Fentanyl. It's discreet, it's known to kill...

Psychiatric disorders are not diseases. Addiction is a mental illness and a mental illness is a disorder, not a disease. Personal responsibility is needed in life, and with the user choosing to pick up a drug they take on the responsibility of being a drug user.

If I drive fast and crash my car on a consistent basis does that make me a diseased driver?

If I eat pasta 12 times a day, soaked in butter and salt, does that make me a diseased eater?

If I binge watch Netflix to the point were I can't hold down a job does that make me a diseased employee?

"Personal capital is closely related to personal responsibility, when personal responsibility is defined as a person’s “response-ability,” that is, the ability of a person to maturely respond to the various challenges and circumstances of life. Personal capital is also closely connected with character, when character is defined as a person’s moral or ethical quality, and the character of a person gives them advantages to respond to the challenges of life. Personal capital, then, is the inner resources, assets, and advantages of personal responsibility and character that one brings to the challenges and circumstances of life. When personal capital is low, a person is a victim of circumstances, at the effect of life and not able to consciously and purposefully choose his or her own thoughts, feelings and actions. Victims typically identify themselves based upon attributes of powerlessness, dependency, entitlement, apathy, worry, fear, self-doubt, and the like. The victim lives at the effect of what happens around them and has little personal capital to, in response to the challenges of life, choose and direct life’s direction and destiny."

Dr. Frank Thomas

Psychiatric disorders are not diseases. Addiction is a mental illness and a mental illness is a disorder, not a disease. Personal responsibility is needed in life, and with the user choosing to pick up a drug they take on the responsibility of being a drug user.

If I drive fast and crash my car on a consistent basis does that make me a diseased driver?

If I eat pasta 12 times a day, soaked in butter and salt, does that make me a diseased eater?

If I binge watch Netflix to the point were I can't hold down a job does that make me a diseased employee?

"Personal capital is closely related to personal responsibility, when personal responsibility is defined as a person’s “response-ability,” that is, the ability of a person to maturely respond to the various challenges and circumstances of life. Personal capital is also closely connected with character, when character is defined as a person’s moral or ethical quality, and the character of a person gives them advantages to respond to the challenges of life. Personal capital, then, is the inner resources, assets, and advantages of personal responsibility and character that one brings to the challenges and circumstances of life. When personal capital is low, a person is a victim of circumstances, at the effect of life and not able to consciously and purposefully choose his or her own thoughts, feelings and actions. Victims typically identify themselves based upon attributes of powerlessness, dependency, entitlement, apathy, worry, fear, self-doubt, and the like. The victim lives at the effect of what happens around them and has little personal capital to, in response to the challenges of life, choose and direct life’s direction and destiny."

Dr. Frank Thomas
Are you comparing drug addiction and alcoholism to eating pasta and watching Netflix? I guess you are correct in the assertation that if the drug or drink was never picked up in the first place it never would have set the disorder up to manifest (if that is what you are stating), but are you saying that it is simply a matter of ethics and self restraint once the substance in question has been ingested?

but are you saying that it is simply a matter of ethics and self restraint once the substance in question has been ingested?
crude examples I admit, but a simple point is always lost in translation imo: it's a choice to begin that journey. Nobody is bound to a life of drug use because of something other than personal choice.

I will never believe different.

Now, I do understand addiction and the difficulties that one has in front of them once they made the decision to use. I also 100% believe an effort has to be made to help stem the tide of beginning that path and I think that getting people sober is also something we as a society need to be more invested in. I watch zombies walking in south Boston's methadone mile often and while they are in a hopeless situation I can only hope other people see them and think to themselves "maybe I better not start using drugs because almost 100% of the time you end up like this."

To answer your question directly, I was referencing prior to using. It's a much simpler equation when addiction isn't in the mix and I wouldn't be so small minded to the facts involved once addiction is a tangible problem.

One thing about addiction that's always intrigued me is how it doesn't matter what demographic you are, you can end up addicted. Much like a disease, it doesn't care what you look like, how much money you have or what religion you are.

I was under the care of one of the most knowledgeable addictions doctor in my country. From what I was taught/told alcoholism and addiction is a disease. Some people can pick up and put down. Others that have the disease can not simply just stop. Just my 2 cents.

Congrats on getting clean. What if somewhere in those 10 years you took something improperly cut with Fentanyl and died and never got the chance to get yourself clean?

It would have been my fault. i made the choice to take the 1st and the 5000th tablet and every single one in between.

At the time, the Fentanyl epidemic wasn't what it is today, but i still knew there were risks and i still rolled the dice.

All good in my hood. Drinking my morning coffee and smoking my morning bowl this morning and saw 2 Guatemalans being chased by a couple of my border patrol friends. It's going to be a good day:cool:
Lol, that's sounds like a riot. Hope those boys stay safe, both parties. Always felt badly for the immigrants that are really trying to escape the bull shit.

Lol, that's sounds like a riot. Hope those boys stay safe, both parties. Always felt badly for the immigrants that are really trying to escape the bull shit.
The border is open. My friends catch 50 to 75 illegals only to watch a hundred walk by. They run the ones they catch and deport the ones with records. The rest go free. Coming to a town near you. It's a big problem that is festering as we speak. Going to get ugly in the cities in 6 months to a year.

crude examples I admit, but a simple point is always lost in translation imo: it's a choice to begin that journey. Nobody is bound to a life of drug use because of something other than personal choice.

