Can topical ivermectin cure steroid-induced acne?

Arnold Strong

10+ Year Member
I found this study in which they used topical ivermectin 1% cream against acne, apparently after 8 to 10 weeks of treatment patients showed complete or almost complete clearance of acne lesions. The study was conducted with only 4 patients, but 3 of them rated the results as excellent or very good.

Has anyone here attempted to use ivermectin against acne?

I haven’t but I should try. My accutane still hasn’t cleared mine up and it’s been two months. I might go out and celebrate the day I become pimple free. They call me the walking pimple back where I’m from

I haven’t but I should try. My accutane still hasn’t cleared mine up and it’s been two months. I might go out and celebrate the day I become pimple free. They call me the walking pimple back where I’m from
Getting rid of acne is a slow process, two months is still within the time it takes isotretinoin to work its magic.

Note that in the ivermectin study it took 10 weeks for acne to clear up in 3 out of the 4 patients.

In any case, if you decide to try topical ivermectin please post about it. There's very little data available about this, and given the current climate about ivermectin research I don't expect any papers to be published about it any time soon, so any evidence, even if anecdotal, is valuable.

Getting rid of acne is a slow process, two months is still within the time it takes isotretinoin to work its magic.

Note that in the ivermectin study it took 10 weeks for acne to clear up in 3 out of the 4 patients.

In any case, if you decide to try topical ivermectin please post about it. There's very little data available about this, and given the current climate about ivermectin research I don't expect any papers to be published about it any time soon, so any evidence, even if anecdotal, is valuable.
I should clarify. It’s been two months and if anything they are worse now

Back