PCT boogaloo, who is right who is wrong?

plisk

I've recently just come off cold turkey from a very, very long period of being on. It was less about using huge dosages and more just an ad hoc TRT because i could not source HCG (its tough to get in australia, and when it is available from sources it is ridiculously expensive).

I've been off for about a month and change now, and before that i was only using non-estered steroids so theres no concern about latent androgen in the blood causing suppression. The first two weeks were ridiculous, extreme lethargy, low mood etc. But now I feel relatively fine, libido seems quite normal, mood fine, etc. Surprisingly I did not lose much, if any size yet, but did lose some condition.

But now I'm at the point where i want to get off steroids for a good long while and want to fully recover quickly and be sure of it. I am quite familiar with all the PCT philosophies, and I had planned on doing Scally's PoWeR pct which seems to have become a gold standard in many communities, but now I am reading a lot of conflicting information.

The suggestion from people like Crisler and SWALE seems to be that hcg is only useful while on cycle, and that used during the recovery period would actually delay true recovery, providing only a "flare" effect, i.e high testosterone for a couple of months and then a significant drop.

The suggestion has been made to me that the ideal thing to do is only use tamoxifen (or clomiphene, but preferably tamox) for a few months to stimulate the pituitary and let the body do its thing.

It occurs to me that a lot of the PCT "logs" on the internet are almost always someone getting bloods while the effects of SERMs and HCG are still present and declaring this a "success". Very few logs of people getting bloods many months later when it would be far more indicative. Has anyone (or know of anyone) come off a very long cycle successfully and gotten relevant bloods to prove this to themselves well AFTER pct has been completed?

If it works for you, then it is the right move.

Unfortunately, there has been almost no interest from the research or clinical community to do studies. IMO, AAS politicization.

Back