PurplePandaLabs Raw source

How is Coinbase determining what is a bad transaction and what is not?
They were very vague about it. Check this out: about 8 months ago when I was clueless about coinbase terms of service... I was still in the mindset "Oh, bitcoin is totally anonymous"... I was making an order from China... I had 150 weekly limit still from coinbase using card. So took about 2 weeks of me buying 150.00 (still paranoid about bank account verification at that point). Well bitcoin went down and I was 20.00 short on my order. Got girlfriends account set up. Sent 20.00 from her account to my account. Then paid directly from coinbase...order paid for, then about 5 hours later... my account AND my girlfriends account BOTH got closed. You don't even know what a hassle other avenues of obtaining bitcoin are, and the fees are ridiculous from most other places...

Gemini is great but it took 40 days just to get verified because when bitfinex closed for the United States customers, everyone flocked other places...

Oh, btw... I emailed coinbase about why this happened and they just sent a general email about a terms of service violation and never responded any further. No specific explanation.

Well bitcoin went down and I was 20.00 short on my order. Got girlfriends account set up. Sent 20.00 from her account to my account. Then paid directly from coinbase...order paid for, then about 5 hours later... my account AND my girlfriends account BOTH got closed.

If this was done from the same public facing IP, then you got ganked for an obvious circumvention of daily limits and buyer ID requirements.

If this was done from the same public facing IP, then you got ganked for an obvious circumvention of daily limits and buyer ID requirements.

Lesson learned..

I've got two Gemini accounts on same ip.. and I transfer a few different coins back and forth...never a problem...

After initial setup (required a bank wire for verification) Gemini charges $0.75 fee to buy bitcoin, that's it.....and you do bank transfers but there's a 4-5 day wait)

Back