26 percent body fat

To be honest I could skip all the carbs, I’m only eating carbs again recently because I thought I needed them for building muscle/strength. If I do drop the porridge though that could put me back into ketosis, would that be good or bad for training?
I’m no expert and @Mac11wildcat said your fats and proteins dictate where your carbs should be... so... I’m not sure now bro lol.

In my case, since carbs are energy, mine are scheduled around pre and post workout, specifically for gym energy. On the days off from the gym, I don’t get those carbs :(:mad:

From my understanding, hitting ketosis would then force your body to use your stored body fat for energy, which is a good thing. But is this a manageable lifestyle for you?

You guys are overcomplicating this.

Caloric balance dictates weight change; eat less than your body needs at any given time and weight goes away.

For any given caloric intake, protein and fats should usually be the two that are kept constant for lean tissue preservation and bodily function. Which means carbs are the primary variable to change either up or down for growth or fat loss.

Timing, sources, meal composition all matter, but not nearly as much as above.

As as far as ketosis, that doesn’t happen in a day and most people who think they’re Keto aren’t actually in keto. In addition, keto has no scientifically proven benefits to other methods of caloric restriction.

However, if keto WORKS for you. If it’s a lifestyle you can maintain then absolutely you’ll find benefits. A lifestyle that can be maintained is the KEY to all this. Any claims to the “best” diet are bullshit; there’s only the best diet FOR YOU.

Last edited:
I’m no expert and @Mac11wildcat said your fats and proteins dictate where your carbs should be... so... I’m not sure now bro lol.

In my case, since carbs are energy, mine are scheduled around pre and post workout, specifically for gym energy. On the days off from the gym, I don’t get those carbs :(:mad:

From my understanding, hitting ketosis would then force your body to use your stored body fat for energy, which is a good thing. But is this a manageable lifestyle for you?

You guys are overcomplicating this.

Caloric balance dictates weight change; eat less than your body needs at any given time and weight goes away.

For any given caloric intake, protein and fats should usually be the two that are kept constant for lean tissue preservation and bodily function. Which means carbs are the primary variable to change either up or down for growth or fat loss.

Timing, sources, meal composition all matter, but not nearly as much as above.

As as far as ketosis, that doesn’t happen in a day and most people who think they’re Keto aren’t actually in keto. In addition, keto has no scientifically proven benefits to other methods of caloric restriction.

However, if keto WORKS for you. If it’s a lifestyle you can maintain then absolutely you’ll find benefits. A lifestyle that can be maintained is the KEY to all this. Any claims to the “best” diet are bullshit; there’s only the best diet FOR YOU.

I personally lost 5 stone in about 7 months doing keto but I was also watching my calories as well . I input everything I ate onto an app on my phone and made sure my kcal never went over 2000. As soon as I stopped logging my food my weight loss slowed down considerably. So you could argue that it was the calorific deficit that made me lose the weight and not the ketosis (although the weight loss was rapid) the one thing I will say is that I felt good doing keto, I had a lot of energy but again, was that just due to losing weight or being in ketosis?

It would of been interesting to know how much muscle mass I lost whilst doing that diet but unfortunately I wasn’t keeping track but I wasn’t eating a lot of protein at the time and I was only doing solid state cardio so it must of been a fair bit.

I am not one for going hours without eating not good especially for muscle loss. Eat some small protein meals in the morning some cottage cheese Greek yogurts and such. You will loss fat faster not eating but also lose muscle. You can eat all day and still lose weight the right way without sacrificing hard earned muscle.

[QUOTE=" You're at that age that once you start down this Rabbit Hole you will likely have to go on testosterone replacement the rest of your life.
That’s one of my biggest concerns about taking anything to be honest, I’m never going to be a competitive body builder, even the thought of getting down to 15% body fat seems far fetched to me but I do want to be strong and healthy though. My son is only 6 years old right now and I want to be fit and live longer!!

If I was to just take a cycle of test cyp in the future would I have to be permanently take some sort of aas/trt afterwards?[/QUOTE]

My thoughts brother is to get you BF down with diet and exercise. Once you have diet and training down, your BF down, and you have read everything you can on the subjects of nutrition, training, and AAS, ask yourself the same question. What you want now may not be what you want in a year. Running a cycle now may not yeild the results you were hoping for.

Your original question, would one cycle put you on trt for ever? Its doubtful but everyone is different. If this is your choice then make sure you have everything you need before you start, research, AI, enough hormone and pinning gear, and your PCT. All on hand long before your first pin.

I personally lost 5 stone in about 7 months doing keto but I was also watching my calories as well . I input everything I ate onto an app on my phone and made sure my kcal never went over 2000. As soon as I stopped logging my food my weight loss slowed down considerably. So you could argue that it was the calorific deficit that made me lose the weight and not the ketosis (although the weight loss was rapid) the one thing I will say is that I felt good doing keto, I had a lot of energy but again, was that just due to losing weight or being in ketosis?

It would of been interesting to know how much muscle mass I lost whilst doing that diet but unfortunately I wasn’t keeping track but I wasn’t eating a lot of protein at the time and I was only doing solid state cardio so it must of been a fair bit.
Precisely. Your weight loss was from caloric restriction, not the magic of ketosis. However, if Keto is a diet you can adhere to then great. Also small effects from insulin not spiking from carbs but keto really just eliminates food groups people way overdo: processed carbs which always have hidden fats.

