• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Path to a 500 wilks

Weight today was, 190.2

Workout was,

X3 deads @ 555
3x5 deads @ 475
4x5 bench @ 77.5%
3x6 jm press
4xamrap SS cable and band pushdowns

Officially starting my prep to the next meet. Lol. Feel like I've only said that half a dozen times lately. But this one's for real. Ha. Going to start a bit light and work up to a 585x3 comp style triple (full reset). Also a 345x3 bench, and 455x3 squat (should be easy). Then will peak to what will hopefully be rpe 8-9 singles of 635 dead, 365 bench, and 500 squat. Six weeks out so not a lot of time to get ready, but I'll probably compete at 198 so whatever strength I don't have I can make up for in calories. Lol. Should be within range of 650ish deadlift, 385ish bench, and low to mid 500s on sleeves squats. Not quite where I wanted to be, but hopefully I'll stay uninjured now and make shit happen

Last edited:
Weight today was, 190.2

Workout was,

X3 deads @ 555
3x5 deads @ 475
4x5 bench @ 77.5%
3x6 jm press

Officially starting my prep to the next meet. Lol. Feel like I've only said that half a dozen times lately. But this one's for real. Ha. Going to start a bit light and work up to a 585x3 comp style triple (full reset). Also a 345x3 bench, and 455x3 squat (should be easy). Then will peak to what will hopefully be rpe 8-9 singles of 635 dead, 365 bench, and 500 squat. Six weeks out so not a lot of time to get ready, but I'll probably compete at 198 so whatever strength I don't have I can make up for in calories. Lol
Go get it!

Weight today was 192.4

Workout was,

3x5 Pin squats @ 345lbs
3x6 spoto press @ 275lbs
3x5 snatch grip rdl
3x8 belt squat
3x8 glute raise
4x8 hammer curls
4xamrap SS reverse and band curls

Weight today was 194.0

Workout was,

X3 bench @ 315
3x5 bench @ 275
3x3 pause squat @ 345
50 pullups
3x8 t-bar rows
3xamrap SS db and band reverse flies
5x8 preacher curls
4xamrap SS hammer and band curls

Bench felt amazing. Nothing hurt and the weight practically moved itself. That made me feel pretty good about hitting 335x3 in a couple weeks.

Weight today was 194.6

Workout was,

X3 squat @ 435lbs
3x5 squats @ 365
3x8 pin press @ 245
3x8 landmine press
4xamrap SS db and band lateral raise
3x10 chest rows
5x8 skull crushers

First week down. Feel pretty good. All the weights moved easy like they should. Will at least have amraps at the end of next week

First day back on a structured meal plan. Right now at 3,800 calories, 50c/30p/20f split. Always seem to get a little increase in performance when I eat better. Also started taking 600mgs of test again. Was taking it for a couple weeks but then hurt my hamstring and didn't know if I would be laid up two weeks or two months so I just stopped it. But it's been over 4 weeks now I believe so I'll give that another go as well. Going to try and make sure that my training, nutrition, and recovery are at 100% until after the meet.

Weight today was, 197.2

Workout was,

3x3 deads @ 495
x8 @ 495lbs @ rpe 8?
3x7 bench @ 255
3x6 jm press

Weight today was, 197.2

Workout was,

3x5 Pin squats @ 345
3x6 spoto press @ 255
3x5 snatch grip rdl
3x8 belt squat
3x8 glute raise
4x5 strict curl @ 115lbs
4xamrap SS reverse and band curls

Looking back at the video, I think that set of 8 on deads was really like an RPE 6. The first rep was the same speed as the last.

Weight today was 198.0

3x3 bench @ 315lbs
X7 t&g bench @ 315 @ rpe 9
3x3 pause squat @ 345
50 pullups
3x8 t-bar rows
3xamrap SS db and band reverse flies
5x8 skull crushers

Well, bench wasn't quite what I was hoping for, but ended with what I expected. Definitely didn't have another rep in me, but wasn't a complete grinder. Still have a few more weeks to hopefully add a few pounds to my max as the training gets more intense.

Weight today was 199.0

Workout was,

3x3 squats @ 425lbs
X10 squats @ 425lbs
3x8 pin press @ 245
3x8 landmine press
4xamrap SS db and band lateral raise
3x10 chest rows
5x8 skull crushers

Well, squats were a lot easier than I anticipated, more cardio than anything. It will be interesting to see if I can transfer that into 1rm strength here soon.

Man, I gotta ask, who put together your training plan? Or did you do it yourself? Your numbers are stupid impressive even without considering your body weight

Man, I gotta ask, who put together your training plan? Or did you do it yourself? Your numbers are stupid impressive even without considering your body weight

Ha. Thanks. I've been doing it myself. Just tried a few different programs and slowly have been tweaking this and that to get it tailored more to my needs. I think that's been the hardest part. I could give anyone a cookie cutter program and their numbers would most likely blow up short term, but you'll probably hit a wall or get injured before too long. Learning to make steady gains while keeping my weight in check and feeling good physically/mentally the whole time has really been a challenge. I'm finally getting to the point now where everything is starting to come together.

Ha. Thanks. I've been doing it myself. Just tried a few different programs and slowly have been tweaking this and that to get it tailored more to my needs. I think that's been the hardest part. I could give anyone a cookie cutter program and their numbers would most likely blow up short term, but you'll probably hit a wall or get injured before too long. Learning to make steady gains while keeping my weight in check and feeling good physically/mentally the whole time has really been a challenge. I'm finally getting to the point now where everything is starting to come together.

No I completely understand. I did my first competition back in 2018 and since then I’ve pretty much done it all myself. Dealt with a broken leg and a torn bicep since then, and have struggled finding a program interesting and challenging enough to keep me intrigued. Anyways, great work man, you’re strong as fuck. Goodluck with the platform here in a few weeks [emoji1689]

Weight today was 198.2

Workout was,

3x3 deads @ 545
X8 deads @ 545 @ rpe 6
4x6 bench @ 265
3x6 jm press

Well, didn't think it would be a grinder, but didn't expect an rpe 6. Lol. Now I'm starting to get excited for this comp. Lol