On the Sidelines

YourHypocrisy

Used exclusively UGL for many years in the past. Abruptly stopped after products from a very well known source, - thought to be one of the most reputable/professional on here - would leave me with a massive, red, painful, abscess after each injection. Thought it was an issue of microbial contamination, so I got some 0.22um syringe filters for sterilization; however even after filtration, the abscesses continued with no reduction in severity. This occurred with every vial, and resulted in a loss of hundreds of dollars. The experience provoked a number of questions/concerns within me regarding the unknowns of what I'm putting into my body. Switched to TRT through a clinic shortly after and have never had an issue since. Cost is a burden, but until greater measures are taken to validate UGL product safety, I won't be going back.

Welcome to Meso. Actually you joined before me haha. I am sorry you went through that. These were really abcesses? You were using aseptic technique the whole time?

Switched to TRT through a clinic shortly after and have never had an issue since. Cost is a burden

What is this costing you per month? One of the bigger telemedicine clinics or local one?

I am glad it is now working for you.

Last edited:
Welcome to Meso. Actually you joined before me haha. I am sorry you went through that. These were really abcesses? You were using aseptic technique the whole time?
I actually joined back in 2014 but completely forgot my old username. Have been using UGLs on and off since then, just up until last year.

I mean, I think they're abscesses? Does anything else meet the definition of a huge, painful, red, rock hard ball? These things are literally the size of my fist. Everything I use is sterile, always swab before injections, etc.. I actually just tried using one of the unopened vials a couple weeks ago again out of curiosity. As expected, the exact same thing happened. Was probably the worst one I've ever had too, and it still hasn't gone away.

I'm not even transferring the gear to another vial through the syringe filter either. I just perform the injection with the filter attached. So I'd think everything coming out on the other end would be completely sterile, and that there is something else at play causing some sort of extreme inflammatory reaction. This is ultimately what prompted me to come here again and begin searching for threads/posts on safety.

What is this costing you per month? One of the bigger telemedicine clinics or local one?

I am glad it is now working for you.
Clinic I switched to is one of the more popular online ones. Testosterone + nandrolone with bloods every 3 months has me at around $200 per month. With bloods every 6 months, that drops below $150. Compared to the $15~ per month I was spending on UGLs, it's been quite the transition. Though at least now I have the peace of mind knowing I'm not rotting myself from the inside out with some questionable chinese powder.

Honestly, I even question the quality of the carrier oils and solvents UGLs use, among other things. For instance, are UGLs sourcing food grade oil, approved for human consumption? Or are they using oil indicated strictly for cosmetic purposes? Are they sourcing high purity solvents, from trustworthy companies, stored in the appropriate containers, at proper temperatures? What materials are the vial stoppers made from? Will they leach during sustained contact with the vial contents?

I'm not educated enough on the topic to tell you how much these things matter or how significant of a problem they're likely to be, but I'm still surprised no one has really even been asking these types of questions at a minimum. There's just nowhere near the amount of information, testing, and transparency for me to comfortably continue. Hopefully that starts to change.

Did you have to drain these painful raised infected areas or the issue went away without opening the site?

If site never was opened then wouldn't localized infection or inflammation be more applicable term? Glad you are using a system that works now.

Oof that sounds horrid I'm doing a clinic trt too and it cost me about 110$ a month 140mg a week, plus an AI in case I need it