Who here smokes weed?

No, some US states have made kratom illegal, and it is in a constant threat of more regulations as each year goes on...
Cheers for that mate. The US is pretty confusing for Brits when it comes to laws as they vary so massively between States.
Yes

It's legal.. bit just because it's legal doesn't mean it's allowed to be consumed when in those programs. Mind altering substances legal or illegal are not allowed in early release or drug programs..
That makes no sense whatsoever to me, that you could be sent to prison for taking kratom in a jurisdiction where kratom is legal - it shouldn’t matter whether it’s healthy or not.

It’s funny really to me because Americans like to brag that they are the Land Of The Free, yet as a UK citizen I’m regularly shocked by the intrusive, controlling & often draconian US laws I see discussed on Meso.

Cheers for that mate. The US is pretty confusing for Brits when it comes to laws as they vary so massively between States.

That makes no sense whatsoever to me, that you could be sent to prison for taking kratom in a jurisdiction where kratom is legal - it shouldn’t matter whether it’s healthy or not.

It’s funny really to me because Americans like to brag that they are the Land Of The Free, yet as a UK citizen I’m regularly shocked by the intrusive, controlling & often draconian US laws I see discussed on Meso.
Yea ot is confusing.. gun laws are also confusing, they vary alot from state to state.. alot of people get in trouble for simple harmless mistakes by not knowing or understanding the laws and/or how once you cross into another state that your now commiting a felony or 4..
As far as the kratom thing.. those programs are a early release from jail/prison or jail aversion programs.. can't drink any alcohol either.
I don't know.much about UK laws.. we are one of the last countries that allow its citizens to buy/own firearms which I think just opinion all humans should be allow to firearms. But other then that the US is a motherfucker.. I love it but we need allt of work and help .. it's pretty bad the last 10 uears.. Immigration fucked, taxes/inflation, over bearing laws, I can go on..

Yea ot is confusing.. gun laws are also confusing, they vary alot from state to state.. alot of people get in trouble for simple harmless mistakes by not knowing or understanding the laws and/or how once you cross into another state that your now commiting a felony or 4..
As far as the kratom thing.. those programs are a early release from jail/prison or jail aversion programs.. can't drink any alcohol either.
I don't know.much about UK laws.. we are one of the last countries that allow its citizens to buy/own firearms which I think just opinion all humans should be allow to firearms. But other then that the US is a motherfucker.. I love it but we need allt of work and help .. it's pretty bad the last 10 uears.. Immigration fucked, taxes/inflation, over bearing laws, I can go on..
The kratom thing reminded me of the US approach to drink-driving, where sometimes people convicted have to attend compulsory alcohol counselling. This would never happen in the UK & would be seen as gross overreach by the criminal justice system into people’s lives - IE their decision to drink alcohol isn’t the problem or a crime, it’s driving under the influence influence that is.

Then again, unlike the US, we’ve never had a Protestant-led crusade against alcohol, where it’s seen as immoral - we’re very much a secular society & religion is very much a personal thing, not political & IME very few indigenous Britons are religious anyway.

As for UK gun laws - we have quite strict gun control laws, but these aren’t “forced” in us, it’s what the absolute vast majority of Britons want - guns aren’t & never have been cultural icons representing individual freedom here. No idea if you’re aware, but rank & file police in mainland Britain do not carry guns & the vast majority of them don’t want to (they are polled on the issue annually). In short, we’re a much less aggressive & violent society than the US & no one really needs firearms to defend themselves, unlike in the US.

USA is a really big place, compared to Britain. Easier to have 1 law to rule the land when your entire country is smaller than Texas.

Laws regulating kratom, CBD, etc., etc., are state-level in the States.

Smoked daily for years. Mainly only smoked because I was always depressed / bored. Started running test and lost the depressed part and found no need for weed anymore and haven’t really smoked since unless my brother comes over and just wants to smoke or something then I’ll smoke with him but that’s about it

I wake and bake, as pre, as pwo, and always finish with chain smoking before bed.

Does it effect my gains? I think nope

Is it damaging my lungs? For sure, but atleast steroids and other drugs dont damage lungs. Split the dmg?

I used to be a daily smoker. Would be high all the time. Had a vape so I could hit it in my home office and not stink up my house. I work from home so I would literally be high all day.

I kept trying to quit but I would fail. My saving blessing came when my company was negotiating with a potential client. They were giving us such a hard time about liability, I figured there was a non-zero chance they would drug test us. That gave me the willpower to quit. I took a home piss test almost every day and it was over 60 days until I was under 50 ng/ml. Luckily the negotiations dragged on.

Long story short, they never even drug tested us but I got scared straight. Plus I enjoy not being high. The best part are the dreams. When you are a daily smoker you barely dream. When you quick you dream extra to make up for it.

Ironically not much anymore. I help run a cannabis analytics and extraction lab with my family, and I only really eat any (I don't smoke anymore) a couple nights a week before rest days. (It's primarily their thing but I was the one who set up the lab and deal with the lab techs for them)

It screws up my motivation and focus too much.

