Draining your own blood at home

So still having trouble huh. I know how you feel it took me several tries to get a pint. I think like 4-5 times. But i read a pretty slick way to do it on another forum. Ill hit you up and explain it to you, to much to type

Best method I've come up with is using an 18g tip on a 1cc barrel with the plunger pulled out. Then drain into a measuring cup. You really need to be still because moving the needle around causes clogs. Honestly it just takes practice. Took me quite a few times before I could easily drain a pint.

So still having trouble huh. I know how you feel it took me several tries to get a pint. I think like 4-5 times. But i read a pretty slick way to do it on another forum. Ill hit you up and explain it to you, to much to type

Would I be interested in this other method?

Best method I've come up with is using an 18g tip on a 1cc barrel with the plunger pulled out. Then drain into a measuring cup. You really need to be still because moving the needle around causes clogs. Honestly it just takes practice. Took me quite a few times before I could easily drain a pint.

Would I be interested in this other method?

I shared with wedo what you told me and like me he is struggling. But like you said, stay really still and it go's better.
You might be. Depends how your doing with this method.
Basically it involves a glass booze bottle some small tubing, a rubber stopper and an 18 gauge needle.

Ty for all the advice you have already givin me just need to drain bad Iv had a headache for a week from my high rbc

I shared with wedo what you told me and like me he is struggling. But like you said, stay really still and it go's better.
Basically it involves a glass booze bottle some small tubing, a rubber stopper and an 18 gauge needle.
What's the most you ever drained at one time?

I've used tubing. I find it an unnecessary complexity with more potential to clog and slow the flow down. Straight to a cup works easier for me.

Not sure if you already have one, but you can get one of those hemocrit testers that they use when you donate. This way you always know your levels when you drain.

I've seen them online. I've never used one though.

Drink 32 to 64 ounces of water an hour to hour and half before drain. If you are dehydrated you blood will be even thicker. Also take an asprin a day to help thin the blood as well. Also if it wasnt already mentioned, remove tournoquet after needle in place. Taping needle in place helps as well.

Not sure if you already have one, but you can get one of those hemocrit testers that they use when you donate. This way you always know your levels when you drain.

This would be great! Are you positive it is for hematocrit though? I believe what they check for at the donation center is iron count.

Sponsors

Latest posts

Back