Burpee variation as a substitute for other cardio

I can’t run due to fucked feet. I won’t cycle because that can cause ED. And swimming is impractical for me to do every day.

I’ve been doing 30 sets of 7 push ups, 7 jump squats, and 6 pull-ups alternating each set to chin-ups. I have a timer go off every minute and I do each set within each minute. So I do a total of 600 reps in half an hour at the moment. Every month I try to add an extra rep to the sets, which next month will be chin-ups.

At the start I get maybe 15 seconds rest between sets. Towards the 25th set I get no rest. Progress has been good. A year ago I was doing sets of 3 reps each and really struggling past 20 minutes. Done it every day, other than when I’ve been ill.

I feel like the limiting factor to being able to do more reps is that I am running out of oxygen, as on occasion I have added a minute break half way through to catch my breath and it makes the last 15 minutes much easier.

Would this be an adequate substitute for cardio/endurance training? If not, what else can I do?

I can’t run due to fucked feet. I won’t cycle because that can cause ED. And swimming is impractical for me to do every day.

I’ve been doing 30 sets of 7 push ups, 7 jump squats, and 6 pull-ups alternating each set to chin-ups. I have a timer go off every minute and I do each set within each minute. So I do a total of 600 reps in half an hour at the moment. Every month I try to add an extra rep to the sets, which next month will be chin-ups.

At the start I get maybe 15 seconds rest between sets. Towards the 25th set I get no rest. Progress has been good. A year ago I was doing sets of 3 reps each and really struggling past 20 minutes. Done it every day, other than when I’ve been ill.

I feel like the limiting factor to being able to do more reps is that I am running out of oxygen, as on occasion I have added a minute break half way through to catch my breath and it makes the last 15 minutes much easier.

Would this be an adequate substitute for cardio/endurance training? If not, what else can I do?
Get a battle rope

Rowing, ski irg, also they make seats that are comfy AF and do t touch your perineal nerve (I have one).

I think the two I mentioned as well as burpees are more conditioning vs LISS cardio, but I’m sure that’s way better than nothing.

As lame as crossfit is, I’ve used some “WOD’s” for some quick conditioning. This one (linked) has been a favorite. I always sub something for running and sometimes sub something for box jumps as my knees are iffy too.

Last edited: