RAWS Testing

Scruf

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I recently purchased RAWs from QSC, but I won’t be brewing anytime soon, so I’m currently focused on storing them. I have a chamber vacuum sealer, Mylar bags, and oxygen absorbers ready for this purpose. I have a couple of questions:
  1. Should I test the RAWs now or wait until I’m closer to brewing? I don’t plan to brew for at least a few years.
  2. How much powder do you typically send to Janoshik for testing, and what kind of container do you prefer using?

Test it now. The degradation is not too much if stored properly and who knows if jano is still active in a few years.
There is instruction on how much you ned to send, and for the entire process

Test it now. The degradation is not too much if stored properly and who knows if jano is still active in a few years.
There is instruction on how much you ned to send, and for the entire process

Thank you, at first I couldn’t find Janos instructions and they are closed over the weekend. So I posted here. I ultimately found it on their website. Jano prefers 200mg and a autosampler vial. I think I may be keeping him in business. This will be my bazilianth test this year.

I will be testing 11 different Raws and will post the results. All are from QSC.

Thank you, at first I couldn’t find Janos instructions and they are closed over the weekend. So I posted here. I ultimately found it on their website. Jano prefers 200mg and a autosampler vial. I think I may be keeping him in business. This will be my bazilianth test this year.

I will be testing 11 different Raws and will post the results. All are from QSC.

Looking forward to this!!!

Your awesome Mr. Scruff!!! Did I read that right that jano wants 200mg of raws for testing???