Terrible cholesterol , need help

Hey all, did bloodwork , and my numbers are terrible for cholesterol.

HDL22

LDL110

I’m 21, and this is kind of making my palms sweat

I eat clean, 5 eggs in the morning, lots of steak and chicken. I do a tablespoon of organic 100% Avacado oil with my breakfast every morning too.

Anyway I’m currently running

200mg test c / week
50mg anavar daily

Been like that for about 3 weeks for the anavar, I haven’t stopped test in like a year (I blast/cruise)

I’m thinking about getting ezetimibe to control it but wanted advice from here first.

I currently also take 2 fish oils (sports research), NAC, multivitamin, milk thistle, all good brands.

Thanks in advance!
It's the Anavar 100%. The only thing that I have found that is strong enough to truly counter the drugs effect is a low-dose statin. Otherwise, this is why you cycle.

For you fellas that are on statins, have you noticed it negatively affecting your ability to build muscle?

Does anyone here use statins prophylactically while on gear?
Yes. I am on Crestor (Rosuvastatin) I take 20mg a day while on blast and will drop it back down to 10mg on cruise. I am 48 with a history of bad lipids. It has worked great. I would start at 5mg if you don’t have bad lipids genetically.

There's so much bullshit going around about statins these days. They are wonderful drugs.
Yeah these idiots crank grams of synthetic hormones that are linked to serious health conditions by study after study but they're willing to roll the dice on whether or not "it can happen to them."
When it comes to taking a cholesterol-lowering drug for its intended purposes?
"No fuckin way bro I read on the internet that they don't even work and might cause health problems. Not worth it for me. You do you, though. You do you. RIP though. Big pharma has you in their pocket. Sad."

Last edited:
Yes I do. There’s basically no downside to it in my opinion. They work so well, better in every way than all supplements combined and cheaper. The fact guys will blast tren and mention the non existent sides of a statin is silly to me.
People will blast substances meant for feed cows, but become naturopaths when it comes to staying healthy during said blast.

I take 20mg/day rosuvastatin, my LDL was 250, my calcium score was 571. Terrible genetics. I have no choice, really. I’ve had no sides and have no issue adding size. LDL now in the 70-90 range.

I take 20mg/day rosuvastatin, my LDL was 250, my calcium score was 571. Terrible genetics. I have no choice, really. I’ve had no sides and have no issue adding size. LDL now in the 70-90 range.

With a calcium score that high you probably want to be more aggressive. On top of the statin and ezetimibe, you can add bempedoic acid and a PCSK9 inhibitor, either Repatha or Inclisiran.

Both are expensive if not covered by insurance. I take “Nexlizet” which is a combo of bempedoic acid and ezetimibe. It’s covered by my insurance, but I have seen it coming out of India for less than $1/day.

Yes. I am on Crestor (Rosuvastatin) I take 20mg a day while on blast and will drop it back down to 10mg on cruise. I am 48 with a history of bad lipids. It has worked great. I would start at 5mg if you don’t have bad lipids genetically.
I take 20mg crestor year round and 5mg of ezetimbe daily and haven't noticed it impacting muscle growth
Crestor seems to be the statin of choice around here. Any reason why, in particular? Thanks

Yeah these idiots crank grams of synthetic hormones that are linked to serious health conditions by study after study but they're willing to roll the dice on whether or not "it can happen to them."
When it comes to taking a cholesterol-lowering drug for its intended purposes?
"No fuckin way bro I read on the internet that they don't even work and might cause health problems. Not worth it for me. You do you, though. You do you. RIP though. Big pharma has you in their pocket. Sad."

This is exactly what is being said in some carnivore forums - the people who think fruits and vegetables are bad for you so advocate "plant-free" diets.

Even if LDL goes through roof. "It's not bad if you don't eat any carbs"

With a calcium score that high you probably want to be more aggressive. On top of the statin and ezetimibe, you can add bempedoic acid and a PCSK9 inhibitor, either Repatha or Inclisiran.

