My Caulking gun method

So this is my caulking gun setup. I know it looks a little janky but it makes it easy to just use the caulking gun a bit, walk away and do something else.

I can make about about 20 vials of MCT per hour, but if its GSO its alot slower. pain in the ass, especially in the colder temps.
I also did opt for a 20 dollar caulking gun. the 4 dollar one sucks ass and doesnt fit the 60ml syringe unless I pry it open wider.

I utilize IV extension tubing to allow it to lay on its side so I dont have to hold up the stupid gun.

I utilize whatman filters for this.

Red represents "Clean" "Non sterile"
Green represents sterile
1705276488339.png

1705276560519.png

How do you mount the syringe into the caulking gun. I had couple of slips and spilled oil on the floor, and had one instance of filter breaking open lol.

How do you mount the syringe into the caulking gun. I had couple of slips and spilled oil on the floor, and had one instance of filter breaking open lol.

Fill the strings to 40ml. Don't fill it all the way otherwise the rubber part of the plunger won't allow it to be pushed in there.

There are only certain caulking guns that will allow it to fit in there well. Not the cheap 4 dollar one either. I tried Lowe's and home Depot.

It can fit in there but you need pliers to make open wider.
2024-01-14 190135.jpg

This is a pretty smart way to do this!

Does the iv extension have a luer lock on both sides? Or is it only compatible with the iv needle? Where did you get the extension?

This is a pretty smart way to do this!

Does the iv extension have a luer lock on both sides? Or is it only compatible with the iv needle? Where did you get the extension?
Luer locks ability is on both ends. Only issue is that filters do not typically have it on the opposite side of the syringe.

Luer locks ability is on both ends. Only issue is that filters do not typically have it on the opposite side of the syringe.
I don’t think they really need the security of a leur lock on the downstream of the filter as the pressure is going to much less downstream due to the lack of an obstruction, ie like the filter upstream.

Off the top of my head I don’t think I’ve personally seen syringe filters with leur locks after the filter.

So this is my caulking gun setup. I know it looks a little janky but it makes it easy to just use the caulking gun a bit, walk away and do something else.

I can make about about 20 vials of MCT per hour, but if its GSO its alot slower. pain in the ass, especially in the colder temps.
I also did opt for a 20 dollar caulking gun. the 4 dollar one sucks ass and doesnt fit the 60ml syringe unless I pry it open wider.

I utilize IV extension tubing to allow it to lay on its side so I dont have to hold up the stupid gun.

I utilize whatman filters for this.

Red represents "Clean" "Non sterile"
Green represents sterile
View attachment 275035

View attachment 275036
Very nice !

Do you use multiple guns to accelerate the process ?

You need to replace the syringe filter after gow man ml?