• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Testosterone Patch, BBC why do you like it? Anyone else use it?

Eventually, I'll get around to it. But I'm not too enthusiastic about having something glued to my skin all day. OTOH, if I were having problems getting other TRT protocols to work right, I'd be in a bigger hurry to try it.

Pros:
Steady T levels and subsequent minimal and steady E2 response.
Ease of use - rotate application sites to avoid skin irritation.

Cons:
If your Free T requirements are high, the patch might not be able to get you there. It can only get your Total T into the 500s/600s. IIRC.

You're wearing a patch stuck to your skin and all the inconvenience issues that come along with it. Like if you go to the gym and need to shower afterwards.

Last edited:
If yur talkin to me, I am not sure where you got the notion. I think a PATCH is the best thing since sliced bread and ESPECIALLY AS COMPARED TO CREAMS... I just cant get them cause my insurance has made me a BITCH....

But I am not sure where you interpreted that. I think they may have a better effective application than CYP injectible when you consider the REAL rate of poor injection technique and principle that occurs....

I also think it would be an awsome experiment to take a test only BB and give him enough patches to compare to his normal 400-800mg workout protocol and see how they stack up.... I wager the average fit athelete would need only 75% of the injectivble dose and may only complain due to the loss of his usual E2 bloat - Figuratively and not so realistically speaking......:)

Last edited:
Did the patch for about 6 mts. It was good at first but eventually caused skin irritation even with site rotation . More of a pain in the ass than gel. But not as much as the Pin. lol

Did the patch for about 6 mts. It was good at first but eventually caused skin irritation even with site rotation . More of a pain in the ass than gel. But not as much as the Pin. lol

Yeah, but you were using the patch as a sublingual. [:eek:)]

Yeah, but you were using the patch as a sublingual. [:eek:)]

Not he best version Ive ever heard but still.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfydfBXlByk]Sly & The Family Stone (I Wanna Take You Higher) - YouTube[/ame]

I know the feeling.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaK9TtoAB8k&feature=related]Dr John "I Been Hoodood" - YouTube[/ame]

I dont know if you have ever seen a patch, or used one. I have not used one but seen one brand. THEY STICK LIKE A BASTARD FROM HELL. And who gives a shit about whats planted on your hip in the shower. But the one I saw you AINT getting off without a prybar. LOL. And confrimed by the user. FYI, if they made nicotine patches like this they might actually work.....

Eventually, I'll get around to it. But I'm not too enthusiastic about having something glued to my skin all day. OTOH, if I were having problems getting other TRT protocols to work right, I'd be in a bigger hurry to try it.

Pros:

Cons:
If your Free T requirements are high, the patch might not be able to get you there. It can only get your Total T into the 500s/600s. IIRC.

You're wearing a patch stuck to your skin and all the inconvenience issues that come along with it. Like if you go to the gym and need to shower afterwards.

Seen, not used.

Some guys wouldnt want to play 20-questions after been seen in the shower/locker with a patch on their skin.

Glue that's too strong is just about the opposite end of the same problem as glue that's too weak, do you think?

Lol yeah its not the best to have something glued to your skin. I agree.

But the delivery is fairly steady and consistent which is good. And less chance of screwing up the dose bc the patch does it for you.

Yeah the gym issue is a bitch for sure.

Pros:

Cons:

If yur talkin to me, I am not sure where you got the notion. I think a PATCH is the best thing since sliced bread and ESPECIALLY AS COMPARED TO CREAMS... I just cant get them cause my insurance has made me a BITCH....

Yeah, I was talking to you... I've seen in several posts where you seem to like the patch. Why is it the best thing since sliced bread? :confused: That's what im asking :p

I dont know if you have ever seen a patch, or used one. I have not used one but seen one brand. THEY STICK LIKE A BASTARD FROM HELL. And who gives a shit about whats planted on your hip in the shower. But the one I saw you AINT getting off without a prybar. LOL. And confrimed by the user. FYI, if they made nicotine patches like this they might actually work.....

The way I see it, if someone uses a patch, they would shower in the morning, then put the patch on.

Even if I went to the gym in the evening, id probably refrain from showering with the patch on.

I'd just goto bed stinky :p

Of course in the summer the patch might be annoying bc sometimes its so hot and its nice to shower multiple times per day. At least with the gels, after it is fully absorbed you can shower to your hearts content. Testim absorbs faster than Androgel.

I believe every delivery method has it's pros and cons.

Gels?
Transferrance to gf/wife/lover
Where to apply it? Absorption rates vary

Shots?
Peaks and valleys
Estrogen issues, need AI
No DHT boost like gels which helps with libido (pretty important!)

Patch?
Skin irritation
Keeping patch ON when it's hot/sticky/sweaty

Pellets?
Intrusive operation
No control over it after pellets are inserted

So all systems have issues...... :confused:

Last edited:
Seen, not used.

Some guys wouldnt want to play 20-questions after been seen in the shower/locker with a patch on their skin.

Glue that's too strong is just about the opposite end of the same problem as glue that's too weak, do you think?

Where is one supposed to put it? Lower back? Hip? I assume non-hairy area...