Afternoon gents, got my full blood test results back yesterday

Albumin 43.5. Range 35-50

FSH 9.8 Range 1.5-12.4

LH 7.6. Range 1.7-8.6

Oestradiol 81. Range 41-159

Testosterone 11.60. Range 8.63-29

Shbg 34. Range 18.3-54

Free test 0.223. Range 0.2-0.62

Prolactin 193 Range 86-324

TSH 1.17. Range 0.27- 4.20

Free T4 19.10. Range 12.0-22.0

PSA 0.472. Range <2

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Fat loss still boils down most heavily to cals in vs cals out, especially in those that are overweight. IF can help with some health markers though that’s true.

And guys, when I say heavy, I don’t mean 2-6 reps of all out reps. I mean heavy for you, in a 6–15 rep range. Just avoid the brosciency “high reps low weight for toning” bullshit. Heavy is relative to your own strength.

On the macros subject, carbs are esssntially fuel. The % macro breakdowns are irrelevant if your protein is too low (both for muscle tissue support and the fact that a higher protein value when taken from carb total does help body comp) and fats are adequate for healthy bodily function. If you’re eating a ton, carbs can be 50-60%. If you’re not, 20-30% may be more appropriate.

There are dozens of ways to attack weight loss. Find the one that fits your lifestyle the best and brings results. Nothing matters if it isn’t sustainable.

Took your advice the last few weeks and noticed an improvement in the size of my muscles and general all around wellbeing, lifting in the 8-15 rep range and having less rest in between sets leaves me feeling good after a workout rather than destroyed (which is how I was feeling after training in the 6 rep range as heavy as I could)
Down to 25% bf now...

Took your advice the last few weeks and noticed an improvement in the size of my muscles and general all around wellbeing, lifting in the 8-15 rep range and having less rest in between sets leaves me feeling good after a workout rather than destroyed (which is how I was feeling after training in the 6 rep range as heavy as I could)
Down to 25% bf now...
Keep going man!

Would be awesome if @Michael Scally MD jumped in. Wondering what Test levels should be at, do you really run this for 12 frickin weeks? Do you really go up to 150 mg daily? Would you split it? Do you take liver support while on?

Hah, that anadrol experiment is still on your mind.

I remember reading about that a couple years ago, few things that I remember and @Michael Scally MD can correct me if I'm wrong.

[1] Starting dose was much less than final dose

[2] LFT's were done every 4 weeks before increasing dose

[3] Lipids/cholesterol improved after the 12 weeks and so did body composition

But the biggest and most important:

[4] The people who did the experiment were not AAS users who chronically use/abused AAS, they were taking it for weight loss purposes, therefore I think it's safe to say the difference between these populations (non AAS users seeking weight loss under a doctor supervision vs chronic AAS users) is absolutely massive when it comes to safety. Likely those people will probably never use AAS again and that can make all the difference when it comes to safety.

Hah, that anadrol experiment is still on your mind.

I remember reading about that a couple years ago, few things that I remember and @Michael Scally MD can correct me if I'm wrong.

[1] Starting dose was much less than final dose

[2] LFT's were done every 4 weeks before increasing dose

[3] Lipids/cholesterol improved after the 12 weeks and so did body composition

But the biggest and most important:

[4] The people who did the experiment were not AAS users who chronically use/abused AAS, they were taking it for weight loss purposes, therefore I think it's safe to say the difference between these populations (non AAS users seeking weight loss under a doctor supervision vs chronic AAS users) is absolutely massive when it comes to safety. Likely those people will probably never use AAS again and that can make all the difference when it comes to safety.
Thanks for the details on this bro! Yeah, until I get answers, it’ll remain on my mind, so I appreciate you adding what you know about it.

I've never gone above 80 mg myself. I love the stuff though, I now use it almost every cycle for the first 4 weeks. I think it gets a bad rap sometimes being a "girl steroid."

I would still caution against using it as a recomping drug because testosterone replacement will have to be given as well which will shut you down. You're at that age that once you start down this Rabbit Hole you will likely have to go on testosterone replacement the rest of your life.
Anadrol as a girl steroid?

You're at that age that once you start down this Rabbit Hole you will likely have to go on testosterone replacement the rest of your life.
That’s one of my biggest concerns about taking anything to be honest, I’m never going to be a competitive body builder, even the thought of getting down to 15% body fat seems far fetched to me but I do want to be strong and healthy though. My son is only 6 years old right now and I want to be fit and live longer!!

If I was to just take a cycle of test cyp in the future would I have to be permanently take some sort of aas/trt afterwards?
It depends. You’re at that age that natural test production is decreasing. If you run a cycle and try a PCT and don’t rebound, you’ll be TRT or feel like ass for life.

Anadrol as a girl steroid?
Wtf ??? Sounds like someone is confused with anavar, never heard of anadrol being considering a girl steroid, however, many women can use anadrol without the fear of virilization, if you look at dr. Scally’s patient that he had on anadrol for 12wks the guys total test was around 415ng/dL when he began, and when he finished it was around 408. So it’s seems barely suppressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
it would be nice if we could could get some more in-depth info regarding the patients diet, his workout of regimine if there was even one, if the protocol would be as effective if testosterone was used, and also at what pace was the patient dose increased and if it was increased which it sounds like it was, what was the reasoning behind the increase

it would be nice if we could could get some more in-depth info regarding the patients diet, his workout of regimine if there was even one, if the protocol would be as effective if testosterone was used, and also at what pace was the patient dose increased and why was it increased over the 12wks.
@Michael Scally MD said the diet and exercise regimens were patient specific and he wouldn’t divulge them :mad:

Back