Rib Cage Injury.

Old.

Hello everyone.

Leg press is one of my favorites, It wasn't crazy I was on my 4th set at 500lb when I felt like skin at the bottom of my rib cage popped up for a second with serious pain I had to let the weight go down.

Went on Google and found that Rib Cartilage injury is more common than I thought.

I purchased one waist belt high enough to cover where it hurts. Not sure when or even if I will be able to do this exercise anymore.

Anyone who has this incident I would be grateful to hear their experience, please.

Attachments

• Belt.JPG
    Belt.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 2
Was it an ab cramp, or maybe a hemmeroid?

Never experienced anything like this other than an intense ab cramp if I do legs the day after I train abs

Regardless I hope you get better soon

Hello everyone.

Leg press is one of my favorites, It wasn't crazy I was on my 4th set at 500lb when I felt like skin at the bottom of my rib cage popped up for a second with serious pain I had to let the weight go down.

Went on Google and found that Rib Cartilage injury is more common than I thought.

I purchased one waist belt high enough to cover where it hurts. Not sure when or even if I will be able to do this exercise anymore.

Anyone who has this incident I would be grateful to hear their experience, please.
Mabe you have that dislocating rib syndrome thing. After years of sports and getting older I tend to feel my lower ribs like they wana pop once in a while, I think its actually a cartalige thing the lower ribs are actually floating connected to cartalige you upper ribs are actually attached to bone I believe your sternum.
So if you feel that click it is 90% of the time going to be a Lower rib.

IF it is to do with your ribcage, @BigTomJ had a rib injury, after doing rows.
He healed pretty quickly.
Have a look at his log, he replied to me about it.
Is it super painful when you breathe?

Eee only time mine has hurt from breathing was from broke or bruised ribs which I've had a few times. No joke, always takes atleast 6 weeks for me to heal up and I feel like I heal faster than alot of people, even naturally.

Do you recall the page number of that conversation?

Never mind, i took my lazy ass back through a d read lol I didn't wana get roasted for wanting spoon fed, jk.

I read tom say it did take him 6-7 weeks using good recovery techniques and bpc. That's expected, rib injuries are the worst, if it's bad I would sleep in my recliner if possible.

Never mind, i took my lazy ass back through a d read lol I didn't wana get roasted for wanting spoon fed, jk.

I read tom say it did take him 6-7 weeks using good recovery techniques and bpc. That's expected, rib injuries are the worst, if it's bad I would sleep in my recliner if possible.
Sorry, I only read you message now

When I had it I felt like I was being stabbed every time i took a breath.
Honestly, I thought I was going to die, it was relentless for days...
Tbh, I don't remember how long it took to go away.
But I was not given any good advice. I just let it do its thing

When I had it I felt like I was being stabbed every time i took a breath.
Honestly, I thought I was going to die, it was relentless for days...
Tbh, I don't remember how long it took to go away.
But I was not given any good advice. I just let it do its thing
That's all u can do is rest and ice try not move and bairly even breath lol. at least that's all I would wana do with a broke crack or bruise atleast.

I do have to say though the rib injuries for me atleast always healed up nice they never caused long term or reoccurring problems, compared to other crap.

Mine was a subluxation at the costovertebral joint at my back, so I don't believe it's strictly applicable to OPs injury.

As others said, breathing was a legitimate challenge.

To OP, go see a doctor and go get imaging done

Mabe you have that dislocating rib syndrome thing. After years of sports and getting older I tend to feel my lower ribs like they wana pop once in a while, I think its actually a cartalige thing the lower ribs are actually floating connected to cartalige you upper ribs are actually attached to bone I believe your sternum.
So if you feel that click it is 90% of the time going to be a Lower rib.
You may be right, actually, I always noticed my left side lower rip when front posing has a slightly different curve than the right side and it looks like it wana pop like you said.

Was it an ab cramp, or maybe a hemmeroid?

Never experienced anything like this other than an intense ab cramp if I do legs the day after I train abs

Regardless I hope you get better soon
Going to the hospital today.

Thank you sir.

Sponsors