Biggest Guy I Know Told Me Training Doesn't Matter

one5onecc

Bit of a bold statement but let me explain:

The guy is in his late 20s just under 6 foot, 210lb always shredded with 18 inch arms at least. Looks very similar to Mike Thurston but a bit leaner. Basically his philosophy is execute perfectly on what yields the most result which is quality diet, quality drugs + thoughtful blasts, quality sleep, stress reduction then training in that order.

I won't go into the diet, sleep and living a low stress lifestyle since we are all pretty aware of what that entails but his comments about drugs & training were fascinating.

Regarding Drugs
He basically blasts hard 1-1.5G total gear for 20 weeks per year only when trying to gain size and only uses compounds which agree with him. In his case it's a mix of Test C, Primo or Mast, Anavar in and out to break plateaus in strength.

Only cuts around 8-10 weeks total during the year to get back into single digits using 200 test & 200 primo or mast.

The other 22 weeks of the year is spent on minimal test only so he can get bloodwork in order to blast again, remain somewhat healthy so he can stay doing this for the long run.

Regarding training
He told me it doesn't matter just focus on 10-20 sets per week per muscle in preferably 2 split sessions, choose exercises with low injury risk and get stronger over time mostly doing 5-15 reps. Explained that training doesn't matter as much as people want you to believe because you can alter your physique by 10-15lb of muscle by increasing calories and going from a cruise to blast as long as your routine isnt something ridiculous like 5 sets of pushups per week.

But going from a somewhat suboptimal bro routine to the best routine in the world might mean like 10% more gains, so him taking it easy and not worrying about % based progression and gruelling compound lifts makes sense for his physique goals.
Routine is very similar to those fluff and pump type workouts you see pro bbs doing, ive never seen him do compound movements bar the bench press and even then he's doing sets of 12 with 225 so nowhere near his max. Literally every exercise is a plate loaded machine or cable and im guessing it's due to a high stimulus to fatigue ratio.

How accurate is all this for the non natty lifter? Gave me flashbacks of the GH15 bible lol

Bit of a bold statement but let me explain:

The guy is in his late 20s just under 6 foot, 210lb always shredded with 18 inch arms at least. Looks very similar to Mike Thurston but a bit leaner. Basically his philosophy is execute perfectly on what yields the most result which is quality diet, quality drugs + thoughtful blasts, quality sleep, stress reduction then training in that order.

I won't go into the diet, sleep and living a low stress lifestyle since we are all pretty aware of what that entails but his comments about drugs & training were fascinating.

Regarding Drugs
He basically blasts hard 1-1.5G total gear for 20 weeks per year only when trying to gain size and only uses compounds which agree with him. In his case it's a mix of Test C, Primo or Mast, Anavar in and out to break plateaus in strength.

Only cuts around 8-10 weeks total during the year to get back into single digits using 200 test & 200 primo or mast.

The other 22 weeks of the year is spent on minimal test only so he can get bloodwork in order to blast again, remain somewhat healthy so he can stay doing this for the long run.

Regarding training
He told me it doesn't matter just focus on 10-20 sets per week per muscle in preferably 2 split sessions, choose exercises with low injury risk and get stronger over time mostly doing 5-15 reps. Explained that training doesn't matter as much as people want you to believe because you can alter your physique by 10-15lb of muscle by increasing calories and going from a cruise to blast as long as your routine isnt something ridiculous like 5 sets of pushups per week.

But going from a somewhat suboptimal bro routine to the best routine in the world might mean like 10% more gains, so him taking it easy and not worrying about % based progression and gruelling compound lifts makes sense for his physique goals.
Routine is very similar to those fluff and pump type workouts you see pro bbs doing, ive never seen him do compound movements bar the bench press and even then he's doing sets of 12 with 225 so nowhere near his max. Literally every exercise is a plate loaded machine or cable and im guessing it's due to a high stimulus to fatigue ratio.

