Trying to find jeans that fit like they used to

Evom1

Ok guys so I've realized the style of jeans has changed DRASTICALLY over the last 15 years so I need some help.

Everything seems to either be super tight and or have a small opening at the ankle that does not even go over your shoe.

I'm trying to find something that's a normal loose fit aka not skin tight on my ass and quads and had what I guess would be considered a boot cut opening on the bottom and are decently comfortable to wear. I pretty much always wear baggy gym pants but on the rare occasions I need jeans, I've gotta have something in hand.

The closest I found was carhartt relaxed fit jeans but they're such a heavier thicker material they're just not comfortable especially when you throw a holster in there.

Levi 541 athletic stretch was recommended to me and they'd be manageable if it weren't for the fact the ankle is so damn small on them.

At 6'3 270ish this is proving the be a whole lot harder than it should be

You're a lot bigger than me, but I really like BKE Jake jeans. They have relaxed fit straight leg versions of them that have some stretch and hold up extremely well. I have been wearing the same 5 pairs of jeans for 3 years now. BKE also makes several other types of fits that you may like. They aren't too terribly expensive either.

Ok guys so I've realized the style of jeans has changed DRASTICALLY over the last 15 years so I need some help.

Everything seems to either be super tight and or have a small opening at the ankle that does not even go over your shoe.

I'm trying to find something that's a normal loose fit aka not skin tight on my ass and quads and had what I guess would be considered a boot cut opening on the bottom and are decently comfortable to wear. I pretty much always wear baggy gym pants but on the rare occasions I need jeans, I've gotta have something in hand.

The closest I found was carhartt relaxed fit jeans but they're such a heavier thicker material they're just not comfortable especially when you throw a holster in there.

Levi 541 athletic stretch was recommended to me and they'd be manageable if it weren't for the fact the ankle is so damn small on them.

At 6'3 270ish this is proving the be a whole lot harder than it should be
Lee extreme motion for jeans - extreme comfort for their slacks (pretty much same thing) they are great.

I'll check those out! The BKE look like $70+ for a pair
Yes, sir. They around $70 a pair. Not overly priced, but not cheap either. Like I was saying, though, I haven't bought new jeans in three years, so they are worth the price in my opinion.

Last year I discovered "origin Maine" brand. Joko willink (spelling?) Is the owner and was on JRE a couple times. 2 pair for $99. I'm 5ft 4 200lb, so not a stick. They are all I wear!

Bke jeans. They have a chart in store that shows opening and thigh measurements. I was in the same boat until I found these.

Well digging into the BKE brand it looks like the "Tyler" or "Seth" is the way to go.

Have you tried the Mugsy BOOTCUT jeans?
Emphasis on the BOOTCUT.
They fit great & they have stretch to them, the material is lighter weight.
Viktos Operatus XP Jean are nice as well, a bit thicker material but EDC pockets everywhere.
Some great looing options on this post, gonna check out the BKE & Origin jeans.

Last edited:
The quality of clothing today is generally terrible. The sizing is incredibly inconsistent. You need to go and try on the same pair of jeans, the same size, and sometimes at multiple stores, to figure out what's going to fit you. I don't understand how they are screwing this up so badly during the production.

That being said, I have had a lot of luck with "no name" jeans that are supposed to be cheaper quality. I can't make a recommendation, but I'll point out that you should give brands you've never heard of a chance.

The quality of clothing today is generally terrible. The sizing is incredibly inconsistent. You need to go and try on the same pair of jeans, the same size, and sometimes at multiple stores, to figure out what's going to fit you. I don't understand how they are screwing this up so badly during the production.

That being said, I have had a lot of luck with "no name" jeans that are supposed to be cheaper quality. I can't make a recommendation, but I'll point out that you should give brands you've never heard of a chance.
"No name" jeans are great, but they tend to tear apart in the crotch area faster than other branded ones.
Is tailoring an option these days? Doesn't cost much.

If you don’t feel like spending $100+ on all of the “bodybuilder jeans” I would highly suggest Izod stretch, they run about 30-40$ and fit amazing, get the regular izod stretch cut or relaxed, not the skinny ones

I would, but they're like $150
season 7 kevin GIF by Shameless

time to go make a quick buck homie

If you don’t feel like spending $100+ on all of the “bodybuilder jeans” I would highly suggest Izod stretch, they run about 30-40$ and fit amazing, get the regular izod stretch cut or relaxed, not the skinny ones
Dewd, I totally forgot about Izod.
I have 2 pair. 1st pair are perfect (idk if regular or relax, but they are great).
The 2nd pair I wasn't paying attention when I bought them, of course they were skinny jeans. I ripped the tags off, not even considering it.... so trashed them.
Why the fuck are "skinny" jeans even a thing?!?

Dewd, I totally forgot about Izod.
I have 2 pair. 1st pair are perfect (idk if regular or relax, but they are great).
The 2nd pair I wasn't paying attention when I bought them, of course they were skinny jeans. I ripped the tags off, not even considering it.... so trashed them.
Why the fuck are "skinny" jeans even a thing?!?
Because history and trends repeat themselves and everyone back in the Beatles era was wearing jeans that were tight as hell. Dudes used to wear jeans that were so tight that they would have to sit down just to pull them up and get them on, it’s nothing new, just new to us

Well BKE is a definite fail. Got a pair of them in the "Tyler" which is their relaxed fit, size up from what I'd normally wear and they're tight as fuck on my ass and legs haha would be impossible to try and squat down in these.

Interested to see if you find anything. I gave up on decent fitting jeans years ago. Sold my Levi’s off and everything. Since I put on muscle my glutes and quads make everything that fits my waist properly uncomfortable.

My waist is a 32 but I buy 36-38 pants and belt tighten. It’s the only way to fit all my trunk junk comfortably.

Izod stretch, I’m telling you guys try them. My quads are about 27-28” and waist is 33” and these jeans fit well. Just get the relaxed version, the straight leg ones still too tight even though they’re a combination of 98% denim and 2% spandex