• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

2020 Olympia...

I often wonder if Ramy would do better if he skipped legs for a couple months, dieted hard, and came in a little "flat" compared to what bodybuilders normally do, without too much attempt to fill out, just a minimal effort.

He would probably look better.

Just ignorant musing . . .

The quads are a big part of the freak factor. Take those away and honestly he's not the same big Ramy anymore.

They are not going to disappear in two months!

What I'm saying Is although yes it would improve his proportions if he did that, it would not help his brand or his placings I don't think. Big ramy is a freak, he's the biggest guy and that's what he's known for. I think it would only lessen the appeal if he deliberately lost any muscle.

They are not going to disappear in two months!
But in all seriousness if he didn't train legs for 6 months those quads would still be massive!! Lol
I'm all about proportions over size, even with myself. During my bodybuilding journey I've taken time and gone slow to focus on bringing up different body parts, slowly for proportion. Proportions are everything.

I do think big ramy is a different kind of case though however.

Agreed! I think Flex had a VERY good chance at taking the title. I was rooting for him big time. He'll come in even better in 2021, I have no doubt.

I'm disappointed in Ramy. I don't want him to recieve a special invite at this point, he doesn't deserve it. He hasn't had his shit together since the Olympia In 2017 where he last placed highly. It's time for Ramy to stop riding his hype, to get into the trenches and earn his place.

This year I want to see Brandon kick Phil's ass and hold that title another year. I want to see Dexter at his very best being it's his retirement show. I'd like to see Hadi come in even bigger with the same condition. I'd like a surprise from someone who were not expecting to be in that final call out to move up and get in there. Maybe someone like hunter labrada or sergio olivia jr.

Akim was great! I like the progress he made from 2019 to 2020. His lower back still lacks density. Although in great condition still lacks that grainy appearance in his upper body, I don't think he can get it. I expect him to be top ten at this year's Olympia.

Justin rodriguez will still get to the olympia on points, I think he's done a great job of being competitive this year and if he can continue to improve may eventually crack that top ten very soon. His quads, and arms I think can both be better. He's very good, especially from the back.

Maxx Charles really lacks from the back, I also think his conditioning was less impressive than his previous few shows, I definitely think he's burning out. He's a very mature bodybuilder, he's been doing this a long time. If his back hasn't come up yet I don't think it's going to.

Nick walker came in better than the north Americans. I think he's maxed out his frame, he seems to have already reached his potential at 26. I don't think he can be very much better than he is now. Only thing he can do is grow. With that comes even more health risk, I'm concerned for the young man's healthy and longevity. I'd be lieing if I said I wasn't worried about him.
Last I checked Oliva Jr wasn't qualified for the O.

My .02 on Ramy; hes a big name and his name on the list keeps the appeal strong for this years Olympia especially with Flex having to drop out.

I was saddened by Rhoden recently announcing his absence from this year's Olympia, I knew it was coming but I was holding out hope. Hes been my guy for the longest time now and it was a pleasure to see him pull it together to dethrone Heath. I just hope to hell that hes innocent and can make a limited time comeback with the time he has left in the tank.

Ive always been a fan of the open class competitors. My current favorite is Roelly but Hadi is pretty interesting as well.

With that said whos your top 5? I cant be the only one here who's interested in this years olympia can I?

My prediction:

1. Phil
2. Flex/Hadi (cant call it between these 2)
3. Hadi/Flex
4. Brandon
5. Benac
6. Dexter
7. Ramy
8. Roelly
9. Cedric
10. Gaspari
1.Hadi
2.Phil
3.Bonac
4.Curry
5.Ramy

Last edited:
My .02 on Ramy; hes a big name and his name on the list keeps the appeal strong for this years Olympia especially with Flex having to drop out.

I was saddened by Rhoden recently announcing his absence from this year's Olympia, I knew it was coming but I was holding out hope. Hes been my guy for the longest time now and it was a pleasure to see him pull it together to dethrone Heath. I just hope to hell that hes innocent and can make a limited time comeback with the time he has left in the tank.
Rhoden is a beast. It’s sad to see some of his best years ripped away from him. I believe he’s innocent so it really is a tragedy in my book

I have Phil in 4th because I think Brandon will be way more compete and on this year. Flex Lewis I think will be a upgraded bigger version of his 2018 Olympia form, and near perfect. I think it will be very tight between him and curry. Much more close than any other two people in this lineup. I have Hadi choopan over Phil Heath, Because Hadi doesn't struggle at all with conditioning and I know has been all in this off season to be competitive this year. I think Phil will have somewhat less muscle and pop to physique. I think the Stomach distention will be very similar to recent years and be more pronounced If anything because I don't believe he's at his peak as far as all around musculaturity is concerned. Phil is 40 now, and after a year off so much focused on business I don't see him being able to have held the same muscle mass.
I see your points but you have to consider, the judges seem to really like Heath, also he’s a really fucking determined guy and I’ll bet he’s working his ass off to come in on top.
You may be right though, I could be way off on this one

None of us saw that coming. Good for Ramy he deserved the win clearly. I'm glad he finally stopped with the size game and went all out on conditioning.

Only issue I had with judging was Phil over Hadi but I wasnt egregious by any means. And I think I would have maybe had Maxx Charles over Dexter.

But the important question is, who won the men's bikini division?

They need to replace those board shorts, man. I can't take that shit seriously. You might as well just wear a puka shell necklace and bring a bong on stage.