Trans guy

5footsomething

I’m a 24 year old trans guy living in Australia. Started transitioning from female to male 4 years ago now. I get my Reandron1000 testosterone shot once every 10 weeks to ideally maintain the level of your average male. Bc there’s such a distant between shots I do really feel the drop off towards the end of the 10 weeks when I’m due for another one. Physically and emotionally.

My doctors are pretty clueless when it comes to testing and knowing where everything should be, as for most, I’m their first trans patient. I get my test prescribed from my GP but he has to call Medicare to get approval. For whatever reason Medicare doesn’t approve testosterone for HRT for transgender people and my endocrinologist had to write in my notes I am a cisgendered (born male) guy who has a testicular disorder therefore needs TRT. Im only ever given one repeat at a time and they track them very closely. They’re only supposed to be administered by a nurse and they’re very specific about sticking with one doctor so if he’s all booked up, it’s hard to get in elsewhere which can throw off my dates, so I’ve started getting the needles myself and having someone do it for me at home.

I’ve had no problem so far in getting my testosterone prescribed but it does worry me that my doctors don’t seem that educated so I’d like to learn what I can on my own so im not entirely dependent on them. Am also considering a second source of testosterone for any worst case scenarios where I couldn’t get my own.

I’d eventually like to start taking test in between my scheduled shots through my GP to put on more mass. But would want to be careful of my doctor noticing my test obviously being higher and pushing my shots further apart. So was just wanting some tips on things I’d have to keep an eye on and have regularly tested or anything else I’d have to take along with my test

Eager to learn and do everything right so any help would be appreciated, cheers

I’m a 24 year old trans guy living in Australia. Started transitioning from female to male 4 years ago now. I get my Reandron1000 testosterone shot once every 10 weeks to ideally maintain the level of your average male. Bc there’s such a distant between shots I do really feel the drop off towards the end of the 10 weeks when I’m due for another one. Physically and emotionally.

My doctors are pretty clueless when it comes to testing and knowing where everything should be, as for most, I’m their first trans patient. I get my test prescribed from my GP but he has to call Medicare to get approval. For whatever reason Medicare doesn’t approve testosterone for HRT for transgender people and my endocrinologist had to write in my notes I am a cisgendered (born male) guy who has a testicular disorder therefore needs TRT. Im only ever given one repeat at a time and they track them very closely. They’re only supposed to be administered by a nurse and they’re very specific about sticking with one doctor so if he’s all booked up, it’s hard to get in elsewhere which can throw off my dates, so I’ve started getting the needles myself and having someone do it for me at home.

I’ve had no problem so far in getting my testosterone prescribed but it does worry me that my doctors don’t seem that educated so I’d like to learn what I can on my own so im not entirely dependent on them. Am also considering a second source of testosterone for any worst case scenarios where I couldn’t get my own.

I’d eventually like to start taking test in between my scheduled shots through my GP to put on more mass. But would want to be careful of my doctor noticing my test obviously being higher and pushing my shots further apart. So was just wanting some tips on things I’d have to keep an eye on and have regularly tested or anything else I’d have to take along with my test

Eager to learn and do everything right so any help would be appreciated, cheers

If I understand correctly, you started pinning yourself and are now following a more appropriate administration schedule? If you want to "blast", certainly don't use TestU to do so - use a shorter ester like E or C. But I'd advise against cycling, honestly.

10 weeks between pin's is really long, that should basically count as malpractice. Who's the physician that's actually managing your hormone therapy; the GP or the endo?

It basically is orally availiable DHT.... IF you need pure non-toxic androgenic effects (which bbers dont need that much), its your best bet. But, I must also warn you...if you are experiencing male pattern baldness...its gonna speed it up.

It basically is orally availiable DHT.... IF you need pure non-toxic androgenic effects (which bbers dont need that much), its your best bet. But, I must also warn you...if you are experiencing male pattern baldness...its gonna speed it up.

Yeah but I’m sure there’s some minor differences. Is proviron a bit more androgenic?

