What R U Eating ? ~OGH wants to know.....

I'm kinda digging my low carb right now but it might just be all the bronkaide and caffeine pills:confused:
It's entirely possible you respond better to it than I do. I mean, I don't feel HORRIBLE on low carb, but I actually feel GOOD on keto after the 4th day... By low carb, I mean ~80 net carbs or so a day.... You?

It's entirely possible you respond better to it than I do. I mean, I don't feel HORRIBLE on low carb, but I actually feel GOOD on keto after the 4th day... By low carb, I mean ~80 net carbs or so a day.... You?
I tried keto and thought I was going to dehydrat I felt like I'd drunk 2gallons of pbr. If I try it again I'm going to ease my way into it.

@rubisean I wish I could say yes, but their hands are typically pretty nasty! I do like to go smell the high octane gas in the Winter time, so a delivery from me in the winter is not that uncommon...

That's why I prefer going full keto over low carb. In ketosis, your body is using fat for energy now.... You feel good after about 4 days... Low carb, I feel like shit forever it seems.

I'd go that route, but I just needed to shed a little water by Friday. I started last Monday. After I weigh in Friday morning I'll be hitting the carbs hard. I'm where I need to be weight-wise, just hoping the strength is still there come comp time.

I'd go that route, but I just needed to shed a little water by Friday. I started last Monday. After I weigh in Friday morning I'll be hitting the carbs hard. I'm where I need to be weight-wise, just hoping the strength is still there come comp time.
Yeah, I don't want to comment too much as I really don't know a thing about powerlifting and their weigh-ins... For BB'ing, you can feel like total dog shit since you don't need to pick heavy shit up... Either way, rooting for you!

What's your goals on this meet? If I remember it's a power lifting meet correct? I know we already talked about the numbers but insomnia has my brain fried right now.

Yeah, I don't want to comment too much as I really don't know a thing about powerlifting and their weigh-ins... For BB'ing, you can feel like total dog shit since you don't need to pick heavy shit up... Either way, rooting for you!

I appreciate the support. Two of my openers will be state records, I know I've got those in the bag no problem. It's my third attempts I'm worried about. I really wanted 1500 total and that's going to be tough based on how I've felt in the gym recently. I don't know though, if I can blow back up to 205+ after weigh ins I might be alright. I put up some decent numbers at that weight just a couple weeks back.

What's your goals on this meet? If I remember it's a power lifting meet correct? I know we already talked about the numbers but insomnia has my brain fried right now.

I've cut quite a bit of weight to chase some records. My last meet I was just shy of 1500lbs total in the 242lbs weight class. This time I'm doing 198lbs. The main goals are a couple state records I'll easily take. I also really want 1500lbs total, but that's not my main objective. If not I'll easily get that and more next time once I gain my weight back.

I appreciate the support. Two of my openers will be state records, I know I've got those in the bag no problem. It's my third attempts I'm worried about. I really wanted 1500 total and that's going to be tough based on how I've felt in the gym recently. I don't know though, if I can blow back up to 205+ after weigh ins I might be alright. I put up some decent numbers at that weight just a couple weeks back.

I've cut quite a bit of weight to chase some records. My last meet I was just shy of 1500lbs total in the 242lbs weight class. This time I'm doing 198lbs. The main goals are a couple state records I'll easily take. I also really want 1500lbs total, but that's not my main objective. If not I'll easily get that and more next time once I gain my weight back.

Bro, you got this, getting those carbs back on board after weigh in will help I'm sure. Excited to see you get those records man. Can't wait for your posts after the meet!

To clarify, "1500" refers to the total pounds lifted for 1 rep each? So, 500lbs dead, 500lbs bench and 500lbs squat, for example?

To clarify, "1500" refers to the total pounds lifted for 1 rep each? So, 500lbs dead, 500lbs bench and 500lbs squat, for example?

Yes, your best one rep on each lift added is your total. You get three attempts on each starting with squat, then bench and deadlift last. Your opener is usually something you can hit for three anytime, your second is something you can double and then your third is a max based on how the second attempt felt.

Yes, your best one rep on each lift added is your total. You get three attempts on each starting with squat, then bench and deadlift last. Your opener is usually something you can hit for three anytime, your second is something you can double and then your third is a max based on how the second attempt felt.
Thats not how i did it lol
I went for the nail in the coffin on the 1st and 2nd attempt. If i didnt get it i would retreat to safety on the 3rd:cool:

Its a mind game
If they think my 1st lift is routine. Im already in their head ;)
I mean i only did 1 damn meet. Not like im some PL meet wizard or some thing
But it worked. I did well

If I missed my first attempt of the meet I think it'd set a bad tone for the rest of the day. I don't recover well after a miss, it gets in my head. This'll only be my third one.

If I missed my first attempt of the meet I think it'd set a bad tone for the rest of the day. I don't recover well after a miss, it gets in my head. This'll only be my third one.

Can you lower the weight if you did miss your first attempt?

I was reading up on a federation that has a meet near me in December and they state in the rules that once you've picked a weight you can't go any lower.

Can you lower the weight if you did miss your first attempt?

I was reading up on a federation that has a meet near me in December and they state in the rules that once you've picked a weight you can't go any lower.

Not at the meets I've been to. You can try again, but never go lower. There's a lot of different feds and unsanctioned meets with a lot of different rules though.

Its a mind game
If they think my 1st lift is routine. Im already in their head ;)
I mean i only did 1 damn meet. Not like im some PL meet wizard or some thing
But it worked. I did well

So tell us your numbers Trukk. What did you end up with total?

@Eman you thinking about doing that meet? If so, what numbers would you be shooting for? I would have to start with the bar alone.:(

Back