Ozempic (semaglutide) wtf?

lukiss96

So I have finally decided to use it this strange pen, I injected 36 clicks which is 0.5mg (right?) and after couple hours I already feel like I hate eating?

Is it normal? Is it placebo x10 effect? I had this steak on my mind now I don't even want it?

What is food? Do we need to eat? Can I not eat and not die? Am I invincible?

But really though when is it supposed to work and do the effects wear off over time?

Do I need to inject it more frequently
than once a week?
20220714_150737.jpg

Bro-science warning.

Some say every day dosing to avoid sides but the biology of these drugs in particular might suggest otherwise. Dynamic up/downregulation of certain signaling pathways might provide benefits that take a week or so to come back to homeostasis, then you hit 'em again.

Thus, weekly dosing.

But many of us learned the hard way with weekly testosterone injections that improved with EOD or twice weekly dosing. May or may not apply to everything.

I have an order of Semaglutide on the way and am trying to plan out my dosing schedule.
I have been toying with the idea of daily micro administrations instead of dosing 1mg+ at a time.
I suppose I will play around with the dosing to find out what works for me.
I need to do some research on half lives of Semaglutide to better understand how and when to dose.

This thread really shows how 2 years can change everything. Back then semaglutide (ozempic) was the thing, now it's not so special anymore and more advanced alternatives are available. Still an interesting category of drugs.

This thread really shows how 2 years can change everything. Back then semaglutide (ozempic) was the thing, now it's not so special anymore and more advanced alternatives are available. Still an interesting category of drugs.
Great point, I made my order a month ago and since then I have found out about Tirzepitide and Retatrutide and now I am wishing I had ordered Tirz instead of Semaglutide.
I wonder when the Phase 3 human trials will be finished an released for Retatrutide, if the findings are positive I figure it will become the most popular of all the weight loss peptides.

Great point, I made my order a month ago and since then I have found out about Tirzepitide and Retatrutide and now I am wishing I had ordered Tirz instead of Semaglutide.
I wonder when the Phase 3 human trials will be finished an released for Retatrutide, if the findings are positive I figure it will become the most popular of all the weight loss peptides.
Time will show, let's be more patient. Time flies by and things advance quite fast these days.

If you haven't used any of these drugs before sema is a great place to start. If you respond well to it with minimal side effects there's really no benefit to tirz or retra unless you just like paying more or want to use something that hasn't passed clinical trials yet.

Sema works great for me, almost no sides and I can keep the dose low for a long time and am still getting results. Really no reason for me to try tirz it's just a shitload more expensive.

If you haven't used any of these drugs before sema is a great place to start. If you respond well to it with minimal side effects there's really no benefit to tirz or retra unless you just like paying more or want to use something that hasn't passed clinical trials yet.

Sema works great for me, almost no sides and I can keep the dose low for a long time and am still getting results. Really no reason for me to try tirz it's just a shitload more expensive.

Clinical studies show Tirzepatide has 22% fat loss, compared to 14.9% on semaglutide in the same time window (62 weeks I think).

Tirzepatide is clinically more effective. If you're fatter, you should probably go for tirzepatide.

Clinical studies show Tirzepatide has 22% fat loss, compared to 14.9% on semaglutide in the same time window (62 weeks I think).

Tirzepatide is clinically more effective. If you're fatter, you should probably go for tirzepatide.
And if you can make all the same progress on sema that you can on tirz you can save a ton of money so why not try it first. I mean if I was talking to an obese population who doesn't train sure just take whatever hits the hardest and starve yourself.
I'm assuming people here train, are on point with their diet & count their macros. At that point all you need is the appetite suppression effects and if sema works for you for that it's a whole lot cheaper.

I’m on my third week. Boy does this shit work.

I’m that freak guy who’s got a normal body shape but can eat a Nando’s share platter. Sometimes when I go out il order two meals as I can’t decide what I want. I can eat. It’s not healthy really as I’ve trained myself (not on purpose) to not get full easily.

Anyway week 1 - 0.25mg - felt underwhelmed. It made me ridiculously hungry the first few days. I decide to up to .5mg on day 3.

Week 2. 0.5mg, upped to .75mg two days later. Then bumped to 1mg. Then it kicked in. Too well. I can’t even finish a basic sized tortila wrap.

Summery, this shit works so well. So well it will make you not be able to physically eat. I feel like that feeling when you’ve ate far far too much food, but after every single meal. Even a mango and spinach smoothie. Yes, I feel as full drinking one single smoothie than eating a 2000 calorie steak and potato’s. Crazy.

In hindsight I wish I stuck at .25 for 2,3 weeks. I got greedy. Now I’m having to be extremely careful what I eat before it makes me feel physically sick. Mainly protein and fats. Carbs are pretty much a no atm.

Wright is falling off and gym workouts not affected like they are on DNP.

If you’re going to do this. Be patient with it. If you do too much you’re fucked for basically a week.

And if you can make all the same progress on sema that you can on tirz you can save a ton of money so why not try it first. I mean if I was talking to an obese population who doesn't train sure just take whatever hits the hardest and starve yourself.
I'm assuming people here train, are on point with their diet & count their macros. At that point all you need is the appetite suppression effects and if sema works for you for that it's a whole lot cheaper.

The thing is bro, weight loss is a bit more complicated than that.

Yes perhaps, if you are a bit overweight, starve yourself for a couple months and it will come right back off. BUT. Contrary to popular belief, we are not machines that literally burn calories (which is measured by actually burning the food). It's a complicated process, that does not involve strictly the amount of food entering your body. GLP-1's, along with other medications, affect this balance in ways that make such a difference when you're clinically overweight.

