Your physique insecurities

My biggest physique “insecurrity” if you can even call it that, is thaty muscle shape as far as insertions and belly’s go are very feminine looking.
Like if you take a look at a women’s open vs men’s open you can see how their overall shape and look is diffRent.

Still have all the male characteristics as far as texture and size goes but the muscles appear very feminine. I dot. Really care though hence the quotations in the first paragraph

Abs are the bane of my existence. A metric ton of gym time is devoted to them and I have the least amount of progress to show for it. We are all victims of our genetic heritage I suppose.

Also, my relatively small size (180 on a good day) in general gives me a bit of an inferiority complex. It’s not nearly as easy for me to pack on lean mass as it is for many folks. My bod fights me every step of the way.

Mine is the excess skin from gaining-losing 100lb quite a few times. I have a sponge hanging from my low abs, some deformity in low-side chest but overall i can grab it all over my ribcage, back, inner thighs etc. Besides this i'm pretty happy with my structure. If i could change anything structure wise it would be my short clavicles that make me look narrow when i lean down.

I'm gonna say it again..man up and post some pics, write all that stuff you're writing in the wrong thread into your personal log which you abandoned and add some pics there.

Arms. Fuckers won’t grow. In a shirt I just look like fat American with a baked bean torso and little arms.

I’d do anything for biggers arms. Haven’t added even a half inch since I began training and I’ve probably added 40+ pounds of muscle.

If anybody over came the worst arm genetics in the world please let me know how.

Arms. Fuckers won’t grow. In a shirt I just look like fat American with a baked bean torso and little arms.

I’d do anything for biggers arms. Haven’t added even a half inch since I began training and I’ve probably added 40+ pounds of muscle.

If anybody over came the worst arm genetics in the world please let me know how.
Had the same sort of issue. Found out that for me, trying to isolate each bicep head as much as possible really started to get things growing.

Now by this I’m not saying it will grow one head vs the other, what I’m saying is trying to isolate each head individually heave me a better brain to muscle contraction connection which allowed me to use the bicep more efficiently and feel it more.

I do those bench curls with an outward arm position, with elbows hanging behind the body. This will feel more in the inner / long head.

Incline single arm machine curls For the outer/short head. Arm should idealy be as high above your head while kept tight into your body (upper arm somewhat parallel to the chest)

One arm at a time, using a hand to feel the head while keeping the motion slow and pausing for a second at top and bottom of range. Keep in the the max tension zone.

i also throw in some brachialis focused work with over hand gripped cable curls in a neutral position

Edit: swear you said biceps and not arms.

For tris:
overhead single arm cable, keep elbow in a fixed position.

Single arm cable push down where elbow is far behind hips

Regular push downs with somewhat of a forward lean.

keep it slow, pause too and bottom

Last edited:

forget the word "pushdown" and use other angles that aren't "down" for your triceps
also dont overtrain them, idk how much arm volume guys can handle if they overlap muscles during chest or back days or whatever your split is

Edit: swear you said biceps and not arms.

It’s arms, but triceps are definitely lagging. Biceps are hard for my to isolate the heads like that due to braking both my arms in half a while back lol
Thanks for the tips!

forget the word "pushdown" and use other angles that aren't "down"

I’m very guilty of this. I feel my triceps the best on push downs. I do incorporate overhead cable and ezbar work (I’ll try single hand!!) but I don’t “feel” it. I know the tricep has to be working but it’s a totally different feel for push downs vs anything else

Since i dont care about bodybuilding anymore and am just on TRT with some HGH + primo and only focussed on getting my protein in, im finally satisfied with everything. When you are too much focused on bodybuilding you will never be satisfied. Life is much better now
This is very true as I can always find something to bitch about in terms of my body. Always. I don't there there will ever come a time when I am satisfied with what I see. Those of us in this lifestyle tend to be very hypercritical and self deprecating by nature.

I would even go so far as to say that pretty much nowhere in humanity is body dysmorphia more rampant than in body building and weight lifting circles.

Back