TESTING YOUR GEAR.

pumpingiron22

AnabolicLab.com Supporter
So I know we talk alot about testing our gear. And even might refilter it. But I have not heard to many testing for bacteria. Right now im looking at a
Digital microscopy. And Petri dishes to cultivate http://www.celestron.com/browse-shop/microscopes/digital-microscopes curious if any one else does this?

I can't say I trust your links PI.

I'm not sure id know what I was looking at if I did run a culture. Its been years since I took biology. Its a very intriguing idea though.

All seriousness though PI (excuse my ignorance), doesn't filtering help with bacteria, or no?

; ) your not a Source lol. No need to worry. But safety first good way of thinking.
Yeah I really like to learn I remember . Doing this in biology and sure it could be applied. All I know is there is something moving around its not sea monkey's and is probably not good.

I remember bacteria is larger than viruses, but you still need a decent microscope to figure out what bacteria it is. They all look different, but there's probably common ones like staph that we could post up for reference.

Yeah I know filtering stop it. Just a extra precaution. Plus I want to pretend im a mad scientist. Lol
Ha ha ha ha [emoji40]

the last lab willing to accept gear for testing also offered me testing for bacteria

they can do this if you find a place

I filter all through whatman 0.22um

So how you filter all your gear...suck it out with a big ass syringe. ..filter it...then put it back in the vial?

I tested PEP and found some empirical evidence of contamination but it was low level. It is difficult to determine the level of contamination and the dangers of such contaminants. The use of bacteriostatics like benzyl alcohol prohibits growth of cultures and the sealed vial is not the best environment for bacteria. That being said it is entirely possible to have a low level pathogenic contamination that will cause an infection. I honestly believe that most infections come from poor injection techniques.

PI - hit up Lightspan on this, or wait for him to see this thread and reply. He has been really busy with work lately, but he is usually on later and/or the weekends.
He had some good thoughts/insight on this - I think it was in a PM, although it may have been somewhere in a thread as well.

Make sure you pick one that has high enough magnification, see observing bacteria under the light microscope:
Code:
http://www.microbehunter.com/observing-bacteria-under-the-light-microscope/

So how you filter all your gear...suck it out with a big ass syringe. ..filter it...then put it back in the vial?
Filter it INTO the vial, with syringe filters..

.22 is too small not necessary ..
If a source tells you he uses a .22, he's probably lying ..It takes too long
unless you use a Nalgene but then you have to transfer into vials...

I would rather filter straight into the vial..
.5% BA will kill any bacteria, in less than a week.. that's with adding bacteria, into the vial..
No one will hopefully do that.. Purposely

using 2% will work better

I tested PEP and found some empirical evidence of contamination but it was low level. It is difficult to determine the level of contamination and the dangers of such contaminants. The use of bacteriostatics like benzyl alcohol prohibits growth of cultures and the sealed vial is not the best environment for bacteria. That being said it is entirely possible to have a low level pathogenic contamination that will cause an infection. I honestly believe that most infections come from poor injection techniques.
For someone to get infected from gear, it's
either bad injection practice.. needle brushing something.. not wiping area...
or it's just Piss Poor brewing practices ... Usually from too much volume
not being handled correctly

I filter all into new sterile empty vials. You can't filter what's left in the original vials, so, you are recontaminating the substance when you put in back in the original vial. A little more expense, but I sleep better at night with this practice.

this is the one I had in mind.

That 4x digital zoom is probably going to be pretty shitty.

9HsnKk3.png

From the owners manual:
iNFWVgq.png