I used it a ton while fighting cancer, but it just gives me anxiety out of not being productive. So it's pretty much legitimate medic use only now.

Ironically not much anymore. I help run a cannabis analytics and extraction lab with my family, and I only really eat any (I don't smoke anymore) a couple nights a week before rest days. (It's primarily their thing but I was the one who set up the lab and deal with the lab techs for them)

It screws up my motivation and focus too much.

I used it a ton while fighting cancer, but it just gives me anxiety out of not being productive. So it's pretty much legitimate medic use only now.

That sounds pretty cool. Working with cannabis has to be interesting.

While you are at it, just mail me a package to Louisiana. I am stuck smoking this Delta-8 and other variants because its so hard to get anything legit around here. I rarely smoke but when I want some I want to real deal not this BS. We are catching up as a State....just taking a while.

That sounds pretty cool. Working with cannabis has to be interesting.

While you are at it, just mail me a package to Louisiana. I am stuck smoking this Delta-8 and other variants because its so hard to get anything legit around here. I rarely smoke but when I want some I want to real deal not this BS. We are catching up as a State....just taking a while.
Haha, like I said it's mostly their thing man, I check in a couple times a month to make sure everything flowing as it should.

Honestly, I use d8 and some of the newer cannabinoids at times, d8 doesn't cause the same unproductiveness, lol.

Louisiana sounds wild though man. Half my backyard garden is blatantly illegal there. You guys ban ANY plant that could be somewhat active. Kanna, lotus, mugwort, just absurd stuff to make illegal, lol.

I love the state, but God it's a place I'd never risk burning a joint outside.

Here's it's so legal I have no fear smoking one walking down the sidewalk waving at cops, haha.

Haha, like I said it's mostly their thing man, I check in a couple times a month to make sure everything flowing as it should.

Honestly, I use d8 and some of the newer cannabinoids at times, d8 doesn't cause the same unproductiveness, lol.

Louisiana sounds wild though man. Half my backyard garden is blatantly illegal there. You guys ban ANY plant that could be somewhat active. Kanna, lotus, mugwort, just absurd stuff to make illegal, lol.

I love the state, but God it's a place I'd never risk burning a joint outside.

Here's it's so legal I have no fear smoking one walking down the sidewalk waving at cops, haha.

It is crazy that the laws can be so different. We have finally made it not quite as big of a deal. If I get pulled over with a couple of grams I don't go to jail for a year anymore so thats nice. I would love to be able to have a back yard like that...one day. For now the only growing I am doing is the Golden Teacher and Maztapteca Mushrooms in my bedroom LOL.

Tried it @15, quit it @16. Never really needed it or had the need for it. In the last 35 years, I've worked in a drug store, law enforcement, and now public transit and the jobs require randoms yearly so I can't afford to lose my job for a blunt.

More interesting question would be who doesn't? I mean as in never. It's not something I enjoy daily or even weekly. But some time to time it's a nice break and helps with mental health and relaxation.

Its nice it doesnt effect gym at all & no stress on the heart.
Even the estrogen myth is false or so small it doesnt matter.

More interesting question would be who doesn't? I mean as in never. It's not something I enjoy daily or even weekly. But some time to time it's a nice break and helps with mental health and relaxation.

Never ever? I tried it a few times in high school and again in college. Never liked it.

Tried it medically a few times for sleep since then and *meh* (as in actually using it right before bed, not getting high and doing shit). I just don't like the feeling of being high on marijuana.

I'm still open to medical uses, and possibly for sleep (just not for me). And many people love the stuff recreationally so not judging that either.

I don't know but if it isn't it should be. Kratom is about as addictive as coffee. No change that, i'd say kratom is less addictive than coffee. I don't know where some of you guys are getting your info on kratom from, but it's wrong - next step heroin?! LOL!! Ok, better avoid drinking tea or coffee too, or you'll be on to crack cocaine next!!
You’re an outlier as we are all wired differently. That shit didn’t feel addictive at first to me either. But just keep dosing a little every day for that mental and physical boost and a month later you will struggle your ass off to quit. Especially if you used decent amounts.

Took me about 3 weeks of no sleep and feeling like a total freak with restless leg syndrome for weeks. It’s a whole lot more you don’t understand about kratom and it’s obvious.

Hell, I promoted the hell out of it on this very board years ago. Now I know better. I guess if you can limit use to twice a week it probably would never be an issue. But so many fitness folks are former addicts so we are innately wired for addictions like kratom. Many of us. Not all. Kratom is poison.

I hate weed. But I'll use a little delta8 to increase appetite and aid in sleep.

I tried CBD for sleep and got nothing. OTC doses are ridiculously low compared to clinical trial doses. It might work but studies are in the 100s of mgs, sometimes up to 1000 mg.

Never tried d8.