Planning a cycle for a fuck load of mass (health is not an object here)

What kind of rule is this ?
You don't even know his goal.

You think Eddie Hall or Mariusz Pudzianowski cared to go single digit bodyfat before blasting grams and becoming the strongest men in the world ?

It's not a bodybuilding forum, it's a steroid forum, not everyone wants to go on stage with other oiled males in bikini.
Yeah but dude have you seen what those guys eat? Literal garbage like donuts, ice cream, tons of bad fats and sugars. Ill bet you thats why eddie hung it up in his late 20s dude probabaly doesnt want to die young. Im shocked brian shaw is still alive to be honest with that guys trash diet he ate like fucking a dozen krispy kreme donuts in one sitting and milk shakes and tons of burgers and fries. Not to hate on strongman but damn its just crazy to eat like that. Not really sure where im going with this here...

Try to get to single digits first brotha.
Jesus man, that is the hardest thing I’ve done with my life. I don’t even know if I was even really below 10%. I did everything to get to the leanest, I was probably smoking cigarettes at twice the amount just to curb appetite lol.

How do you guys manage to cut down to single digits every time before you start a blast?

I know he is kind of fat but you guys realize single digits is striking distance to contest shape right? I was always thought not to get fat means 12-15% not below 10%.

Are you all naturally lean?

Jesus man, that is the hardest thing I’ve done with my life. I don’t even know if I was even really below 10%. I did everything to get to the leanest, I was probably smoking cigarettes at twice the amount just to curb appetite lol.

How do you guys manage to cut down to single digits every time before you start a blast?

I know he is kind of fat but you guys realize single digits is striking distance to contest shape right? I was always thought not to get fat means 12-15% not below 10%.

I hear you bro, it’s definitely not easy. I’m not naturally lean at all lol. My bodyfat does tend to be distributed pretty evenly throughout my body though, ie not just my stomach. Single digits might be pushing it for a lot of people, I get that. I hover anywhere from 10-14% usually then cut down when I want to blast and put on size.

Best thing I ever did was hire a coach, and I don’t compete. I just use him for the diet aspect and timing of meals. Gear, gh and training is all on me. I like the accountability. For example, I’m 6’4” and about 238lbs right now at 12%. I started this cut about 2 months ago much heavier at 14.7% fat according to dexa. I get scanned every 2 months when I’m cutting to ensure I’m doing it right lol.

In reality, 10-12% is acceptable. But why settle? lol

I hear you bro, it’s definitely not easy. I’m not naturally lean at all lol. My bodyfat does tend to be distributed pretty evenly throughout my body though, ie not just my stomach. Single digits might be pushing it for a lot of people, I get that. I hover anywhere from 10-14% usually then cut down when I want to blast and put on size.

Best thing I ever did was hire a coach, and I don’t compete. I just use him for the diet aspect and timing of meals. Gear, gh and training is all on me. I like the accountability. For example, I’m 6’4” and about 238lbs right now at 12%. I started this cut about 2 months ago much heavier at 14.7% fat according to dexa. I get scanned every 2 months when I’m cutting to ensure I’m doing it right lol.

In reality, 10-12% is acceptable. But why settle? lol
You nailed it with the coach, takes guess work and second guessing out of the equation.

If only I can commit hundred percent on the lifestyle I would definitely hire a real coach/trainer but with family life still no. 1 I can’t justify paying then not following the plan all out.

Maybe someday.

You nailed it with the coach, takes guess work and second guessing out of the equation.

If only I can commit hundred percent on the lifestyle I would definitely hire a real coach/trainer but with family life still no. 1 I can’t justify paying then not following the plan all out.

Maybe someday.
Definitely bro! If and when the time comes, feel free to reach out to me with any questions about coaches and hiring them. It’s hasn’t been that long but I’m extremely happy. And it wasn’t that expensive either. My biggest issue in the past was sticking to my diet, once I spent the money I was like fuck it not gonna let it go to waste. Let’s go balls to the wall.

