Protein - Sources? How much & when?

The other issue with shakes, if it's whey protein, is how fast they are digested. If you slam a shake with 50g protein you won't be able to make use of all 50g because of how fast it will digest. When you eat real food, the breakdown is slower and you get a trickle of aminos from the protein over a long period of time. Casein may solve this problem to some degree since it breaks down slower, but your still left with all the problems from drinking that many shakes in a day like others above have mentioned.

The other issue with shakes, if it's whey protein, is how fast they are digested. If you slam a shake with 50g protein you won't be able to make use of all 50g because of how fast it will digest. When you eat real food, the breakdown is slower and you get a trickle of aminos from the protein over a long period of time. Casein may solve this problem to some degree since it breaks down slower, but your still left with all the problems from drinking that many shakes in a day like others above have mentioned.
Thanks for the info. I’m aware eating too many shakes is not ideal but I have to assume it’s better than nothing. Unless i f course my assumption is wrong.

Thanks for the info. I’m aware eating too many shakes is not ideal but I have to assume it’s better than nothing. Unless i f course my assumption is wrong.
Yeah I would agree it's better than not getting enough protein. If that's what you have to do for the time being. If you can find a way to add real food protein sources you could see better results I believe.

That's why I prefer casein. Although I don't take more than two serving per day to make my protein pudding. I also find casein to not cause any acne for me, while whey especially if it's concentrate for some reason makes me break out a bit.

Back