Both are expensive if not covered by insurance. I take “Nexlizet” which is a combo of bempedoic acid and ezetimibe. It’s covered by my insurance, but I have seen it coming out of India for less than $1/day.
I’d love to be more aggressive, I’ve been turned down by my endo and cardiologist for ezetimibe. I’ll look that drug up at pct24x7, tbank you, sir

I’d love to be more aggressive, I’ve been turned down by my endo and cardiologist for ezetimibe. I’ll look that drug up at pct24x7, tbank you, sir
How I got all my ancillaries is using push health. An online prescription request app. You request the medicine and dose your want, and only pay if you get the prescription. It’s $118 for the service but insurance will cover the prescription itself.

Once I had all my scripts (took a few months) I took them to my PCP (the VA) and now I have everything I need covered for life, even if I’m not taking it. Ezetimbe, telmisartan, nebivolol, ezetimibe, rousuvastatin. Hell I even once asked for Caber in a whim and got it. It depends on what doc you get too. DM me and I’ll get you to the Doc I use on the app.

Crestor seems to be the statin of choice around here. Any reason why, in particular? Thanks
I think it's stronger than lipitor. I had my Dr switch me from lipitor to crestor when my dose was increased. Can't exactly remember why but had to do w research about crestor not crossing the blood brain barrier.

My PCP turned me down for ezetimibe as well. It absolutely boggles the mind why any physician would hesitate to prescribe it. It's wholly benign, cheap, extremely well tolerated, has way fewer side effects than any statin.

There is a greater lipid lowering effect for a given dose. Ostensibly leading a smaller incidence of side effects. Lipophilic statins cross the blood brain barrier and are less hepatoselective than hydrophilic.

Theoretically hydrophilic statins have less SAMS (statin associated muscle symptoms), but the data on that is mixed. Some folks do switch from rosuvastatin to atorvastatin and experience fewer side effects, though that seems to be more of an exception.

This chart shows the efficacy vs. dose of various statins and gives a clear indication of how over-dosed many statins typically are. 20mg of atorvastatin would yield near maximal benefit but that doesn't stop cardiologists from increasing the dose to 80mg and giving 1/3 of those patients type 2 diabetes for no clinical benefit.

1710005270740.png

Statins are prescribed at different doses by cardiologists for different reasons. Someone who has already had a cardiac event and has established CAD is going to be on a higher dose than someone who just has high cholesterol. They want LDL below 70 at all times for someone with CAD and prior cardiac event. Why not just order the ezetimibe yourself? It is very easy to get without a script from several vendors here.

Statins are prescribed at different doses by cardiologists for different reasons. Someone who has already had a cardiac event and has established CAD is going to be on a higher dose than someone who just has high cholesterol. They want LDL below 70 at all times for someone with CAD and prior cardiac event.

The problem being that higher doses aren’t all that efficacious as evidenced by the dose response curve shown above. Even still the ACC doubled down I their high dose mono-therapy approach in the last publication of their guidelines, 2021 IIRC.

A poly-pharmacy approach will yield a greater reduction in LDL and ApoB, the thing we really care about, with fewer side effects.

When last tested, my LDL was around 58 on 10mg rosuvastatin and 500mg/wk anabolics.

Hey all, did bloodwork , and my numbers are terrible for cholesterol.

HDL22

LDL110

I’m 21, and this is kind of making my palms sweat

I eat clean, 5 eggs in the morning, lots of steak and chicken. I do a tablespoon of organic 100% Avacado oil with my breakfast every morning too.

Anyway I’m currently running

200mg test c / week
50mg anavar daily

Been like that for about 3 weeks for the anavar, I haven’t stopped test in like a year (I blast/cruise)

I’m thinking about getting ezetimibe to control it but wanted advice from here first.

I currently also take 2 fish oils (sports research), NAC, multivitamin, milk thistle, all good brands.

Thanks in advance!
Im pretty sure your var is fake if youre using 50mg of anavar every day. Secondly, take citrus bergamot and berberine twice daily in the am and pm. If it doesnt work either stop the cycle or deploy ezetimib or a statin...