Exactly man, me personally as a ex fat fakk is the hardest thing to do right now. I'm almost 100 pounds down in 3 years and still now hovering at 15-17%, in 2 weeks i'm about to end my cut..I'm already 16 weeks in calorie deficit and that's it, i can't handle it more.

In 2 months i'm gonna do a 4 week minicut to lose some more and then i'm gonna start bulking, even if i'm at 15%, i need to add some muscle mass to get my metabolism going and next time i cut i hope i won't look like a bikini chick.

For the late 4 years i'm only maintaining-cutting, i really wanted to go at 10% or lower but it can't be done with impaired metabolism and low muscle mass. Some guys need to force feed to not lose weight and some need to starve to lose but if they eat a week more free they pack 5 pounds of fat and water, i belong in the latter.

I'm not planning to run grams though as OP but as a not naturally lean it's hard af to get sub 10%, so i just hope i won't end looking like eddie hall in my bulk lol

Exactly man, me personally as a ex fat fakk is the hardest thing to do right now. I'm almost 100 pounds down in 3 years and still now hovering at 15-17%, in 2 weeks i'm about to end my cut..I'm already 16 weeks in calorie deficit and that's it, i can't handle it more.

In 2 months i'm gonna do a 4 week minicut to lose some more and then i'm gonna start bulking, even if i'm at 15%, i need to add some muscle mass to get my metabolism going and next time i cut i hope i won't look like a bikini chick.

For the late 4 years i'm only maintaining-cutting, i really wanted to go at 10% or lower but it can't be done with impaired metabolism and low muscle mass. Some guys need to force feed to not lose weight and some need to starve to lose but if they eat a week more free they pack 5 pounds of fat and water, i belong in the latter.

I'm not planning to run grams though as OP but as a not naturally lean it's hard af to get sub 10%, so i just hope i won't end looking like eddie hall in my bulk lol

No risk, androgens burn a ton of fat, and you can't eat like Eddie Hall just because you decide to.

I think single digits is nonsense to start a blast.
theres not really any benefit going much bellow 12-13% unless youre struggling with severe insulin sensitivity issues.

a self assessed 17% (which is likely higher because humans are really bad at estimating bodyfat) is for sure less than ideal to start a mass gaining phase. but simply dropping down to 12-13% is plenty for most people to get their digestion sorted, insulin sensitivity set, and primed for a good response to the caloric surplus and training.

I personally maintain somewhere in the ballpark (my estimate, could be wrong) of 12-14% for both growth and health/maintenance phases and only enter into a true deficit if im dealing with digestive issues or to get my fasted BG more under control, or to reset food sensitivity after eating in a surplus for a year plus.

im currently at 250lbs and attached photos are form this mornings check ins deep into a full blown offseason growth phase.
Just like there is no reason to get sloppy fat during your growth phases, there really isnt much reason to get super shredded before a blast/push so long as your health, digestion, and food response are all good

VideoCapture_20240624-082840.jpgVideoCapture_20240624-082826.jpgVideoCapture_20240624-082927.jpg

i hope i won't look like a bikini chick

I am really trying to picture this....

Don't be so hard on yourself.
I know you guys get a little obsessive with this stuff, but you have done so amazing, so far.
I am not sure what the much lusted after sub 10% would mean for you, in reality.
Maybe it's like a challenge. But how relevant is to the way you perceive yourself?

theres not really any benefit going much bellow 12-13% unless youre struggling with severe insulin sensitivity issues.

a self assessed 17% (which is likely higher because humans are really bad at estimating bodyfat) is for sure less than ideal to start a mass gaining phase. but simply dropping down to 12-13% is plenty for most people to get their digestion sorted, insulin sensitivity set, and primed for a good response to the caloric surplus and training.

