• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Nalgene filter and Vacuum pump

Samael

10+ Year Member
Hello everybody.
I'm im new here, just registered couple of moments ago.
I wanted to ask if anybody tried to filter test. enanthate via nalgene filter with help of vacuum pump [ the one used for bleeding brakes ].
I've saw somwhere in different forum that filtration process is quite easier and faster this way, altho it's little bit more pricey then classic setup with whatman filter.

Thank you for insights and sharing your experience

2hpm2ir.jpg

This is the setup I was talking about, I think that pump is pre-pumped for a certain preassure, and you just leave it there for around 30 minutes and it filters oil suspension in a beautifle way.

Anyone tried that?

These are very easy to crack under pressure so keep the pressure real low around 10 bar will do it , if it cracks its a ball ache oil every where and then you have to re-filter the lot

These are very easy to crack under pressure so keep the pressure real low around 10 bar will do it , if it cracks its a ball ache oil every where and then you have to re-filter the lot

So you would rather suggest whatman filter type of setup

Only for small amounts 100 ml and your going the right way , try get the glass ones instead of plastic the glass are much stronger you should be fine if you keep the pressure low .

Vacuum filtration is 100x easier than syringe filtering. If your using a complete bottle top filter replace the bottom plastic media bottle with a correct size glass media bottle. The plastic will crack after 5psi and may melt depending on your solvents.

Pump it up to 10-15 psi and let it sit there. Come back once in awhile to pump it back up. Invest in a nice brake bleeder from an automotive shop. Definitely worth it if filtering over 100ml

Vacuum filtration is 100x easier than syringe filtering. If your using a complete bottle top filter replace the bottom plastic media bottle with a correct size glass media bottle. The plastic will crack after 5psi and may melt depending on your solvents.

Pump it up to 10-15 psi and let it sit there. Come back once in awhile to pump it back up. Invest in a nice brake bleeder from an automotive shop. Definitely worth it if filtering over 100ml

Thats how I role to

Just had a question on the oil after its filter with the nalgene filter dont u have to
take of the lid and the air will get to it? or would u have to be quick
any info be great thanks!

I've use nalgene, autofoxx. And forgot the other one. But the nalgene is my favorite, I won't use anything else. I just brewed some test enan with it, and its smooth a water, completely pip free for numerous subjects. And yeh I use a 33mm media bottle and u just have to be quick when u take the filter off. I inmediately put on a cap with a septa attached and just fill up other vials as needed through a syringe...no air gets in

I've use nalgene, autofoxx. And forgot the other one. But the nalgene is my favorite, I won't use anything else. I just brewed some test enan with it, and its smooth a water, completely pip free for numerous subjects. And yeh I use a 33mm media bottle and u just have to be quick when u take the filter off. I inmediately put on a cap with a septa attached and just fill up other vials as needed through a syringe...no air gets in
funnny name bro