How accurate is all this for the non natty lifter? Gave me flashbacks of the GH15 bible lol
I agree with everything he said 100%. Drugs and diet are more important than breaking your body in the gym with the train hard mentality.

Title of your thread is pretty misleading.
Saying is doesn’t matter, then describing a serious training strategy involving progressive overload, is a misnomer.

He’s saying it’s overvalued, while diet is discounted. We love to talk training because it’s fun and easy to change. But relative to diet and here’s one GENETICS. It’s less important. Talking about eating all day is boring, and you can’t change your dna. So often people get too hung up on training modalities like that is going to make the real differences when it’s not.

Also just a question. Why is this the biggest guy you know? Based on your description I am bigger than this guy and I am not a big guy. Where are you, some island of pygmies?

training matters if youre trying to get stronger. but for hypertrophy 70% of the equation comes down to drugs, 15% food 15% training(only in the sense that what exercises you do will dictate the end product of your silhouette)

if training was a big co factor then people wouldnt be slamming 3grams of gear+hgh+insulin+peptides like their life depended on it

I don't blame people for deluding themselves into thinking that they train like a beast and somehow do something magical with the weights that nobody else can do. It's a chicken and the egg situation, except both the chicken and the egg represent steroids in this case, which makes the whole argument mute.

Drugs simply matter the most, like a way lot more

Last edited:
Trying to figure out when bodybuilding became a choosing game.

Diet, training, gear, sleep. Literally none of these interfere or overlap. Train hard when it’s time to train hard. Eat when it’s time to eat. Take your gear. Get rest.

If you discount any of them you reduce the efficacy of ALL of them.

Also trying to figure out where 6’ 210 is big.

Title of your thread is pretty misleading.
Saying is doesn’t matter, then describing a serious training strategy involving progressive overload, is a misnomer.

He’s saying it’s overvalued, while diet is discounted. We love to talk training because it’s fun and easy to change. But relative to diet and here’s one GENETICS. It’s less important. Talking about eating all day is boring, and you can’t change your dna. So often people get too hung up on training modalities like that is going to make the real differences when it’s not.

Also just a question. Why is this the biggest guy you know? Based on your description I am bigger than this guy and I am not a big guy. Where are you, some island of pygmies?

A serious training strategy to me is something like 531, westside conjugate where a macro/mesocycle is planned with percentages and hard rules.

The only guys ive seen train hardcore, 90+ minutes workouts, notepad in hand writing down every set, putting up 400lb+ squats & 500lb+ deadlifts are the legitimate nattys. All of them are 15-20% bf and strong as hell, very smart about training but the only part of their body that is large is their glutes & gut.

Going in and doing 3x12 on bench then pumping away on cables and machines for 30-40 minutes seems pretty chill in comparison no? even the mental fatigue of training with percentages and strict accessories/supplemental work is much higher.

He's the biggest guy ive spoken to about training, he's prob 210 and legit 8% bf every time ever seen him in the gym and looks pretty similar to the below pic of Mike Thurston.

I have seen even bigger proper BB types and they train in a similar fluff and pump manner but probably just leverage other drugs GH/Slin etc and eat more/have better genetic frame, insertions, structure.

If I do a quick search of any fitness model and their workouts its the same scenario 90% of the time.

Typical Fluff & Pump + Gear + Genetics

Training delts, starts with upright rows & raises then proceeds to overhead press what looks like 40lb dumbbells.

Hardcore Trainee Squats 500lb, Dead 600lb, Bench 400lb implements tons of exercise science to plan training.

Attachments

• 86286898_2898734033480158_5282260550842056704_n.jpg
    86286898_2898734033480158_5282260550842056704_n.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 24
6’0 210? Not what I would consider all that big in bodybuilding terms. Maybe he would be bigger if he moved training up on the list of priorities, you know maybe before drugs.

If he did the perfect training routine how much bigger do you think he would be ? 5lb?10lb?

If he wanted to be big in bodybuilding terms im assuming it would take more time, more food, + more drugs 2-3g blasts instead of 1-1.5g and inclusion of GH/insulin.

