What is your eGFR? Age? Blood pressure?

30-35 years old
87 egfr
120/80 BP
Total cholesterol 97
LDL 57
HDL 40

On 250test and 250 masteron cruise (was trying something different then usual xD)
Do you do anything in particular you think helps keep your HDL up? My HDL would be around 25 at that dose. Right now, I'm at 600t with 300d and 300m for a cycle, and it's down to 21. Total is still around 100, so not terrible. But would love to get HDL to stay higher. heart feels great though, the numbers just scare me

Do you do anything in particular you think helps keep your HDL up? My HDL would be around 25 at that dose. Right now, I'm at 600t with 300d and 300m for a cycle, and it's down to 21. Total is still around 100, so not terrible. But would love to get HDL to stay higher. heart feels great though, the numbers just scare me
No I don't, I try to eat healthy fats and a healthy diet in general but I don't take any supplements for cholesterol specifically. A lot of vitamin C around 5gr a day and vitamin D/K2 it's the only supplements I take.

No I don't, I try to eat healthy fats and a healthy diet in general but I don't take any supplements for cholesterol specifically. A lot of vitamin C around 5gr a day and vitamin D/K2 it's the only supplements I take.
care to share what got you doing the 5g a day of vitamin c? That's a lot! If I have a cold or something I'd go up to 2-3g for a few days.

care to share what got you doing the 5g a day of vitamin c? That's a lot! If I have a cold or something I'd go up to 2-3g for a few days.
My mother advocate for it, I don't see any side effect from it (except if you ramp up to fast you shit your soul for a few days ahahah) lots of research around ascorbic acid benefit for what I remember when I have researched a bit, I mix it with magnesium and take it twice a day after lunch and dinner.

My mother advocate for it, I don't see any side effect from it (except if you ramp up to fast you shit your soul for a few days ahahah) lots of research around ascorbic acid benefit for what I remember when I have researched a bit, I mix it with magnesium and take it twice a day after lunch and dinner.
Moms have the best advice. Interesting to hear that the shits would go away after you get used to it. I love my mag supps so may just need to add this in to give it a run

Moms have the best advice. Interesting to hear that the shits would go away after you get used to it. I love my mag supps so may just need to add this in to give it a run
Yeah like my mother is up to almost 10g a day, every person is different like I cant go past the 5g or I start shitting liquid 24h. So that's my limit unless I start tritating up very slowly but I can't bother.

Yeah buy ascorbic acid in powder and mix it with powder magnesium, put some drop of acesulfamek or anything that will give a slightly better sweet taste and the mixture is ready to be drink. I actually enjoy it a lot, always looking forward to my glass after lunch and dinner xD

Just found this thread now that I am looking more into eGFR. Could someone tell me why on my blood work there’s always a eGFR high estimate, and a low estimate? Which one should I go by? And is it possible, to improve these numbers once they’ve started declining? @malfeasance

One is for if you are black, and the other is for if you are not (no, not a joke). This is covered earlier in this thread.

Yes we concluded its racist to say African Americans are born with more muscle so they get there own test but shouldn't we say doc I have more muscle then the average Joe white man because I'm saucin and be profiled under the African American test . Makes sense though

My non African American GFR was 92

I’ve been noticing more bubbles after I take a piss and they found protein in my urine which isn’t good

Im 52 and A1C on metformin and Ozempic was 5.3

I do have high blood pressure and take medicine. I do LISS cardio when on cycle and eat clean and stay hydrated

I may need to drop some weight to see effect on blood pressure

anyone else have issues with protein in urine and any suggestions on how to minimize

One is for if you are black, and the other is for if you are not (no, not a joke). This is covered earlier in this thread.
Ah, ok thank you. For “non African”
February 2019 eGFR: 100
November 2019- eGFR: 92
February 2020- eGFR: 91
June 2020- eGFR: 93
January 2021- eGFR: 86
February 2021- eGFR:89

Does this trend seem concerning? I started taking 2g of astragalus a day in May. Thinking about bumping it up to 3-4g a day.

Also, in the process of getting extensive blood work through ReviveMD, just waiting to hear back from them. And currently running Test/NPP/Primo @750/500/750

The number itself at 86 or 89 is not concerning, but the trend? What else changed over a year? Bigger? More muscle can drive that number down.

My non African American GFR was 92

I’ve been noticing more bubbles after I take a piss and they found protein in my urine which isn’t good

I do have high blood pressure and take medicine. I do LISS cardio when on cycle and eat clean and stay hydrated

I may need to drop some weight to see effect on blood pressure

anyone else have issues with protein in urine and any suggestions on how to minimize
Have you tried going on a really hard cut? Calorie restriction lowers A1C.

Your eGFR looks great. But that blood sugar . . .

Diabetes is not a progressive disease, and starvation can turn it around for you in pretty short order. Starvation = severely reduced calories or fasting.

