Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

[WTFU ...]

Editor's note: In response to reader questions, we've added information from more states and on chronic diseases. We've also updated the Q&A with information on the July 13 changes to the Senate bill. Keep asking; we'll keep updating!

When covering the GOP efforts to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act, we tend to focus on the big picture: billions of cuts in Medicaid spending, say, or millions fewer people with health coverage.

But the real impacts would be felt in states, cities and towns, and they would vary a lot depending on where you live, how old you are and your particular health concerns. Reporters for NPR and NPR member stations across the country have delved into those geographic and demographic impacts; their reporting fuels this Q&A, which you can search by topic and locale.

For autocrats, angry denial is the first phase of responding to accurate charges against them. "No! Never! A complete fabrication!"

As evidence accumulates, this shifts to feigning ignorance and claiming misunderstanding, along with attempts to distract by slandering the accusers, blaming others for similar sins and discrediting the concept of knowable truth. "I didn't know it was wrong! The media is out to get me! Others have done worse! Who knows what really happened?"

When even this proves insufficient, it's time for the final step, confession. Not the kind that is said to be good for the soul, but the aggressive, defiant boasting of someone who is sure that they won't be punished in this life or the next for the crime they denied for so long. "I did it, but so what? There's nothing wrong with it! What are you going to do about it?"

After many months of denials, lies and distractions in an effort to dismiss the mounting evidence that the Trump campaign knowingly worked with Russia to win the 2016 presidential election, the Trump train is approaching the final station. What else is left after it was revealed last week that Donald Trump Jr. eagerly took a meeting on June 9, 2016, to receive supposedly damaging material about Hillary Clinton from the Russian government?

Mark Twain wrote that if you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything. Ironically, this profound phrase was tweeted by none other than Donald Trump Jr. in 2013.

The Trump team has made a full-time job of forgetting things. To be fair, it must be difficult to keep so many difficult Russian names straight, along with so many changing stories.

The next wave of revelations about collaboration between the campaign team and administration of Donald Trump and Russia will surprise only in their specifics, not their character. That treasonous nature, of collaborating with a hostile foreign power, has been exposed once and for all.

There will almost surely be more names, more meetings, more smoke and more fire, but the raw truth of collusion is now undeniable. Further evidence will decide if it's also legally actionable.

This steady drumbeat has served one useful purpose whether it leads to Trump's early departure from the presidency or not. It has exposed a class of pundits, politicians and supporters for whom nothing is too foolish, too sleazy or too un-American to defend him from. Every time you imagine the lines of good conscience cannot be drawn any lower, they slide under the bar like a subpoena slipped under an office door.

Their constant excuses for Trump's behavior are nearly as outrageous as his statements and actions.

[WTFU ...]

In a national vote widely viewed as a victory for conservatives, last year’s elections also yielded a win for liberals in eight states that legalized marijuana for medical or recreational use. But the growing industry is facing a federal crackdown under Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who has compared cannabis to heroin.

A task force Mr. Sessions appointed to, in part, review links between violent crimes and marijuana is scheduled to release its findings by the end of the month. But he has already asked https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/06/13/jeff-sessions-personally-asked-congress-to-let-him-prosecute-medical-marijuana-providers/?utm_term=.9ee27b9d00cfhttps://www.scribd.com/document/351079834/Sessions-Asks-Congress-To-Undo-Medical-Marijuana-Protections (Senate leaders) to roll back rules that block the Justice Department from bypassing state laws to enforce a federal ban on medical marijuana.

That has pitted the attorney general against members of Congress across the political spectrum — from Senator Rand Paul, Republican of Kentucky, to Senator Cory Booker, Democrat of New Jersey — who are determined to defend states’ rights and provide some certainty for the multibillion-dollar pot industry.

[WTFU ...]

In a national vote widely viewed as a victory for conservatives, last year’s elections also yielded a win for liberals in eight states that legalized marijuana for medical or recreational use. But the growing industry is facing a federal crackdown under Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who has compared cannabis to heroin.

A task force Mr. Sessions appointed to, in part, review links between violent crimes and marijuana is scheduled to release its findings by the end of the month. But he has already asked https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/06/13/jeff-sessions-personally-asked-congress-to-let-him-prosecute-medical-marijuana-providers/?utm_term=.9ee27b9d00cfhttps://www.scribd.com/document/351079834/Sessions-Asks-Congress-To-Undo-Medical-Marijuana-Protections (Senate leaders) to roll back rules that block the Justice Department from bypassing state laws to enforce a federal ban on medical marijuana.

That has pitted the attorney general against members of Congress across the political spectrum — from Senator Rand Paul, Republican of Kentucky, to Senator Cory Booker, Democrat of New Jersey — who are determined to defend states’ rights and provide some certainty for the multibillion-dollar pot industry.

Another good reason for Democrats to make a comeback in 2018 as the pot issue will start coming back to the forefront.

[WTFU ...]

I will be honest I liked it better when it was illegal I made a lot more money then.

I never minded Taking Chances that's how I made a living my entire life but I don't like to see people go to prison for marijuana that is just f****** Ludacris.

You want to curb drug use, legalize marijuana it's that simple.

[Trumpling Trumptard Trumpidiots ... Talking Point ... ROTFLMAOPIMP ...]

The U.S. Secret Service on Sunday disputed a claim made by President Donald Trump’s lawyer about the agency’s possible involvement in screening individuals present at Donald Trump Jr.’s meeting with Kremlin-connected Russians last June.

“I wonder why the Secret Service, if this was nefarious, why the Secret Service allowed these people in. The president had Secret Service protection at that point, and that raised a question with me,” Sekulow said on ABC’s This Week.

Secret Service spokesman Mason Brayman told Reuters that the younger Trump “was not a protectee of the USSS in June, 2016. Thus we would not have screened anyone he was meeting with at that time.”

The U.S. Secret Service on Sunday disputed a claim made by President Donald Trump’s lawyer about the agency’s possible involvement in screening individuals present at Donald Trump Jr.’s meeting with Kremlin-connected Russians last June.

“I wonder why the Secret Service, if this was nefarious, why the Secret Service allowed these people in. The president had Secret Service protection at that point, and that raised a question with me,” Sekulow said on ABC’s This Week.

Secret Service spokesman Mason Brayman told Reuters that the younger Trump “was not a protectee of the USSS in June, 2016. Thus we would not have screened anyone he was meeting with at that time.”

Yup another lie gets debunked by the Secret Service.

Back