If you want a steady state with minimal E2 and Hematocrit than pellets are the way to go imo. I never did the patch, but did gels and my levels were all over the place with E2 up to 95 and high hematocrit.
I had 12 pellets injected in December and 4 weeks after injection my total T was 920 and E2 was down to 62
12 weeks after pellets total T was 650 and E2 30 and hematocrit 47
I have not had number that good ever on gels.
I will get tested again at 16 weeks.
Doctor says he won't implant pellets until I'm under 600, but I won't bother until I'm under 500.
It looks like for me, every 4 months will do the trick. I don't mind 3 times a year having pellets injected under my skin.

I......M......H........O...:

Steady delivery is the best and only way to fly. The patch achieves this WITHOUT OVERKILLING AT ANY POINT far surpassing any other means with regard to this. Not even pellets can deliver this steady, and are a steady downhill decent into "lowsville" again. With patches, you are still re-applying on a daily basis, yet it is an all day delivery. The only negative I forcast is the potential to put it in a place where it may get rubbed or pressed incidentally by circumstance. Thus accidentally causing increases in output...

Steady delivery mimics the body's supply curve. I posted/commented on a thread with study proving supply in males does not vary throughout the day. With men, there is no change really from day to day in DEMANDED USAGE, unless someone is making extreme conscious change in routine and diet. INFLUXES in SERUM COUNT in the morning appear to be the result of overnight LACK OF USE, and not increased supply during the AM. The absurdity of the existing notion is proved by the fact that testosterone is a hormone which services human metabolic action. No one runs a mile in their sleep.

The proof of steady delivery as the most optimal in middle aged "Low-T Males" is in the fact that they report the fewest problems, and probably THINK they get the least results. This is due to no EXCESS Exogenous TT ever changing conditions dramatically. Proof is also due to NO excess TT ever contributing to elevated estrogen action, which is the most likely explanation for any noticeable physical response in sedentary, middle aged, obese males. It not like they had a stockpile of muscle just waiting on some TT to reveal its self. So we are more likely to hear this reported in LowT's using creams or cyp injectible - I would suspect. "Man, I'm swollen up like a balloon.. This TRT is good shit"... LOL - I'll bet they are.....

Finally, look at all the threads. You just dont see a whole lot of issues reported with patch users. They simply are not here.... Of course, considering the price, and I dont know how it stacks up to gels, but I dont think docs are writing them readily cause I suspect they dont want to piss off BC/BDaddy.... LOL....

Just IMO. You asked....

Still I would love to get feedback from one who could afford to "double-down" on a patch run - so to speak.. I suspect BB'ing juicers would say that aint that bad. but the truth is that Middle Aged Low T's would say "Sweet Lord, get these off my ass. I am crying like a woman and got titties to match!!" Cause there would never be a lull in the oversupply thus feeding their inherent estrogen principles. Essentially, If one had enough patches to effectively deliver 20mgs per day, I suspect it would be as effective (form the problematic standpoint) as 450- 600mgs per week given a few months steady, Due to the inherent issues with Tcyp Depot application failures that are, and thus having a somewhat of a "protective" action in some ways..... Overnight Titties indeed....;):D

Yeah, I was talking to you... I've seen in several posts where you seem to like the patch. Why is it the best thing since sliced bread? :confused: That's what im asking :p

Last edited:
If you want a steady state with minimal E2 and Hematocrit than pellets are the way to go imo. I never did the patch, but did gels and my levels were all over the place with E2 up to 95 and high hematocrit.
I had 12 pellets injected in December and 4 weeks after injection my total T was 920 and E2 was down to 62
12 weeks after pellets total T was 650 and E2 30 and hematocrit 47
I have not had number that good ever on gels.
I will get tested again at 16 weeks.
Doctor says he won't implant pellets until I'm under 600, but I won't bother until I'm under 500.
It looks like for me, every 4 months will do the trick. I don't mind 3 times a year having pellets injected under my skin.

Not offered in my country.

Cool thnx for your response. Makes sense to me.

I think alot of guys are concerned with the asthetic issue of wearing a patch, but thats a very moot point imho.

Demermitis has also been reported but I assume if you rotate sites everyday, this should be avoided. Lower back right side. Lower back left side. Right hip. Left hip. Upper arm, left. Upper arm right. And repeat. I dont see skin issues being a problem....

I......M......H........O...:

Steady delivery is the best and only way to fly. The patch achieves this WITHOUT OVERKILLING AT ANY POINT far surpassing any other means with regard to this. Not even pellets can deliver this steady, and are a steady downhill decent into "lowsville" again. With patches, you are still re-applying on a daily basis, yet it is an all day delivery. The only negative I forcast is the potential to put it in a place where it may get rubbed or pressed incidentally by circumstance. Thus accidentally causing increases in output...

Steady delivery mimics the body's supply curve. I posted/commented on a thread with study proving supply in males does not vary throughout the day. With men, there is no change really from day to day in DEMANDED USAGE, unless someone is making extreme conscious change in routine and diet. INFLUXES in SERUM COUNT in the morning appear to be the result of overnight LACK OF USE, and not increased supply during the AM. The absurdity of the existing notion is proved by the fact that testosterone is a hormone which services human metabolic action. No one runs a mile in their sleep.