. rutman

rutman Member

IMG_2714.jpg

Got my flooring down and half the equipment in place. Got a load of plates coming in from Troy on Monday. Still waiting on my Elite FTS stuff.

wesley_swolle, CAswole, Worf and 8 others like this.
  18. Logan44551

Logan44551 Member

Bad ass!

rutman likes this.
  19. Logan44551

Logan44551 Member

Grabbed this for 75 bucks today. IMG_20200517_210249.jpg

20. I scored BIG! I got 500lbs in Olympic plates, Olympic bar, and Smith machine/ Lat pull down with 150lbs all for $300 Bucks! And some basic mechanical work.

flenser, rutman, Btcowboy and 4 others like this.