Meso challange thread! (A must read or you lose all gainz)

If you only knew... :oops:

Truthfully this gave me an appreciation for what "real" powerlifters do. Ive seen the videos and documentaries of them eating 8-10k a day and its hard work. The training is actually the easy part compared.
I would live in the bathroom, squat rack and the kitchen if I was a real powerlifter. Costco all the toilet paper and food. Ugh...doesn't that sound awful???

If you only knew... :oops:

Truthfully this gave me an appreciation for what "real" powerlifters do. Ive seen the videos and documentaries of them eating 8-10k a day and its hard work. The training is actually the easy part compared.

I know exactly what you mean. The best part that I took away from the challenge was the strength athletes that put down 10k on the reg. You would adapt to it but I just can't imagine having to do it everyday...

I know exactly what you mean. The best part that I took away from the challenge was the strength athletes that put down 10k on the reg. You would adapt to it but I just can't imagine having to do it everyday...
Not as hard as you think brother. I think I demonstrated that quite easily. Jay had more "solid" foods than I did. But I had more calories. Let the calorie work for you. PEANUT BUTTER. Fucking IFBB Pro Mike Matarazzo used to eat a whole jar a day as part of his 8000 cals. This is pretty normal. It's all good stuff. PB isn't junk. Your gonna eat your stomach a distended fucking mess throwing down Sandos and subs and huge bowls of pasta you do that on a perpetual bulk. Those foods digest soooooo poorly.

Not as hard as you think brother. I think I demonstrated that quite easily. Jay had more "solid" foods than I did. But I had more calories. Let the calorie work for you. PEANUT BUTTER. Fucking IFBB Pro Mike Matarazzo used to eat a whole jar a day as part of his 8000 cals. This is pretty normal. It's all good stuff. PB isn't junk. Your gonna eat your stomach a distended fucking mess throwing down Sandos and subs and huge bowls of pasta you do that on a perpetual bulk. Those foods digest soooooo poorly.

Now you tell me.
Im not having a happy Sunday :(

Yeah I think PB is the key to a lot of bulks, both in the weight room and to the every day American. People get really, really surprised when they measure out a proper 200 calorie serving of PB. It's easy to put 500 cals of PB on an everyday PB&J sandwich for a lot of people.

I would venture to say PB has a significant impact on the obesity factor in the US. It's just not a food staple you find in other cultures...add it to milk, sugary foods, our portions and alcohol consumption, and you've got a highly caloric food staple. If you eat clean and have measured portions of PB, it isn't an issue...but that's not the average.

I agree bud. The challenge wasn't really horrible for me but it wasn't the easiest because 5-6k is all the higher I've ever gone, if I had planned it out a bit I could have got more calories down... Instead it was just a big cheat day for me to go into a deficit. But the challenge did put it into perspective for me that the lifestyle of putting 10k calories a day down would not be easy at all and I have new respect for the elite's that live this everyday.

Eddie Hall commonly eats an extra large pizza with everything on it for lunch... At his weight he needs 5k just to maintain his bodyweight.

Mariusz Pudzianowski eats ten eggs and a pound of bacon every morning for breakfast.

Phil Heath eats 5-6 pounds a day of chicken.. (Although I think he's kind of a shit talker)

I definitely agree there can be strategy to it like you say but it wouldn't be an easy lifestyle to consume calories day after day like that, at least for me which says something because I do consider myself a pretty big eater as well.

A measured cup of JIF peanut butter has 1520 cals & 65g protein
You tell me what's easier to eat, a foot long sub with double meat or a cup of PB?

Considering I will be hungry in an hour after the PB and ready for my next bulk style meal it's a win win. No bloat and who doesn't like to eat PEANUT BUTTER!!:D

When you hit 260 jay I'm gonna start collecting royalties on your ass. Advice ain't freeo_O

Looks like you boys had fun with this challenge, unfortunately my weekend didn't allow me to go nuts with the food :( I was stuck doing some home construction and building furniture... Fucking sucked.

Anyway, I'm hoping to try this tuesday!

A measured cup of JIF peanut butter has 1520 cals & 65g protein
You tell me what's easier to eat, a foot long sub with double meat or a cup of PB?

Considering I will be hungry in an hour after the PB and ready for my next bulk style meal it's a win win. No bloat and who doesn't like to eat PEANUT BUTTER!!:D

When you hit 260 jay I'm gonna start collecting royalties on your ass. Advice ain't freeo_O
Seriously? I had NO idea it was THAT nutrient dense... Hmmm.

I'm going to have to sit this squat challenge out. I'm coming to the end of my Sheiko routine and have a mock meet in less than two weeks. I'm down for some strength challenges after that. I saw a weighted dip and pull up challenge on YouTube this morning that looked pretty cool.

Okay, 10K challenge will be attempted today.... I will post as I go... Maybe some people can help with the calories on these things? I'll try my best to estimate....:

Started the morning with a shake of-
1 carton egg whites- 250c, 50p
1 banana- 105c
1/2 cup almond milk- 20c
1 cup blueberries- 85c

Take out-
4 fried eggs - 360c
maybe 2 cups of potatoes?- 400c?
1 slice sourdough toast w/ jam- 70c
1 piece ham steak-300c

Donuts-
1 boston cream- 320c
1 raspberry filled- 300c

So far- 2210 calories, we got this! It's only 7:20am :D

*Edit* I am going to TRY and not "cheat" and drink high calorie beverages such as soda and gatorade....

10k1.JPG
10k2.JPG

10k3.JPG

Okay, part 2 of who knows how many?.....

Here we go-

.65lb roast beef- 85p, 445C
1lb NY strip- 550c, 105p
2 fried eggs- 200c, 12p
1 salad- 100c or so
1 chocolate croissant- 300c
1 mountain dew- 290c
1 bag of gardettos-750c

add them up - 2635c, 202p

So far, here we are all together-

4845 calories, ~350g protein i'd guess. Fuck, this is so hard having NOT eaten this sort of crap in months... Wow.

10k7.JPG

10k9.jpg

10k5.JPG

10k6.JPG

10k4.JPG

This is getting tough, add another 350 cals or so with these two macaroons (I ate on before the pics, oops).

10k10.JPG

Call it 5200 cals at the moment. Fucking @gr8whitetrukker makes this shit look easy... My body is SOOOO not used to eating this much crap from my cut.... Sitting here with a headache contemplating what I got myself in to....

Dear god, please just allow me to have a killer arm day after this... Please.

I wish man! I love cheesecake, dairy in amounts like that makes me super sick :(

I used to be the same way dude... I threw dairy completely outta my diet for a few months. Only exception was Greek yogurt. Added milk back in and was fine... Then added cheese in small amounts.. Still fine. Was like I grew out of it or something. Hope the same happens for you bro.

This is getting tough, add another 350 cals or so with these two macaroons (I ate on before the pics, oops).

View attachment 40273

Call it 5200 cals at the moment. Fucking @gr8whitetrukker makes this shit look easy... My body is SOOOO not used to eating this much crap from my cut.... Sitting here with a headache contemplating what I got myself in to....

Trukk made it look easy. I was hurting for 2 days after. I may hire him to be my nutritionist...

View attachment 40273

Trukk made it look easy. I was hurting for 2 days after. I may hire him to be my nutritionist...
I'm a trash can. Don't hate. Your allowing yourself to be defeated. All mental bros