If your doing your own shots now, I'd suggest making only small changes to get the desired feeling/effect you want.

I'd start with taking 2 500mg shots and 5wks instead of 1 1000mg shot every 10wks. Or u can divide it up into 4 shot if u want. It'll maintain the same dosage but will keep you more even and avoid the feeling u get when you're ready for you 10wk shot.

That seems the safest thing to try first

If I understand correctly, you started pinning yourself and are now following a more appropriate administration schedule? If you want to "blast", certainly don't use TestU to do so - use a shorter ester like E or C. But I'd advise against cycling, honestly.

10 weeks between pin's is really long, that should basically count as malpractice. Who's the physician that's actually managing your hormone therapy; the GP or the endo?
I see a regular gp but under guidance of my endo. I still pin myself every 10 weeks so I can get it on the correct date, it’s just easier than depending on whether I can get in with my usual doctor.

The testosterone I take is Undeconate so it’s a slow release with a long ester. The prescribed times for test are 12 - 15 weeks but bc I was really feeling the drop in those last two weeks my shot was moved to every 10. But the doctor who gave me that time frame has moved so my GP now thinks that’s too close together bc the instructions she has from my endo say 12 - 15 and she doesn’t have any experience or knowledge to know any different.

If I were to cycle I was going to take something with a short ester like Test E in between my prescribed shots as they have a longer ester. so 1000mg every 10 weeks and maybe 250 every or every other week until im due for my next 10 week shot. I’m not sure if that even works or how that’d work together

If your doing your own shots now, I'd suggest making only small changes to get the desired feeling/effect you want.

I'd start with taking 2 500mg shots and 5wks instead of 1 1000mg shot every 10wks. Or u can divide it up into 4 shot if u want. It'll maintain the same dosage but will keep you more even and avoid the feeling u get when you're ready for you 10wk shot.

That seems the safest thing to try first
Because my shot is supposed to be a single administration, is it safe to use the same vial for multiple shots?

Because my shot is supposed to be a single administration, is it safe to use the same vial for multiple shots?
Yes you can use same vial for each shot, it has a rubber puncturable stopper?

Also steroidplotter . Com is a tool to show the peaks and vallies of aas, you can use it to see the difference of what 1x shot per 4 weeks vs 4 shots at 1/4 of the dose per week is. It will be more constant.

I
Yes you can use same vial for each shot, it has a rubber puncturable stopper?

Also steroidplotter . Com is a tool to show the peaks and vallies of aas, you can use it to see the difference of what 1x shot per 4 weeks vs 4 shots at 1/4 of the dose per week is. It will be more constant.
ill Check it out, thank you! That’s super helpful

I’m happy but it doesn’t sound like you are considering you’re butthurt about an anonymous on an online forum. Maybe you should get your hormones checked and find a therapist, you sound a little emotional.

Play around with this plotter. It only does 10 weeks max on injection frequency, which is what you're doing so it should work perfect. I played
With it a little. As long as they don't test your test levels until your next 10 wk inject, you could get away with Injecting say 100mg of test cypionate every 3.5 days ( twice a week) right after your test u injection. If you want to add mass you can even up the dose to say 200mg 2x a week.
Inject the test cypionate for 7 weeks then stop. After your apt and next 1000mg test u injection start back up.
Stop at 7 wks because you'll need that time for the test cypionate to clear your system.

Last edited:
Just remember you're a biological girl so I have no idea what type of side effects you're gonna have to deal with, other then enlarged clit, and stuff you probably already want except balding. Check out the female section in this forum. Maybe post the same question there as well.

Also Australia can be a little more difficult getting ugl stuff. Once you have access to the underground start researching. I believe you can view the section just not comment or ask questions until you reach member status.

Yeah I’ve been on testosterone for 4 years now so I know all the sides. Everything’s normal and on track atm. By increasing my dosage and taking test in between my 10 weeks shots is there anything else I’d have to take for on cycle support or PCT? I obviously don’t have to worry about production of natural testosterone as I’d continue getting my regular shots but anything else I need to worry about?