I personally maintain somewhere in the ballpark (my estimate, could be wrong) of 12-14% for both growth and health/maintenance phases and only enter into a true deficit if im dealing with digestive issues or to get my fasted BG more under control, or to reset food sensitivity after eating in a surplus for a year plus.

im currently at 250lbs and attached photos are form this mornings check ins deep into a full blown offseason growth phase.
Just like there is no reason to get sloppy fat during your growth phases, there really isnt much reason to get super shredded before a blast/push so long as your health, digestion, and food response are all good

View attachment 287361View attachment 287359View attachment 287360
I admitted myself that single digits is pushing it. That’s just where I like it to be. 10-12% is adequate. I just don’t see why people are saying that 17%+ is ok lol. That just means you don’t know how to eat and/or are lazy. If you start blasting grans of gear and don’t know how to eat you’re wasting precious time, let alone the money spent. All in my opinion of course.

I admitted myself that single digits is pushing it. That’s just where I like it to be. 10-12% is adequate. I just don’t see why people are saying that 17%+ is ok lol. That just means you don’t know how to eat and/or are lazy. If you start blasting grans of gear and don’t know how to eat you’re wasting precious time, let alone the money spent. All in my opinion of course.
Im inclined to agree with you. something as high as 17% is way less than ideal

This is the hard truth for most of us, admitting we don’t know how to eat.

I never lose the outlines of my abs and can always see it when I wake up but I know I am fatter than I should be lol.

Outside of those who compete, most of us gymbros need a hard cut before we even think about a growth phase.

I never lose the outlines of my abs and can always see it when I wake up but I know I am fatter than I should be lol.

Outside of those who compete, most of us gymbros need a hard cut before we even think about a growth phase.
Like I said earlier that was always my biggest problem. Accountability. When you’re just doing this to look good, it’s hard to say no to some indulgent food sometimes lol. Once the money was spent on a coach, I dialed in because I hate wasting money lol

Like I said earlier that was always my biggest problem. Accountability. When you’re just doing this to look good, it’s hard to say no to some indulgent food sometimes lol. Once the money was spent on a coach, I dialed in because I hate wasting money lol
That's why doing a log on the forum is also a good idea.

That's why doing a log on the forum is also a good idea.
I hear you. But people lie on forums. People use pictures that aren’t theirs or are old, or whatever. “Yeah I ate this and this today and benched 425lbs 18 times”. Once you are financially invested it’s a different animal, to me.

Keep a log with pics simple

View attachment 287361View attachment 287359

View attachment 287360

Nice brother, appreciate the feedback. I just can't deal with all that stuff being said about not being healthy if you're trying to grow at 12-14% bf.

Assuming you monitor e2, blood pressure, insulin sensitivity and all the health markers, what's so different between bulking at 8% vs 14% except that you'll end up a little chubbier?

I mean, i get it..bodybuilding is based primarily on how you look, and if you get chubbier this negates the purpose to some extend but if you're not planning to permabulk and after a slighty cruise you start cutting again, what's so wrong?

I asked some experts and honestly i was expecting a more detailed response. Or maybe they're right and i need to diet harder on 1500cals and 90 minutes cardio per day to get there lol

Attachments

• YT.png
    YT.png
    66.6 KB · Views: 14
Once the money was spent on a coach, I dialed in because I hate wasting money lol

. Once you are financially invested it’s a different animal, to me.

Fully agree.

Ive been living the lifestyle for a while, long before i first started working with a coach. But it was far too easy to either skip my meals, or substitute meals for tastier stuff and just justify it in my head with "ehh, the macros are close enough and the extra cals wont hurt"
That inconsistency really held me back for a while.

I first got in with my coach once i had decided i wanted to compete, because i knew my knowledge and experience at the time wasnt complete enough to pull off a prep and peak, but it was immediately apparent that the additional accountability was the real benefit i gained.

Ive learned a lot from my coach over the last 3 years or so, but nowadays the real benefit is the objective 3rd party holding you accountable and youre more incentivized to get your moneys worth out of it now that you have skin in the game.

no matter how much i grow as a coach with my own knowledge or experience, i will still always have a coach myself.