the brew kit

No I don't know or pretend to know that level cyber security. You just seem to be very interested in looking into the problem for tge brew kit. Dont you agree?

Conjecture - These are basic security mechanisms, don't you agree?
You have to remember alot of people are not familiar with what all needed for internet security. @thebrewkit did not even realize that he should be using a vpn, tor or even that he should use exif stripper. Its sad when the buyers take security more seriously than the seller.

No I don't know or pretend to know that level cyber security. You just seem to be very interested in looking into the problem for tge brew kit. Dont you agree?

Completely, believe me. I just don’t like seeing someone kicked to the ground if no solid proof is supplied. Security is kind of my thing so naturally I’m going to pipe up when I see it. Lol. I went through the security threads on the forum and there really isn’t enough good information. I feel like there should be kind of a How To, as Anonymous has on their home page, for every user to read Before they are given an account on the forum.

Completely, believe me. I just don’t like seeing someone kicked to the ground if no solid proof is supplied. Security is kind of my thing so naturally I’m going to pipe up when I see it. Lol. I went through the security threads on the forum and there really isn’t enough good information. I feel like there should be kind of a How To, as Anonymous has on their home page, for every user to read Before they are given an account on the forum.
I think that's a great idea. Maybe a sticky in that section. You seem very informative, would be great if you could contribute that for us. I completely understand if it's to much work. I'm not telling you to do It but rather inviting the idea.

So what are you truly trying to gain here. Are you working out a deal with the op? Maybe freebies for security protocol?

You have to remember alot of people are not familiar with what all needed for internet security. @thebrewkit did not even realize that he should be using a vpn, tor or even that he should use exif stripper. Its sad when the buyers take security more seriously than the seller.

Like I said, doesn’t the forum strip Exif when images are posted? Check the images that have been posted here and the Exif title should be ‘Error | MESO-Rex Forum.’ This may be new after the forum update a week or so ago so I can’t say for old images.

Like I said, doesn’t the forum strip Exif when images are posted? Check the images that have been posted here and the Exif title should be ‘Error | MESO-Rex Forum.’ This may be new after the forum update a week or so ago so I can’t say for old images.
You shouldn' have to rely on the forum to strip data off pics for you. It' one owns responibility to make sure that he protects himself and his family. It seems that by you helping or offering help means you have something vested or looking for some kind of "hook-up"

I truly hope your intentions are for the betterment of the members, not sources

So what are you truly trying to gain here. Are you working out a deal with the op? Maybe freebies for security protocol?

Just trying to sort the problem out to see if the source really is a liability, or if he’s just getting a bad wrap. I mean, if I could post the account details page of a member here, would you consider him compromised? Not knowing if it’s fake or not would you maintain your ignorance (not you specifically but just in general) and cry wolf?

I have read several threads on here of sources sending out news letters, maintaining shipping and tracking information, running web sites in countries that are just asking to be seized, posting member info in threads, posting payment / shipping and arrival dates, and even pictures of the damn packaging. Some of those are frightening...

You shouldn' have to rely on the forum to strip data off pics for you. It' one owns responibility to make sure that he protects himself and his family. It seems that by you helping or offering help means you have something vested or looking for some kind of "hook-up"

I truly hope your intentions are for the betterment of the members, not sources

To behonest, sources come and go. Members stick around. This is for you, not me.

I think that's a great idea. Maybe a sticky in that section. You seem very informative, would be great if you could contribute that for us. I completely understand if it's to much work. I'm not telling you to do It but rather inviting the idea.

It would be my pleasure. I’m sure I have one I wrote up for other reasons around here, so I’ll modify it for this forums purpose and post it up.

does Meso maintain access and error logs within its IIS? That would be a liability if so. I’m hoping for the sake of those people who don’t know to use obfuscation services that the site does not maintain any logs at all.

Maybe @Millard Baker can shed some light on this one?

IP addresses are logged at the server level (IIS) for troubleshooting purposes only; they are deleted within 30 days.

The type of logs collected are known as system logs and are not correlated with user data. They are maintained solely for troubleshooting.

MESO has the option of disabling these logs. But my web host has strongly advised against it.

By all means continue encouraging members to use VPNs, TOR, etc.

Just trying to sort the problem out to see if the source really is a liability, or if he’s just getting a bad wrap. I mean, if I could post the account details page of a member here, would you consider him compromised? Not knowing if it’s fake or not would you maintain your ignorance (not you specifically but just in general) and cry wolf?

I have read several threads on here of sources sending out news letters, maintaining shipping and tracking information, running web sites in countries that are just asking to be seized, posting member info in threads, posting payment / shipping and arrival dates, and even pictures of the damn packaging. Some of those are frightening...
If a source does not take the time to even google how people get caught selling on the internet than he is a liability. What other sources do have nothing to do with what he does. Its pointless to say okay he does not know about security but that guy over there has a log on you. Until you have had your freedom taken from you and miss out on holidays, birthdays and funerals you will never be able to understand just how important security is.

IP addresses are logged at the server level (IIS) for troubleshooting purposes only; they are deleted within 30 days.

The type of logs collected are known as system logs and are not correlated with user data. They are maintained solely for troubleshooting.

MESO has the option of disabling these logs. But my web host has strongly advised against it.

By all means continue encouraging members to use VPNs, TOR, etc.

Thank you very much. I would recommend removing access logs. For our sake and yours. Any retention could lead to lengthy subpoena processes and hefty legal fees. But that’s just my opinion.

If a source does not take the time to even google how people get caught selling on the internet than he is a liability. What other sources do have nothing to do with what he does. Its pointless to say okay he does not know about security but that guy over there has a log on you. Until you have had your freedom taken from you and miss out on holidays, birthdays and funerals you will never be able to understand just how important security is.

Lol. Don’t get your panties in a bunch, you see that I’m pointing out members security issues as well as sources - right? Anyone on this forum could potentially screw it up for everyone else, so you do you and don’t get locked up again. I’m sure Jamal misses you though.

Here's a few of the chain I was able to dig up. If u notice the first one was sent to NextDayRaws but the response I got was from NextDayRaw- no "S"

20180212_162517.jpg 20180212_162446.jpg 20180212_162424.jpg 20180212_162335.jpg 20180212_162358.jpg

Lol. Don’t get your panties in a bunch, you see that I’m pointing out members security issues as well as sources - right? Anyone on this forum could potentially screw it up for everyone else, so you do you and don’t get locked up again. I’m sure Jamal misses you though.
First off lose your attitude I havent disrepected you (yet) but why don't you go ahead and answer to why you are trying so hard to minimilize this sources security issues. Why is it that out of your 40 posts 21 of them are in this thread and none of your other posts speak about security at all. You come in here claiming that he was probably reverse scammed by two members. What is your real motive here? Are you a paid shill or just a shill?

First off lose your attitude I havent disrepected you (yet) but why don't you go ahead and answer to why you are trying so hard to minimilize this sources security issues. Why is it that out of your 40 posts 21 of them are in this thread and none of your other posts speak about security at all. You come in here claiming that he was probably reverse scammed by two members. What is your real motive here? Are you a paid shill or just a shill?

I go where my interests are, don’t you? I saw security problems so I came here, why are you here? For the lulz or do you have something constructive to say?