Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

So Trump says he won't accept a salary and it turns out it's technically the law that he receives the salary so he plans to give it away? What's the problem here that I am missing?
Trump was correct in stating that U.S. law requires he receive payment. The U.S. Constitution states, in Article 2, Section 1 that "The President shall, at stated times, receive for his services, a compensation, which shall neither be increased nor diminished during the period for which he shall have been elected, and he shall not receive within that period any other emolument from the United States, or any of them."

So Trump says he won't accept a salary and it turns out it's technically the law that he receives the salary so he plans to give it away? What's the problem here that I am missing?
Trump was correct in stating that U.S. law requires he receive payment. The U.S. Constitution states, in Article 2, Section 1 that "The President shall, at stated times, receive for his services, a compensation, which shall neither be increased nor diminished during the period for which he shall have been elected, and he shall not receive within that period any other emolument from the United States, or any of them."

Nothing is really wrong with it. I just found it funny he said he would only take a $1 salary while campaigning, now he's taking the whole salary and going to donate it... Which I find tremendously unlikely considering he's not nearly as generous as he wants you to think he is.

Although, maybe if the "corrupt" media pushes him hard enough like they did last time he'll donate.

Nothing is really wrong with it. I just found it funny he said he would only take a $1 salary while campaigning, now he's taking the whole salary and going to donate it... Which I find tremendously unlikely considering he's not nearly as generous as he wants you to think he is.

Although, maybe if the "corrupt" media pushes him hard enough like they did last time he'll donate.
$145k tax write off for donating salary.
Spicer said Trump would let the media choose the charity at the daily briefing yesterday. Lol

Spicer said Trump would let the media choose the charity at the daily briefing yesterday. Lol
If that's how the law is, is that his fault? I suppose you forego tax write offs/credits to help out?

So what do you suggest he does with the money? By law he has no choice and must receive the salary every month.

If that's how the law is, is that his fault? I suppose you forego tax write offs/credits to help out?
If he takes the dollar as originally stated as opposed to the $400k salary. no $145k write off. That was my point. Guess I didn't explain well enough. 1000 apologies

If he takes the dollar as originally stated as opposed to the $400k salary. no $145k write off. That was my point. Guess I didn't explain well enough. 1000 apologies
By law he can't accept a salary higher or lower and must receive the full amount every month. It's not that you didn't explain well enough it's more that you don't know the law.

By law he can't accept a salary higher or lower and must receive the full amount every month. It's not that you didn't explain well enough it's more that you don't know the law.
Minuscule and smokescreen. The amount of money he just made with 31 trademarks and China is valued over half billion next five years. The Kushner family just from the same Chinese profited over $400 million in one transaction.his salary is Minuscule and smokescreen that's why were talking about it