Here is an article on calorie restriction for long term remission of Type 2 diabetes. Here is a quote from the summary at the end:

"Type 2 diabetes is a simple condition of having acquired more fat than the individual’s body can cope with. Excess fat has accumulated in liver and pancreas and the individual’s beta cells are susceptible to fat induced dedifferentiation. In a high proportion of those with short duration diabetes a robust and practical means has been developed to achieve or re-establish non-diabetic glucose control long term."

Here is the link to the entire article:

Calorie restriction for long-term remission of type 2 diabetes

The Counterpoint, Counterbalance and DiRECT studies have left researchers with a wealth of information that did not exist just a little while ago.

I don't think this particular study gives the calorie count, but it was 820-850 calories for 3-5 months for the fat loss portion. There are lots more studies out there coming from these same three databases of information if you want to keep researching (which is how I know the calorie count).

Basically, the thought before was that strict dieting was only a temporary fix for diabetics. What this new information provides is that it is only temporary if the person goes back to the bad habits of overeating that caused the diabetes in the first place. If food is reintroduced slowly, and the person does not gain the fat back, he stays diabetes free years later. In other words, don't eat more than needed to maintain the body fat where it is in a non-diabetic state after the diabetic loses the bodyfat. The person must stay under his own personal fat threshold, whatever that is (and it is different for each person).

Note that in this study the insulin sensitivity in the liver was back in only seven days, but it took 8 weeks to get insulin secretion changed.

Beta cells that stop producing insulin can actually start producing insulin again once the fat is removed from the pancreas - that's not in this study, either, but, like I said, there is a lot more out there. Lots of research in just the last few years. The point of all of it seems to be that the old model, "this is progressive and unstoppable and the most you can hope to do is manage it," is mostly BS. That has mainly been true because patients are unwilling to do what it takes to change things, and, frankly, until now, there was not good research showing the opposite, and what little research did exist showed that the benefit was temporary because diabetics would almost always go back to their old dietary habits.

Another quote from this study:

"Whereas pre-diabetes is unpredictably progressive, post-diabetes will remain constant long term providing weight remains steady and, predictably, reverts to type 2 diabetes if weight returns to the previous level."

Very straightforward stuff. I hope you find it helpful.

The number itself at 86 or 89 is not concerning, but the trend? What else changed over a year? Bigger? More muscle can drive that number down.
I have gained a significant amount of muscle mass since February 2019. Other then that, no other real changes. Last year, while on cycle my blood pressure did get up to mid 140s for a few weeks. After I went back to a cruise, it sat around 110/75 for about 6 months. Now that I’m cycle again it’s been in the low 130s.

Remember the reason there is a different reference range for blacks.
Your eGFR looks great. But that blood sugar . . .

Diabetes is not a progressive disease, and starvation can turn it around for you in pretty short order. Starvation = severely reduced calories or fasting.

Here is an article on calorie restriction for long term remission of Type 2 diabetes. Here is a quote from the summary at the end:

Here is the link to the entire article:

Calorie restriction for long-term remission of type 2 diabetes

The Counterpoint, Counterbalance and DiRECT studies have left researchers with a wealth of information that did not exist just a little while ago.

I don't think this particular study gives the calorie count, but it was 820-850 calories for 3-5 months for the fat loss portion. There are lots more studies out there coming from these same three databases of information if you want to keep researching (which is how I know the calorie count).

Basically, the thought before was that strict dieting was only a temporary fix for diabetics. What this new information provides is that it is only temporary if the person goes back to the bad habits of overeating that caused the diabetes in the first place. If food is reintroduced slowly, and the person does not gain the fat back, he stays diabetes free years later. In other words, don't eat more than needed to maintain the body fat where it is in a non-diabetic state after the diabetic loses the bodyfat. The person must stay under his own personal fat threshold, whatever that is (and it is different for each person).

Note that in this study the insulin sensitivity in the liver was back in only seven days, but it took 8 weeks to get insulin secretion changed.

Beta cells that stop producing insulin can actually start producing insulin again once the fat is removed from the pancreas - that's not in this study, either, but, like I said, there is a lot more out there. Lots of research in just the last few years. The point of all of it seems to be that the old model, "this is progressive and unstoppable and the most you can hope to do is manage it," is mostly BS. That has mainly been true because patients are unwilling to do what it takes to change things, and, frankly, until now, there was not good research showing the opposite, and what little research did exist showed that the benefit was temporary because diabetics would almost always go back to their old dietary habits.

Another quote from this study:

Very straightforward stuff. I hope you find it helpful.
Yes thanks for article

Im concerned about foamy urine and protein in urine. That’s sign of kidney issue even though my eGFR is ok

anyone else experience foam in urine and/ or protein in urine test?

29, with a 97egfr. Blood pressure is usually 12x/7-80. That egfr was taken while on VAR too which was surprising.

Have you had any success with astragalus or anything similar increasing eGFR numbers?
I had a reading in the 50s a couple months back. Endo said that test is useless for us(then why run it, jerkoff?), he wasn’t concerned. I’ve had subsequent readings in the mid 60s, the most recent after running astralgus for a couple weeks. Had a urinalysis and labs done last week, creatinine a little high(as usual), no protein in the urine, so, there wasn’t any concern.

Back