I will never believe different.

Now, I do understand addiction and the difficulties that one has in front of them once they made the decision to use. I also 100% believe an effort has to be made to help stem the tide of beginning that path and I think that getting people sober is also something we as a society need to be more invested in. I watch zombies walking in south Boston's methadone mile often and while they are in a hopeless situation I can only hope other people see them and think to themselves "maybe I better not start using drugs because almost 100% of the time you end up like this."

To answer your question directly, I was referencing prior to using. It's a much simpler equation when addiction isn't in the mix and I wouldn't be so small minded to the facts involved once addiction is a tangible problem.

One thing about addiction that's always intrigued me is how it doesn't matter what demographic you are, you can end up addicted. Much like a disease, it doesn't care what you look like, how much money you have or what religion you are.
To me there is no difference between alcohol and drugs beyond the legality... so do you discount alcoholism the same way? The fact you tried a beer is by rights a death sentence of your own making?
I think you are discounting a very large part of the drug introduction scenes take place in a doctors office. Years ago oxycontin was professed to be non addictive... and here we are now. Maybe it makes it easier for you to picture someone being handed a heroin needle under a bridge and all the addicts making that after school special of a bad choice, but c'mon son. Doctors make addicts, parents make addicts of their kids by introduction or by example, shit- poverty makes addicts. Prison makes addicts.

I don't shed tears when junkies die. I went into my drug addiction and alcoholism with both eyes open... but I also realize behind every dead body is a mother and a father, behind some bodies are people who started taking meds for legitimate reasons and it lit that bonfire in their brain some of us have. Fact of the matter is if you ever once did a drug or had a drink and you didnt burn your whole life down behind it you are more blessed than a junkie is some idiot who chose their fate. I made more horrible choices, got arrested more and hurt more people drinking than anything else- so be grateful you aren't an alcoholic as opposed to being pious when talking about them... unless you have never taken a sip of alcohol and never touched a drug. Then I guess you can be pious.

I was under the care of one of the most knowledgeable addictions doctor in my country. From what I was taught/told alcoholism and addiction is a disease. Some people can pick up and put down. Others that have the disease can not simply just stop. Just my 2 cents.

Is it a really a disease or is the groundwork there, a predisposition of sorts, for people like myself that have an obsessive nature to my thinking, poor impulse control and a penchant for compulsive behavior?

Sex addicts, gamblers and those addicted to nicotine aren't classified (to my knowledge) as having a disease, but shouldn't they be? From what i've read, that classification seems exclusive to drugs, despite nicotine being a drug and all.

i'm just thinking out loud here, so don't take it as me challenging your doctor or what you were taught, please.

Is it a really a disease or is the groundwork there, a predisposition of sorts, for people like myself that have an obsessive nature to my thinking, poor impulse control and a penchant for compulsive behavior?

Sex addicts, gamblers and those addicted to nicotine aren't classified (to my knowledge) as having a disease, but shouldn't they be? From what i've read, that classification seems exclusive to drugs, despite nicotine being a drug and all.

i'm just thinking out loud here, so don't take it as me challenging your doctor or what you were taught, please.
It’s called a disease to make weak minded people feel better about not having any self control and yes I used to do my job with two 25mg fentynal patches on my rib cages and 6 percocets in my stomach a day. Nobody forced me, I used to love being numb.
Our society today is one big excuse, nobody has any integrity or self control.

Fentanyl is everywhere. Who knows what the hell what we got?! I'm taking huge, huge precautions over this.

Yep, we sure need big brother to protect us all from ourselves.

Fact of life, shit happens. If some stupid junkie wants to take another hit knowing full well that it could be his last, let him do it. It's his choice to play with his life.

Well, who should regulate & enforce quality control of the drug supply?

It’s called a disease to make weak minded people feel better about not having any self control and yes I used to do my job with two 25mg fentynal patches on my rib cages and 6 percocets in my stomach a day. Nobody forced me, I used to love being numb.
Our society today is one big excuse, nobody has any integrity or self control.

Too bad fentanyl doesn't kill everyone who tries it. I would have rather enjoyed pissing on your grave... instead I am sure you are breeding or have bred- resulting in a bunch of other cross burning inbreds who wander around talking about the good old days when you could molest your kids in peace.

They aren't enforcing quality control at this point. They're just confiscating it, then locking up the people involved.

This problem of adulterated drugs could be made safer. But we would need to change the current way of thinking. But in the end, yes, government would have to be in control of that.

Trying to converse with libertarians is a complete waste of time... the anti government rhetoric that harkens back when the government was still influenced by the crown is almost cute if it wasn't so ignorant. We have two choices- government control or the control of private corporations operated by profits and driven by the financial interests of shareholders and a board... look at healthcare and the pharmacological industry alone- what a phenomenal job the private sector has done controlling costs and premiums.

Too bad fentanyl doesn't kill everyone who tries it. I would have rather enjoyed pissing on your grave... instead I am sure you are breeding or have bred- resulting in a bunch of other cross burning inbreds who wander around talking about the good old days when you could molest your kids in peace.
You couldn’t hold a candle to me you pussy. Know why ? Cause your weak minded, untrained and a general coward.