What R U Eating ? ~OGH wants to know.....

It's a
Yeah i got a cast iron pan. So what are we talking? Flash it in the pan they throw it on the pellet smoker?
Actually the opposite.. I like to smoke mine first for like 20 min to 1/2 hour but you can start at 225 degrees if you want.. the key is low temp to about 105 - 110 degrees internal temp, then remove steak and let it rest while you heat your grill up to max temp(500 degrees), then put the steak back on for 4-5 mins per side (I like mine medium) to 135-140 degrees, remove cover with butter while it rests a few minutes then enjoy!

Edit: or pan sear what ever works for you..

My son's bday, he's "helping" cook dinner. Doing a NY roast reverse seared on the traeger. Me and him made some panna cotta earlier, it's chilling in the fridge. Going to do raspberry/ blueberry balsamic reduction with black pepper as the topping. Santa got him a cook book for Christmas, making the dessert out of the book.View attachment 140059
Jacked and fancy. Who knew meat heads could be so damn fancy

Gave the wife the night off and cooked Nilgai fried steak for Christmas Eve
What do you use for breading? I can never get mine right.

Gave the wife the night off and cooked Nilgai fried steak for Christmas Eve

What do you use for breading? I can never get mine right.

Funny you ask. I actually experimented and did 50% almond flour and 50% all purpose flour.

The last time I fried backstraps I tried just using almond flour and it burned very easily. It didn’t turn out well. The 50/50 mix worked perfectly

Edit, also used a small amount of baking soda and baking powder

Last edited:
Back