Do you plan to blast in old age (40+)?

With insulin the risk is in the dose. 5-10 iu of long acting and or short acting insulin 1x per day is a low risk activity. No one is dying or contributing to ill health with that. You’re not going to get diabetes, gh gut or anything remotely similar. The worst is getting a bit hypoglycemic from under eating carbs with short acting. Your body will tell you in clear terms if you need carbs, so take heed and eat/drink carbs.

If you haven’t had short acting insulin with carbs before and during workout, don’t underestimate how strong the effect is on performance, pump and I would say by extrapolation muscle growth. I never tried before myself until this past week. I ate low carb for 3 days. Bought some NovolinR at Walmart and did 10iu im with a high carb pre w/o meal. Drank 50g carbs in my w/o and had protein/rice meal after. Pretty intense, way beyond without insulin. So full it took 2 days of low carbs to flatten.

I like to eat low carb and have load days. So 5 days low, 2 high each week (not consecutive).I find it’s effortless to stay lean like this. Using insulin on the high carb days would be rocket fuel on this based on my experiment.

Insulin, like all ped’s is a slippery slope with dosage, as more drug almost always equals more effects. Approached with common sense and discipline I see no reason this can’t be used with little risk.