A perfect of magical routine probably wouldn't make a noticeable difference in the mirror.

Regarding training

It's not really saying training is not important.

This is another way of saying you can still make progress when you don't know how to train well while taking AAS. AAS simply make all training programs look effective to some degree.

Unfortunately, these people don't make much progress without AAS

All things being equal, those who train smart / train hard on AAS will have much greater results than those who don't on AAS.

As for me, if I'm going to risk harm / potentially compromise my health with PEDs, I sure as hell would want to maximize the positive benefits.

I don't understand why any AAS user would not want to learn how to train intelligently nor put in maximal effort. It baffles me.

It's not really saying training is not important.

This is another way of saying you can still make progress when you don't know how to train well while taking AAS. AAS simply make all training programs look effective to some degree.

Unfortunately, these people don't make much progress without AAS

All things being equal, those who train smart / train hard on AAS will have much greater results than those who don't on AAS.

As for me, if I'm going to risk harm / potentially compromise my health with PEDs, I sure as hell would want to maximize the positive benefits.

I don't understand why any AAS user would not want to learn how to train intelligently nor put in maximal effort. It baffles me.
Agreed.

The rationale here seems to be if you can get 70-80% of the results by fluffing and pumping then why bother with a super structured proven routine which has more fatigue built in by design.

Doing hard sets of deadlifts and heavy barbell/DB rows will more than likely lead to more gains than playing around on machines and cables like this guy.

How much more we don't really know but we do know that the injury risk is greater with the former (not a high risk, but higher nonetheless) as is mental/physical fatigue.

Agreed.

The rationale here seems to be if you can get 70-80% of the results by fluffing and pumping then why bother with a super structured proven routine which has more fatigue built in by design.

Doing hard sets of deadlifts and heavy barbell/DB rows will more than likely lead to more gains than playing around on machines and cables like this guy.

How much more we don't really know but we do know that the injury risk is greater with the former (not a high risk, but higher nonetheless) as is mental/physical fatigue.
Doing heavy deadlift,bench and squat will lead more than likely to some injuries that will hold you back. From some injuries you will not be the same anymore.
Recently a guy from this forum tear his pec and had a surgery,Millard had a surgery for shoulder and I had tear my pec twice and my hamstring 3 times going 100%. Depends from what part of the world you are those surgery and RMI cost. Are you affording those cost? It's a expense that could be avoided.
Is this worth it for someone who doesn't do strength sport?
You can get to the same place without ending in a wheel chair or putting yourself on a surgery table just by increasing the weights gradually and doing more reps and machines.
And yes the more you take and eat you will get bigger. Is no surprise that

Yeah can’t stop there on this one.

Lots of people that haven’t demonstrated they’re big telling other people how big guys get big.

Two things

1. The lower (comparatively) your goals are (wanting to be an “influencer” vs say a pro bodybuilder) the more you can cover shitty habits and work ethic with drugs

2. For the most part people reference guys with top tier elite genetics as evidence to why training isn’t all that important, those same guys would BURY the average steroid user in a training session whether by intensity or sheer volume, whatever their weapon of choice is

Doing heavy deadlift,bench and squat will lead more than likely to some injuries that will hold you back. From some injuries you will not be the same anymore.
Recently a guy from this forum tear his pec and had a surgery,Millard had a surgery for shoulder
Just a bit of disclosure from me: the two shoulder surgeries were the result of being hit by a motorcycle and a car on two different occasions while cycling.

It turns out that riding a bicycle has put me at far greater risk than weight training. My wife wishes that I would just use stay in the gym and use AAS because it's far less dangerous than my recently acquired interest in cycling. Perspective for you.

Weightlifting is comparatively one of the least dangerous physical activities based on injury rate.

In addition, injury 99% of the time comes from poor technique and overshooting what you’re capable of. Neither are good bodybuilding techniques.

The other 1% is freak, random accidents like Millard’s 2 bike accidents.

Back