What R U Eating ? ~OGH wants to know.....

Currently eating 3200 cal on a cut for weight class. Will soon start slowly adding back calories.
Redcon1 mre 5 scoops at first meal and last.

6oz of 93/7 beef with 10.5oz of jasmine rice with seasoning and bone broth- i eat that 3x a day.

On my days off from work I sleep in so my meals get jumbled and I throw in other stuff just to make calories

Hey, I'm Vegan. I Love it. My body seems really easy to manipulate on a vegan diet. I do get a lot of protein, about 250gs a day, and I can eat shit loads of oil and bread, and still lose fat. I absolutely love it, I can eat as much as I want and never have a problem, the only time I had to cut back due to gaining some fat % was when I would eat a loaf of bread a day and go through a jar of vegan mayo every 3 days. But I can eat half a loaf of bread a day, and go through a jar a mayo a week, 3 or 4 cans of beans a day, and like 20 servings of vegetables. I will get lean, and gain muscle weight, while eating nonstop and not caring about diet at all, its amazing. Also, ridiculously good cardio, energy and heart health. Blood pressure is low, heart rate is low, cholesterol is stupid low. Haven't had a solid shit in like a year. I think the biggest improvement was the protein powder, when I switched from whey to a pea and rice, I felt way better. Whey protein always made me feel like shit. The pea protein I use has a complete amino acid profile, and makes me feel like superman. Its also cheap.

Im not one of those bleeding heart vegans, and I understand its not for everyone. But once I decided to try it, the benefits for me where unbelievable. I also find it easier to get enough protein through beans and lentils then meat, eating that much meat always wore me down, but I can smash beans all day and go sprinting.

Hey, I'm Vegan. I Love it. My body seems really easy to manipulate on a vegan diet. I do get a lot of protein, about 250gs a day, and I can eat shit loads of oil and bread, and still lose fat. I absolutely love it, I can eat as much as I want and never have a problem, the only time I had to cut back due to gaining some fat % was when I would eat a loaf of bread a day and go through a jar of vegan mayo every 3 days. But I can eat half a loaf of bread a day, and go through a jar a mayo a week, 3 or 4 cans of beans a day, and like 20 servings of vegetables. I will get lean, and gain muscle weight, while eating nonstop and not caring about diet at all, its amazing. Also, ridiculously good cardio, energy and heart health. Blood pressure is low, heart rate is low, cholesterol is stupid low. Haven't had a solid shit in like a year. I think the biggest improvement was the protein powder, when I switched from whey to a pea and rice, I felt way better. Whey protein always made me feel like shit. The pea protein I use has a complete amino acid profile, and makes me feel like superman. Its also cheap.

Im not one of those bleeding heart vegans, and I understand its not for everyone. But once I decided to try it, the benefits for me where unbelievable. I also find it easier to get enough protein through beans and lentils then meat, eating that much meat always wore me down, but I can smash beans all day and go sprinting.
So you lift too? How do you get all the correct aminos? Ive heard vegans who need high protein have to use supplements or eat shitloads of food to get there

So you lift too? How do you get all the correct aminos? Ive heard vegans who need high protein have to use supplements or eat shitloads of food to get there
Yeh I lift 6 days a week. I definitely wouldn't say I've found protein to be an issue. Actually the biggest issue I have had was getting enough fat. Or calories if you will. When I first started, I noticed I was loading everything up with oil, and I didn't want that to cause weight gain, but when I cut back I crashed. After calculating it a bit and looking at it, I had just went a bit too low in calories without the fat. So I went right back to lots of fat, and steadily lost weight. I do eat alot, but certainly no more then when I was eating meat. But now I don't seem to have to worry about overdoing it on carbs or fats.

Attached is a picture of the protein I take. I DEFINATLEY could not be vegan and lifting weights without this protein powder, but with that said, I needed whey before aswell, and I don't take any more of this then I did the whey. Basically I just switched out meat for beans, cut out dairy, and use this instead of whey. Let me know if this vegan powder does not look good, Im always happy to be educated.

edit: 840g tub of this powder is 24 bucks(canadian) on sale, it goes on sale alot, I stock up.

Attachments

• 20210520_175943.jpg
    20210520_175943.jpg
    972.7 KB · Views: 11
Yeh I lift 6 days a week. I definitely wouldn't say I've found protein to be an issue. Actually the biggest issue I have had was getting enough fat. Or calories if you will. When I first started, I noticed I was loading everything up with oil, and I didn't want that to cause weight gain, but when I cut back I crashed. After calculating it a bit and looking at it, I had just went a bit too low in calories without the fat. So I went right back to lots of fat, and steadily lost weight. I do eat alot, but certainly no more then when I was eating meat. But now I don't seem to have to worry about overdoing it on carbs or fats.

Attached is a picture of the protein I take. I DEFINATLEY could not be vegan and lifting weights without this protein powder, but with that said, I needed whey before aswell, and I don't take any more of this then I did the whey. Basically I just switched out meat for beans, cut out dairy, and use this instead of whey. Let me know if this vegan powder does not look good, Im always happy to be educated.

edit: 840g tub of this powder is 24 bucks(canadian) on sale, it goes on sale alot, I stock up.
Tbh i dont know what you need of each amino acid for optimum recovery because I havent lifted while vegan. Its a good start though that they profile what aminos are in it so you know.

Haha that's a hoot, man. I'm not big on black olives but I get a craving for them at times.

So usually I do something like I did here and mix them with green. Of course in this case there's a few other ingredients but pizza is typically where I'll use them the most.

Honestly worth every penny! Wife found it for $32 !!!!! When I was a butcher in a big city it would have been crazy expensive.
That's awesome. I seriously have actually always wanted to go and take some courses in butchering. In my much younger years I applied for an entry level position in meat processing but unfortunately nothing came of it.

It's ironic because I was just looking up places I could go, unfortunately in my area I would have to travel fairly far. But I'm still giving it hardcore consideration.

Back