Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

There is enough circumstantial evidence to conclude there is something fishy pertaining to a few in his campaign that I agree with. Still not enough to proclaim anything as fact which is what gets done in this thread quite often. I don't have any issue with Trump or his team being investigated considering what happened in regards to russian interference. I personally would like to know everything that may have happened and who was involved regardless of who it is. I just don't like the posts of people spouting off like someone's guilt is already proved when it's clear that's not the case. I don't say someone is innocent or guilty because I don't know and neither does anyone else. I just hope Trump doesn't turn up to be involved because I really like being right and hate being wrong ;)

I think you and I see eye to eye but we're just on opposite sides of the spectrum. I very much enjoy our dialogues here even if we are on opposite sides of an issue. Should we meet in person I would shake your hand and buy you a beer lol.

I think you and I see eye to eye but we're just on opposite sides of the spectrum. I very much enjoy our dialogues here even if we are on opposite sides of an issue. Should we meet in person I would shake your hand and buy you a beer lol.
IMO He is the best debater on the trump side. You are the best on the anti trump side. I enjoy reading both of your points, comments, and arguments.

THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY IS ALREADY A JOKE
The Trump Presidency Is Already a Joke

It can reasonably be said that our dear leader is now the most ridiculed man on the planet. In fact, he may well be the most ridiculed man in history. For a preening narcissist who takes himself terribly seriously, being the butt of the joke heard round the world has got to hurt.

The handpicked assortment of craven nitwits and supplicants that he has surrounded himself with have valiantly tried to insulate him from the derision. But they’re only human.

Your heart has to go out to the ones doing the heavy lifting: banty Sean Spicer, the M. C. Escher of the English language, and Kellyanne Conway, the president’s temperament fluffer. (Look away from CNN, Mr. President. There’s something shiny and bright over there!)

Engaging as it is to watch these overworked mouthpieces, I fear their days must be numbered. Comments about microwaves that turn into spy cameras and what should be understood when the president puts words in quotation marks are having minimal effect in reducing the scorn heaped upon their boss.

Hats off to them for their tenacity, but no amount of spin is going to change the fact that the Trump White House, like the company its inhabitant has run for the past four decades, continues to be a shambolic mess.

Word. I can't keep up with politics right now. Ive got a house going up and lemme tell ya, construction loans are a sumbich. Im ecstatic though. Its taken us years and a lot of money to get to this point. Its nice to see our patience and hard work finally pay off.

WASHINGTON — Presidents usually choose their words carefully, the result of personal discipline and careful vetting by White House staff.

President Trump is an exception. In an interview with Time magazine, published on Thursday, Mr. Trump veers from topic to topic, praising himself and dismissing his critics in language that sometimes is hard to follow.

For a detailed fact-check into Mr. Trump’s assertions in this interview, see this New York Times article by Linda Qiu.

If there’s one thing that Mr. Trump hates, it is being laughed at. That is clear from this response in the Time magazine interview, when the president dismissed the critics who found humor in his pursuit of the White House.

It is also worth remembering how flustered and angry Mr. Trump appeared to be when President Barack Obama made fun of him — and made a roomful of people laugh — during the 2011 White House correspondent’s dinner. Mr. Trump has said he will not attend this year’s dinner.

No matter if the facts currently contradict him, Mr. Trump appears to have convinced himself that he will be proved correct — always — in the future.

Rules on what benefits health insurance plans must cover have become a major negotiating point as Republicans wrangle votes to repeal Obamacare, even though removing the regulations is likely to upset U.S. insurance markets.

The requirements, called Essential Health Benefits, were written into Obamacare to mandate 10 broad categories of services, including pregnancy, maternity and newborn care; hospital care; prescription drugs; mental health and substance abuse treatment; and pediatric dental and vision services.

Conservative Republicans in a group called the House Freedom Caucus have called for eliminating them in return for getting their vote for the GOP health bill. Yet health insurance experts say that doing so would undermine fundamental parts of how insurance is sold and used in the U.S., undermining some of the Affordable Care Act’s protections, raising premiums for some and resulting in uncovered care for many.

“It’s like trying to play a baseball game, but no one agrees on the rules,” said Rebekah Bayram, an actuary at Milliman Inc., a consulting firm. “Things turn to chaos pretty quickly.”

In a well-functioning insurance market, people pool their money together in the form of premiums to share risk when one of them gets sick and needs a service that’s more expensive than they could afford on their own. For example, premiums from healthy men cover maternity care for women. Premiums from healthy women cover prostate surgery for men.

[OA] Norris, Pippa. "Is Western Democracy Backsliding? Diagnosing the Risks." HKS Faculty Research Working Paper Series RWP17-012, March 2017. https://research.hks.harvard.edu/publications/workingpapers/citation.aspx?PubId=12667&type=FN&PersonId=83

The predominantly sunny end-of-history optimism about democratic progress, evident in the late-1980s and early-1990s following the fall of the Berlin Wall, has turned rapidly into a more pessimistic zeitgeist. What helps us to understand whether we have reached an inflection point—and whether even long-established European and American democracies are in danger of backsliding?

This essay draws on Juan Linz and Alfred Stepan’s Problems of Democratic Transition and Consolidation which theorizes that consolidation occurs when three conditions are met:
  • Culturally, the overwhelming majority of people believe that democracy is the best form of government, so that any further reforms reflect these values and principles.
  • Constitutionally, all the major actors and organs of the state reflect democratic norms and practices.
  • Behaviorally, no significant groups actively seek to overthrow the regime or secede from the state.
Evidence throws new light on the contemporary state of each of Linz and Stepan’s conditions in Western democracies.

Culturally the data suggests that, when compared with their parents and grandparents, Millennials in Anglo-American democracies express weaker support for democratic values, but this is not a consistent pattern across Western democracies and post-industrial societies. It is also a life-cycle rather than a generational effect.

Constitutionally, trends from estimates by Freedom House and related indicators provide no evidence that the quality of institutions protecting political rights and civil liberties deteriorated across Western democracies from 1972 to end-2016. Most losses occurred under hybrid regimes.

Behaviorally, the most serious contemporary threats to Western liberal democracies arise from twin forces that each, in different ways, seek to undermine the regime:
  • sporadic and random terrorist attacks on domestic soil, which damage feelings of security, and
  • the rise of populist-authoritarian forces, which feed parasitically upon these fears.

Word. I can't keep up with politics right now. Ive got a house going up and lemme tell ya, construction loans are a sumbich. Im ecstatic though. Its taken us years and a lot of money to get to this point. Its nice to see our patience and hard work finally pay off.

Congrats man! I bet that feels fucking amazing

Sponsors