What happened to READALOT?

Grindr, not Reddit
You guys and your fancy new apps. I'd be scared to make an account LOL.

"THROUGH me you pass into the city of woe:
Through me you pass into eternal pain:
Through me among the people lost for aye.
Justice the founder of my fabric mov'd:
To rear me was the task of power divine,
Supremest wisdom, and primeval love.
Before me things create were none, save things
Eternal, and eternal I endure.
"All hope abandon ye who enter here."

Looks suspiciously like Grindr, not Reddit.
I know it's not your thing, but maybe a mysterious redirection occurred and caught you unaware.
Lol

On a very related note, you being hot and jacked is not off topic.
WonderfulAddress is not wrong, there.
ohhhh iris your such a " go getter"! love the passion girl , your growing on me lol (with the utmost respect of course)

Good concept for folks to brush up on. Common fallacy.

In classical syllogisms, all statements consist of two terms and are in the form of "A" (all), "E" (none), "I" (some), or "O" (some not). The first term is distributed in A statements; the second is distributed in O statements; both are distributed in "E" statements, and none are distributed in I statements.

The fallacy of the undistributed middle occurs when the term that links the two premises is never distributed.

In this example, distribution is marked in boldface:

All Z is B
All Y is B
Therefore, all Y is Z
B is the common term between the two premises (the middle term) but is never distributed, so this syllogism is invalid. B would be distributed by introducing a premise which states either All B is Z, or No B is Z.

Also, a related rule of logic is that anything distributed in the conclusion must be distributed in at least one premise.

All Z is B
Some Y is Z
Therefore, all Y is B
The middle term—Z—is distributed, but Y is distributed in the conclusion and not in any premise, so this syllogism is invalid.

The fallacy of the undistributed middle takes the following form:

All Z is B
Y is B
Therefore, Y is Z

I understand probably not the most popular topic on AAS board. FYI.

Good concept for folks to brush up on. Common fallacy.

I understand probably not the most popular topic on AAS board. FYI.

All gearheads are Canadian.
Declan is Canadian.
Therefore, Declan is a gearhead.

Clever people are humorous.
Readalot is humorous.
= readalot is clever

Like that?

(Sorry, the first thing that came to mind....)

Clever people are humorous.
Readalot is humorous.
= readalot is clever
Better yet:

Bobbies serve their communities
Slags serve their communities
So bobbies are slags

Jack Sparrow Pirate GIF by MonkexNFT

Thank you. Somehow my earnest discussion on AAS product impurities and improved testing became "heavy metals". Perhaps to "straw man" or simplify the discussion? I can't be sure of the motives.

But you are right I should be more mindful in discussions here. I will try to do better.

More details in these threads

Not just "heavy metals" for the 14,569th time LOL.

I wanted to reply to this, for ages (your reply to my quick welcome back message) so here it comes, now that, for the next few days, I have all the time in the world to do it.

When I saw you post again, I could not believe it and my excited but hasty welcome back note was certainly not as obsequious as it could/should have been.
Yes, I did "go there" with the testing (having first written enhanced, I then changed it, thinking it was a more recognisable term; my bad).

Not just "heavy metals" for the 14,569th time LOL.

Indeed.

So, in a way it was a facetious "simplification", as you say.
But it was not meant in a derisory or disrespectful way, at all.
If it came across that way, considering how brief the message was, I apologise.
Obviously, though, the testing was mentioned for a reason.

I joined here and you left, so I did not get to enjoy you, first time round.
But I did come across your latest posts, at the time, and then went and read many more.
I found a cultured, curious, principled man, passionate about sharing knowledge, in general, but also about discussing harm reduction from a very specific point of view.

Everyone knows the way those discussions were conducted lead to resentment and antagonism.
Many people appreciated and supported you. Just as many were inimical.
I will stand corrected, but my overall impression was that people felt brow beaten by the way the enhanced testing agenda was used, by someone they thought had no skin in the game.

Maybe, the issue was the way it was delivered: members thought the relentless, uncompromising stance was denying space to individuals who refused its premises and were unwilling to engage with it.
Anyone homebrewing, for instance, is just as passionate and excited about it as you are about harm reduction and testing.
But I think they felt disrespected and that you used your "spiel" as a stick.
When one feels intense passion about something, it is easy to overreact or over- reach, so even the best intentions assume a different form.
I do this kind of thing too often, unfortunately.

From my point of view, although I can understand the frustration, I can also see that behind your insistence there was (is) a true passion to reach out and make a change, regardless of the judgment people have of its merits.
It is meant to benefit the community and beyond, it is not a show of empty egotism, which you were accused of.

The deep insights you brought about specific facets of the discussions on anabolics signal how important all this is to you and that it is part of who you are.
But it is not "Readalot" and you are much more than that.

There is so much about you and the big heart you have, they way you have always helped members and their issues with your vast knowledge, without judgement, often the first to intervene and show genuine interest or concern.

When I wrote testing was "old news", I certainly knew that was not the case, but I was also hoping for a renewed approach.
I know, a lol and a single sentence did not say all this.
Lol.

Everyone welcomed you back with open arms and rightly so.
You are an incredible human being and you were missed by many, myself included.
It's brilliant you are back, sharing your magnificent self with us all.

I wanted to reply to this, for ages (your reply to my quick welcome back message) so here it comes, now that, for the next few days, I have all the time in the world to do it.

When I saw you post again, I could not believe it and my excited but hasty welcome back note was certainly not as obsequious as it could/should have been.
Yes, I did "go there" with the testing (having first written enhanced, I then changed it, thinking it was a more recognisable term; my bad).

Indeed.

But I did come across your latest posts, at the time, and then went and read many more.
I found a cultured, curious, principled man, passionate about sharing knowledge, in general, but also about discussing harm reduction from a very specific point of view.

Everyone knows the way those discussions were conducted lead to resentment and antagonism.
I will stand corrected, but my overall impression was that people felt brow beaten by the way the enhanced testing agenda was used, by someone they thought had no skin in the game.

Maybe, the issue was the way it was delivered: members thought the relentless, uncompromising stance was denying space to individuals who refused its premises and were unwilling to engage with it.
Anyone homebrewing, for instance, is just as passionate and excited about it as you are about harm reduction and testing.
When one feels intense passion about something, it is easy to overreact or over- reach, so even the best intentions assume a different form.

From my point of view, although I can understand the frustration, I can also see that behind your insistence there was (is) a true passion to reach out and make a change, regardless of the judgment people have of its merits.
It is meant to benefit the community and beyond, it is not a show of empty egotism, which you were accused of.

The deep insights you brought about specific facets of the discussions on anabolics signal how important all this is to you and that it is part of who you are.

There is so much about you and the big heart you have, they way you have always helped members and their issues with your vast knowledge, without judgement, often the first to intervene and show genuine interest or concern.

When I wrote testing was "old news", I certainly knew that was not the case, but I was also hoping for a renewed approach.
Lol.

Did you type this up in between sets at the gym ?

Indeed.

Lol.

Sorry for my delay in responding to you. I appreciate the feedback and there's not much more I think I can say other than I truly appreciate the time and effort you spent to provide such a thoughtful note. I could have handled the initial onslaught of abuse quite a bit better. I'll continue to try and improve and appreciate this forum and its mission to create informed AAS users.

Thank you sincerely.

Last edited:
Back