• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Mk677 and the liver

Goingstronger

10+ Year Member
Here is the full MK 677 formula:

• 2-amino-2-methyl-N-[1-(1-methylsulfonylspiro[2H-indole-3,4'-piperidine]-1'-yl)-1-oxo-3-phenylmethoxypropan-2-yl]propanamide

It’s a methylated compound according to the formula.

Does that mean it burdens the liver as any oral steroid would?

Oh yeah?

We thought for 20 years Minoxidil’s action wasn’t mediated by anti-androgenic pathways.

Now we realize it is:

Minoxidil Acts as an Antiandrogen: A Study of 5α-reductase Type 2 Gene Expression in a Human Keratinocyte Cell Line. - PubMed - NCBI

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4039155/

And « no study had mentioned it before »...
I understand what you are saying, and with all do respect I have to disagree with the fact it’s hepatotoxic. I am currently undergoing treatment for hep C. I am taking mk677, although I am taking medication to cure the virus, my values have never been better. My lifestyle is has changed significantly before I decided make commitment, I dont. Drink have been sober for years now, my diet is better and I have only been running 250mg of Test/wk all f which my doctor is aware of. So I am not calling you a liar, but I for one would have a lot more to lose by taking mk677 than anyone. And it has had no negetive effect on my liver AT ALL

Here is the full MK 677 formula:

• 2-amino-2-methyl-N-[1-(1-methylsulfonylspiro[2H-indole-3,4'-piperidine]-1'-yl)-1-oxo-3-phenylmethoxypropan-2-yl]propanamide

It’s a methylated compound according to the formula.

Does that mean it burdens the liver as any oral steroid would?
You are looking for an alkyl group, specifically a methyl or ethyl group, at the C17α position.

I do not see that with MK677.

mands

You are looking for an alkyl group, specifically a methyl or ethyl group, at the C17α position.

mands
Lol, glad you were able to explain that since every single bit of bro science out their always ends with the same statement, “ But but but it has methyl in the name.
Just so we are cleAr, the following is an example of what a c17aa steroid looks like -
2-Hydroxymethylene-17α-methyl-4,5α-dihydrotestosterone.

Can anyone tell me what this is give you a hint starts with a A ends with an notice the methtlation at the 17a posiTion

Last edited:

mands

Thanks Mands, finally a clear cut explanation from someone who knows a thing or two

Methyl groups are a very normal thing in chemistry. One in one place on one molecule does not necessarily mean the same thing in any other place or on any other moleule. The placing of the methyl group in the c17a position of the steroid molecule makes it hepatotoxic, however, that doesn't imply that anything you put in your mouth with a methyl group is toxic. Mk-677 isn't even a steroid molecule, so it's not even based on the same cholesterol ring structure.

Mk-677 isn't even a steroid molecule, so it's not even based on the same cholesterol ring structure.

Doesn’t mean you can’t attach a methyl group to it to make it more bioavailable thanks to a heavy and burdening liver first-pass.

Anyways, @mands answered very well, topic closed

I thought methylized and alkylized were two different things for the same purpose. I have also heard methylization is more toxic?
Anything that is alkyl is an alkane missing one hydrogen. This is the case with the "methyl" you are familiar with. Methyl is the smallest grouping, and is used in the c17a position for oral steroids.

Anything that is alkyl is an alkane missing one hydrogen. This is the case with the "methyl" you are familiar with. Methyl is the smallest grouping, and is used in the c17a position for oral steroids.

Which means what as far as Mk677 is concerned?

Doesn’t mean you can’t attach a methyl group to it to make it more bioavailable thanks to a heavy and burdening liver first-pass.

Anyways, @mands answered very well, topic closed
I’m unsure how to elaborate further. What specifically are you looking to have answered? Organic chemistry is not a simple as “methyl group = liver toxicity.” That’s indisputable. Please refer to post #9 if that is still the question. Mk-677 shares no similarities with a steroid molecule.

I’m unsure how to elaborate further. What specifically are you looking to have answered? Organic chemistry is not a simple as “methyl group = liver toxicity.” That’s indisputable. Please refer to post #9 if that is still the question. Mk-677 shares no similarities with a steroid molecule.

Antibiotics share no similarities with a steroid molecule either and are still a burden to the liver.
Just like most oral medications.

What kind of an argument was that?

Antibiotics share no similarities with a steroid molecule either and are still a burden to the liver.
Just like most oral medications.

What kind of an argument was that?
You’re simply reaching too far. I’m not presenting an argument, I’m trying to educate you by sharing facts. As is the point of a harm-reduction forum. There is simply no merit to your methyl group theory. Any possible toxicity from mk-677 would be completely independent from methylation. It’s a very simple concept and I can’t seem to understand why you’re attempting backlash. It’s all chill here. I am a professional in a related field.