Diet adjustments during stall?

Chillz4thrillz

From my experience especially using tirz, I've run in to a few stalls. I've noticed that I can adjust my diet a little to "kick start" my weight loss again.

I don't cut calories more than I already have I actually give myself a surplus of 800-1000 from my deficit bringing me back up to the "normal" recommended daily intake for a healthy individual not trying to lose. With this intake I have made sure to include more sugars and carbs. For some strange reason I begin to lose again with no weight gain while adjusting.

This happened the first time and threw me for a loop. Hovered around the same weight for a few weeks... a cheat day turned in to 3 where I ate some white pasta and had a few sodas and shitty milk chocolate after dinner. Was dreading stepping on the scale and saw I was down 1lb. Doesn't seem much but after some time of no movement it got me focused and to reel myself back in. Within the next 2 weeks I lost 10 and steady 2(ish)/week after that until the next stall. Rinsed and repeated. I've lost an additional 20lbs so far by doing this.

Curious to if it's my body adjusting and reacting to the foods itself or if it's interacting with the abilities of the tirz. Maybe the increased carbs and sugars increase insulin and leptin giving my metabolism a little Jumpstart to ride out until the next stall? It's been interesting for sure.

With diet adjustments I also hit the gym 6 days a week and for 4 of those days it's twice a day starting with fasted cardio and lots of weight training. Keeping up with my macros especially protein to reduce the concerning potential of 35% muscle loss. So there definitely are other factors.

Had anyone else noticed this or have their own little "rituals" when stalled or wanting to drop a few extra?

If you feeling like you are exhausted, then take a break (maintenance calories) and focus on getting stronger in the gym. Then after a month or so resume your cutting. You will be both mentally and physically much more motivated and ready. Good luck and don't rush it, run your marathon, sprint only can get you so far and then you walk again just to see that slower dude pass you by who always ran at a steady pace. It takes time. Just avoid crash dieting. Instead focus on getting lean slowly and maintain that year round (no reason to ever get over 16% body fat).

From my experience especially using tirz, I've run in to a few stalls. I've noticed that I can adjust my diet a little to "kick start" my weight loss again.

I don't cut calories more than I already have I actually give myself a surplus of 800-1000 from my deficit bringing me back up to the "normal" recommended daily intake for a healthy individual not trying to lose. With this intake I have made sure to include more sugars and carbs. For some strange reason I begin to lose again with no weight gain while adjusting.

This happened the first time and threw me for a loop. Hovered around the same weight for a few weeks... a cheat day turned in to 3 where I ate some white pasta and had a few sodas and shitty milk chocolate after dinner. Was dreading stepping on the scale and saw I was down 1lb. Doesn't seem much but after some time of no movement it got me focused and to reel myself back in. Within the next 2 weeks I lost 10 and steady 2(ish)/week after that until the next stall. Rinsed and repeated. I've lost an additional 20lbs so far by doing this.

Curious to if it's my body adjusting and reacting to the foods itself or if it's interacting with the abilities of the tirz. Maybe the increased carbs and sugars increase insulin and leptin giving my metabolism a little Jumpstart to ride out until the next stall? It's been interesting for sure.

With diet adjustments I also hit the gym 6 days a week and for 4 of those days it's twice a day starting with fasted cardio and lots of weight training. Keeping up with my macros especially protein to reduce the concerning potential of 35% muscle loss. So there definitely are other factors.

Had anyone else noticed this or have their own little "rituals" when stalled or wanting to drop a few extra?
Interesting!
Well I have an analogy with these GLP-1/GIP that its like a thermostat. @Ghoul actually mentioned it and I looked into it and it's very true.

Our bodies defend a Fat mass set point. It's a body weight.
It has a thermostat that wants to keep you there. Even if you are obese.

So as we take the GLP-1 peptide, it lowers that set point, like a thermostat lowers the temp.

Say you take 2.5 mgs of tirz for first time. It is lowering your bodies set point and the peptide starts to help you lose weight. By making food "uninteresting" and also burning adipose fat and increasing insulin sensitivity.
So you now lose weight. When you lose some weight and hit your new set point, the effects stop of the peptide. YOur hunger comes back a bit, etc.