It's not just about eating less is what I'm trying to say. It's also about how your body processes the food that enters your system. It's almost like we were lied to and misled by giant soda and junk food corporations that lobbied their way into the governments nutrition system since the late 80's.... fucking crazy.

The thing is bro, weight loss is a bit more complicated than that.

Yes perhaps, if you are a bit overweight, starve yourself for a couple months and it will come right back off. BUT. Contrary to popular belief, we are not machines that literally burn calories (which is measured by actually burning the food). It's a complicated process, that does not involve strictly the amount of food entering your body. GLP-1's, along with other medications, affect this balance in ways that make such a difference when you're clinically overweight.

It's not just about eating less is what I'm trying to say. It's also about how your body processes the food that enters your system. It's almost like we were lied to and misled by giant soda and junk food corporations that lobbied their way into the governments nutrition system since the late 80's.... fucking crazy.
Idk its not that complicated, eat less, you wont gain fat, but having the correct macro balance too, as eating all ice cream and no protein, you wont keep any muscle while you lose weight

Idk its not that complicated, eat less, you wont gain fat, but having the correct macro balance too, as eating all ice cream and no protein, you wont keep any muscle while you lose weight
Macros are very important of course. Eating less comes down food/meal choices and ability to say no. Sometimes job interferes with such things as diet and training, but nonetheless anyone can lose weight and improve the way they look and feel.

It's really not this simple for portions of the population.

I still need to somehow explain this properly, because what you're saying is not untrue. BUT.

For example, genetic factors can cause us to absorb nutrients in different fashions. One example would be menopause in women. Also, female dogs that have gotten spayed get fat. Their bodies are now storing more fat than they need due to hormonal factors, even though their diets are unchanged.

Macros are very important of course. Eating less comes down food/meal choices and ability to say no. Sometimes job interferes with such things as diet and training, but nonetheless anyone can lose weight and improve the way they look and feel.

There's also the accepted reality that once you reach a certain weight, your body does what it can to keep you at that weight. Called a set weight by most.

It would be telling somebody who gets sweaty indoors to wear lighter clothes and think dry thoughts. You're not sweating in this room, so obviously their body shouldn't be either. But it is. Clearly it's not a lack of will power causing them to sweat. Work isn't distracting them and making them sweaty...

Last edited:
It's really not this simple for portions of the population.

I still need to somehow explain this properly, because what you're saying is not untrue. BUT.

Based on (possibly historical) genetic factors and early age diet, people can absorb nutrients in different fashions. Menopause has to do with this as well with women. It's why female dogs that have gotten spayed get fat too. They're not simply eating more, their bodies are now storing more fat than they need. They are eating exactly the same as before, but now they gain weight.

There's also the accepted reality that once you reach a certain weight, your body does what it can to keep you at that weight. Called a set weight by most.

It would be telling somebody who gets sweaty indoors to wear lighter clothes and think dry thoughts. You're not sweating in this room, so obviously their body shouldn't be either. But it is. Clearly it's not a lack of will power causing them to sweat. Work isn't distracting them.
Yes and thyroid is one of these too, diabetes, and low T, etc. just makes it a bit more challenging, in one direction. So important to get all these factors in line too.

220 is my set weight, where my body goes, so i totally understand.

But i have also met diabetic who are in crazy shape, and people with hoshimotos who exercise and change diet to influence there thyroid. So there is a balance and people if they want to hit there goals MANY have to overcome obstacles that make it more challenging.

The crazy part to me is I've used Semaglutide 3 times now for maybe 6 months at a time at most but each time I've never gone over .5mg a week. in fact I only reached that dosage on this current run where I do .25mg twice a week. My appetite is easily a quarter of what it was a few weeks ago. I cannot possibly image needing 2.5mg/week or a more effective drug. Either of those would probably have me throwing up at the sight of a piece of toast. My recommendation is that people should give semaglutide a try first since it can be had for so cheap and the dose is potentially so small (if you're sensitive to it like me). larger dosages or switching drugs is totally unnecessary unless Semaglutide isn't effective for you or you happen to be someone who experience horrible side effects (I get absolutely none)

The crazy part to me is I've used Semaglutide 3 times now for maybe 6 months at a time at most but each time I've never gone over .5mg a week. in fact I only reached that dosage on this current run where I do .25mg twice a week. My appetite is easily a quarter of what it was a few weeks ago. I cannot possibly image needing 2.5mg/week or a more effective drug. Either of those would probably have me throwing up at the sight of a piece of toast. My recommendation is that people should give semaglutide a try first since it can be had for so cheap and the dose is potentially so small (if you're sensitive to it like me). larger dosages or switching drugs is totally unnecessary unless Semaglutide isn't effective for you or you happen to be someone who experience horrible side effects (I get absolutely none)
3 times for six months for what?
A member here said (rightly) that glps are not to be used like diet pills and that using them as such (in a non continuous manner) would cause your body to become irresponsive to them, to a degree.
From what you say, you were not extremely overweight or had other health issues to begin with, right, because you only took this for a short time?
So you just used it in conjunction with aas to lose weight?

GLP is a hormone. You're producing a sufficient amount so even a tiny dose is having a massive effect.

If you have a severe deficit of GLP production you need much more to get to normal levels (and experience a normal appetite, something a lot of clowns simply refuse exists).

Like a guy with low test using 200mg a week to get to average, vs someone at the top of the range getting pushed into supraphysiological levels with that much.