What R U Eating ? ~OGH wants to know.....

That's awesome. I seriously have actually always wanted to go and take some courses in butchering. In my much younger years I applied for an entry level position in meat processing but unfortunately nothing came of it.

It's ironic because I was just looking up places I could go, unfortunately in my area I would have to travel fairly far. But I'm still giving it hardcore consideration.

It used to be great money. Especially in the high end places. Most of my work was for "celebrity " chefs. Up to about 2010 a good butcher could make 100k a year. Now 99.9 percent of places buy it vac packed. No more swinging sides. It was great work and an all day workout.

We are starting our own herd here on the farm. Gonna do Scottish highlands possibly bred with waygu

It used to be great money. Especially in the high end places. Most of my work was for "celebrity " chefs. Up to about 2010 a good butcher could make 100k a year. Now 99.9 percent of places buy it vac packed. No more swinging sides. It was great work and an all day workout.

We are starting our own herd here on the farm. Gonna do Scottish highlands possibly bred with waygu
Wow man I have no doubt you had some interesting experiences there.

I want to take some classes primarily just to gain more hands on experience and gain some deeper knowledge than just what I've done on my own...I learn better in an environment that's more in-person, hands on and such. Even if I don't actually earn a living doing it, or maybe doing it part-time, I'd be happy.

That is awesome hearing about your endeavor there! Sounds like paradise to me, seriously. Good luck on that for sure.

Back