Now if you gain some weight back, the peptide dose will "kick on the thermostat" again and you will get the effects to bring you back down.

This is dose dependant. So 5 mg tirz doasge would lower your set point more, 7.5 lowers it more...etc
We see that in the studies and trials where people with larger doses lost more weight than those with lower doses.

But you are saying that a couple cheat days after a stall...sort of slingshot you back down to another set point.

That's very interesting and I wonder?
if that was your body seeing that you were increasing the food, sugar and carbs after a stall and so the thermostat kicked in to lower you back down,
but adjusted it even lower

Anyways, great info and it's fascinating to learn about this stuff

Interesting!
Well I have an analogy with these GLP-1/GIP that its like a thermostat. @Ghoul actually mentioned it and I looked into it and it's very true.

Our bodies defend a Fat mass set point. It's a body weight.
It has a thermostat that wants to keep you there. Even if you are obese.

So as we take the GLP-1 peptide, it lowers that set point, like a thermostat lowers the temp.

Say you take 2.5 mgs of tirz for first time. It is lowering your bodies set point and the peptide starts to help you lose weight. By making food "uninteresting" and also burning adipose fat and increasing insulin sensitivity.
So you now lose weight. When you lose some weight and hit your new set point, the effects stop of the peptide. YOur hunger comes back a bit, etc.

Now if you gain some weight back, the peptide dose will "kick on the thermostat" again and you will get the effects to bring you back down.

This is dose dependant. So 5 mg tirz doasge would lower your set point more, 7.5 lowers it more...etc
We see that in the studies and trials where people with larger doses lost more weight than those with lower doses.

But you are saying that a couple cheat days after a stall...sort of slingshot you back down to another set point.

That's very interesting and I wonder?
if that was your body seeing that you were increasing the food, sugar and carbs after a stall and so the thermostat kicked in to lower you back down,
but adjusted it even lower

Anyways, great info and it's fascinating to learn about this stuff
I read his post as well and thought it was interesting about how they work, I actually read it during a stall just didn't want to up my dose since it would mean running through my supply quicker.

Thinking about this again after you bringing it back up. Very interesting, maybe I'm just a weirdo and it's effecting me differently but I can see the set point and then waking my body back up with added food and then setting a new set point that's lower than the first.

I'm wondering if it's a rest and recovery type of deal. You work same muscles 4 times a week and you'll notice you stall and sometimes even get a little weaker until you really let yourself rest and heal then find you can lift more than you were able to a few weeks later. Could also be muscle growth and consistency changing metabolism little by little.

Sounds like I'm going to have to keep a log. These meds are fascinating to say the least.

yeah, like by adding the cheat days you make the body (along with the medication) react in a way to bring you back even lower.

sort of like how someone who shoots too much insulin can actually cause low blood sugar. In this case they are overshooting the removal of blood sugar.

But in this case you are causing it to overshoot the loss of fat, which is a good thing.
Very cool bro.
I agree, these peptides are fascinating

I read his post as well and thought it was interesting about how they work, I actually read it during a stall just didn't want to up my dose since it would mean running through my supply quicker.

Thinking about this again after you bringing it back up. Very interesting, maybe I'm just a weirdo and it's effecting me differently but I can see the set point and then waking my body back up with added food and then setting a new set point that's lower than the first.

I'm wondering if it's a rest and recovery type of deal. You work same muscles 4 times a week and you'll notice you stall and sometimes even get a little weaker until you really let yourself rest and heal then find you can lift more than you were able to a few weeks later. Could also be muscle growth and consistency changing metabolism little by little.

Sounds like I'm going to have to keep a log. These meds are fascinating to say the least.

yeah, like by adding the cheat days you make the body (along with the medication) react in a way to bring you back even lower.

sort of like how someone who shoots too much insulin can actually cause low blood sugar. In this case they are overshooting the removal of blood sugar.

But in this case you are causing it to overshoot the loss of fat, which is a good thing.
Very cool bro.
I agree, these peptides are fascinating

With GLP1s, it might be different. Once-weekly dosing might allow just enough appetite recovery that it works again next week. Consistently and sustainably.

Keep re-sensitizing to the effects of GLP1s with once-weekly dosing.

Back