Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

Feds tapped Trump lawyer Michael Cohen's phones

At least one phone call between a phone line associated with Cohen and the White House was intercepted, a source said.

Federal investigators have wiretapped the phone lines of Michael Cohen, the longtime personal lawyer for President Donald Trump who is under investigation for a payment he made to an adult film star who alleged she had an affair with Trump, according to two people with knowledge of the legal proceedings involving Cohen.

It is not clear how long the wiretap has been authorized, but NBC News has learned it was in place in the weeks leading up to the raids on Cohen's offices, hotel room, and home in early April, according to one person with direct knowledge.

At least one phone call between a phone line associated with Cohen and the White House was intercepted, the person said.

Previously, federal prosecutors in New York have said in court filings that they have conducted covert searches on multiple e-mail accounts maintained by Cohen.

Spokespeople for the U.S. Attorney's Office and the FBI in New York declined comment.

After the raid, members of Trump's legal team advised the president not to speak to Cohen, according to a person familiar with the discussion.

Two sources close to Trump's newest attorney, Rudolph Giuliani, say he learned that days after the raid the president had made a call to Cohen, and told Trump never to call again out of concern the call was being recorded by prosecutors.

A former director of the CIA and NSA said Wednesday that hysteria in Texas over a 2015 U.S. military training exercise called Jade Helm was fueled by Russians wanting to dominate “the information space,” and that Texas Gov. Greg Abbott's decision to send the Texas State Guard to monitor the operation gave them proof of the power of such misinformation campaigns.

Michael Hayden, speaking on https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/msnbc-morning-joe/e/54320967, chalked up peoples’ fear over Jade Helm 15 to “Russian bots and the American alt-right media [that] convinced many Texans [Jade Helm] was an Obama plan to round up political dissidents.”

Abbott ordered the State Guard to monitor the federal exercise soon after news broke of the operation. Hayden said that move gave Russians the go-ahead to continue — and possibly expand — their efforts to spread fear.

“At that point, I’m figuring the Russians are saying, ‘We can go big time,’” Hayden said of Abbott's response. “At that point, I think they made the decision, ‘We’re going to play in the electoral process.’”

AYATOLLAH THANOS
https://claytoonz.com/2018/05/04/ayatollah-thanos/

Did Thanos kill you? Did Thanos Kill You?

Warning: This cartoon may contain spoilers. What? You already read it? Sorry.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu made a presentation this week claiming that his nation’s intelligence network has lifted documents proving Iran has lied about its ability to build a nuclear weapon. The problem with his presentation is that we already know that.

Yeah, Iran lied, but the international community took that into account when it negotiated the deal with Iran that prevents it from building a nuclear weapon. If anything, Netanyahu gave further reasons for Donald Trump not to pull the United States out of the deal. If Iran has the technology and knowledge to build a nuclear weapon, then why kill a deal they haven’t violated that prevents them from building a weapon?

The International Atomic Energy Agency issued a statement this week saying Iran hasn’t been active since 2009 in developing a nuclear weapon. U.S. intelligence, which Trump ignores, agrees. The problem here is that proven-liar Trump listens to other proven liars like Netanyahu, Sean Hannity, and Fox & Friends.

The only reason Trump wants to kill the Iran deal is because it undoes Obama’s legacy. Trump is clamoring for a Nobel Peace Prize because Kim Jong Un has winked at him, but calls a deal that actually prevents a rogue nation from building nukes stupid.

Netanyahu made his presentation for an audience of one, Donald Trump. He hates Obama almost as much as Trump does. The hatred for them lies with the fact that Obama is smarter, better looking, more accomplished, more popular, and just an all-around better human being than those two men combined, and it eats at them daily.

Have you seen Avengers Infinity War? Normally I wouldn’t have seen a movie the weekend it came out. But on Saturday friends dragged me out to see Black Panther figuring it’d be nearly empty with everyone else at Infinity War. One of my friends has a history of dragging his ass and he continued the tradition by making us late to Black Panther, so we went to see Infinity War. Somehow on short notice, we got in.

Shout out: My friend and former colleague at The Free Lance-Star, Dave Ellis, posted the Thanos link on Facebook. It gave me this cartoon idea. If anything, me spoiling the movie for you is Dave’s fault. That bastard. I can give you his number if you wanna yell at him.

cjones05082018.jpg

Stay Tuned ...

President Donald Trump only recently found out that he reimbursed his personal attorney, Michael Cohen, for a $130,000 nondisclosure agreement with adult performer Stormy Daniels just days before the 2016 election, his lawyer Rudy Giuliani claimed Thursday.

In a telephone interview with NBC News, Giuliani insisted he only shared details of the payment with Trump about a week ago.

“I don't think the president realized he paid him (Cohen) back for that specific thing until we (his legal team) made him aware of the paperwork,” he said.

Giuliani said the president responded, "‘Oh my goodness, I guess that's what it was for.’”