First AAS cycle for Beginners(Testosterone only)

mands

Elite
AnabolicLab.com Supporter
10+ Year Member
I posted this years ago on another forum. Thought I would post it here and some of these new guys could use the search function and locate it instead of asking the exact same thing over and over again. Just a generic First cycle.

There are some changes that can be made but nothing major.

My recommendations on a first cycle for beginners. This is just a simple AAS cycle with hcg and PCT.

Only a small part of the big picture while cycling. Training, Nutrition and Rest for me seem to be the biggest factors for making the gains that I desire.

First cycles in my opinion should involve one type of AAS(Testosterone). Preferably a long ester like Cypionate or Enanthate. I also encourage Frontloading to elevate blood levels faster(the plan that I lay here will actually get your blood levels up in weeks 3-4 instead of weeks 5-6. This will help with maximizing your cycle and gains.

Get pre-cycle labs done and check your LH, FSH, T and E2. 5-6 weeks into cycle. Then again after your cycle to see if you have returned to your normal levels.

This is what I would suggest for a first cycle:

Week 1 - Frontload 1000mg Test Cyp.(500mg Monday AM and 500mg
Thursday PM)

Week 2 - 10 - 500mg Test Cyp.(250mg Monday AM and 250mg Thursday PM)

Week 3-14 - 500 iu's hcg 250 iu's twice a week(same days as above for convenience)

Week 14 - 50mg Clomid & 20mg Nolvadex ED
Week 15 - 50mg Clomid & 20mg Nolvadex ED
Week 16 - 50mg Clomid & 20mg Nolvadex ED
Week 17 - 25mg Clomid & 20mg Nolvadex ED
Week 18 - 25mg Clomid & 20mg Nolvadex ED if needed.
Week 19 - off
Week 20 - off

For PCT I suggest Clomid(could be overkill for some) & Nolvadex(most could just run Nolva). A more popular course would be Clomid and Raloxifene. Most mild first cycles the user(especially younger) will recover without a PCT program or HCG. I personally wouldn't chance it knowing what I know now.

If you have any estrogen related sides you can add an AI such as Arimidex or Aromasin. Dosage would depend on E2 level. I would suggest the following: Arimidex at .5mg EOD or E3D, Aromasin 12.5mg ED. This is just what works best for me personally.

I'm not saying this is the all end all of first cycles but I've had great success with guys running this exact cycle for their first or even second and third cycle.

Please add anything that I've missed.

mands

Clear and simple. I tell my mates this exact cycle all the time (minus the frontload) only reason i dont mention frontload is due to the PIP from virgin muscle..

I posted this years ago on another forum. Thought I would post it here and some of these new guys could use the search function and locate it instead of asking the exact same thing over and over again. Just a generic First cycle.

My recommendations on a first cycle for beginners. This is just a simple AAS cycle with hcg and PCT.

Only a small part of the big picture while cycling. Training, Nutrition and Rest for me seem to be the biggest factors for making the gains that I desire.

First cycles in my opinion should involve one type of AAS(Testosterone). Preferably a long ester like Cypionate or Enanthate. I also encourage Frontloading to elevate blood levels faster(the plan that I lay here will actually get your blood levels up in weeks 3-4 instead of weeks 5-6. This will help with maximizing your cycle and gains.

Get pre-cycle labs done and check your LH, FSH, T and E2. 5-6 weeks into cycle. Then again after your cycle to see if you have returned to your normal levels.

Thursday PM)

Week 3-14 - 500 iu's hcg 250 iu's twice a week(same days as above for convenience)

Week 19 - off
Week 20 - off

For PCT I suggest Clomid(could be overkill for some) & Nolvadex(most could just run Nolva). A more popular course would be Clomid and Raloxifene. Most mild first cycles the user(especially younger) will recover without a PCT program or HCG. I personally wouldn't chance it knowing what I know now.

If you have any estrogen related sides you can add an AI such as Arimidex or Aromasin. Dosage would depend on E2 level. I would suggest the following: Arimidex at .5mg EOD or E3D, Aromasin 12.5mg ED. This is just what works best for me personally.

I'm not saying this is the all end all of first cycles but I've had great success with guys running this exact cycle for their first or even second and third cycle.

mands
Great post

Any chance of this getting a stickey spot? Everyday there is a "first cycle" thread, having this on the first page and easily availible could eliminate half the questions asked. Or has this been done before and not turned out so well? @Millard Baker

Thursday PM)

Week 19 - off
Week 20 - off

mands

Thanks for this! Looks solid. I would venture to say it's a good 2nd, 3rd and 4th cycle as well. If it's not broke, don't fix it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any chance of this getting a stickey spot? Everyday there is a "first cycle" thread, having this on the first page and easily availible could eliminate half the questions asked. Or has this been done before and not turned out so well? @Millard Baker

I think one problem with the first cycle sticky is that some will follow this blindly but have no understanding of WHY they are doing what they are doing. To them, they are doing it cause the sticky said so. But they should be doing it because they've read it, researched the moving parts of it, and understand why it's setup the way it is.

Harm reduction is the running theme here, I could understand why Millard doesn't want to get too comfortable making a first cycle guide a sticky.

Plus, he's probably busy trying to figure out which one of my excellent threads to sticky as each one is better than the last... :D

I think one problem with the first cycle sticky is that some will follow this blindly but have no understanding of WHY they are doing what they are doing. To them, they are doing it cause the sticky said so. But they should be doing it because they've read it, researched the moving parts of it, and understand why it's setup the way it is.

Harm reduction is the running theme here, I could understand why Millard doesn't want to get too comfortable making a first cycle guide a sticky.

Plus, he's probably busy trying to figure out which one of my excellent threads to sticky as each one is better than the last... :D
I see the truth in that, but the flip side is that IF they were to follow it blindly then some would ultimately benefit from running a cycle layout like this as opposed to just freelancing or going by what they guess is right, or what a buddy at the gym told them.

But i do see what you are saying.

Good input

This might sound weird but I cant get ahold of any 1.5" needles right now, my gear just came in Im gonna do my first shot in my glute > front load test E. I feel like i got a lot of fat on my lower body so when I lay down and shoot into my right glute, can I lay down, with my right leg crossed over so basically theres less fat to shoot in?? or would that cause some kinda problem, sorry if this is hard to follow lol

Be careful getting too creative. Tightening muscle prior to injecting can present problems. I prefer to be nice and loose, like @fastasf said with taking weight off the leg.

You can also order syringes and have them in a few days.
what kind of problems ? i want to make sure i get into the muscle completely and not injecting in fat

Lots of great information here and easy to follow, if only some guys asking about first cycles would use the search function more often:rolleyes::p

what kind of problems ? i want to make sure i get into the muscle completely and not injecting in fat

Imagine pushing a needle through tightened muscle fibers.

Now imagine pushing a needle through loose relaxed muscle fibers.

If you're tense when you inject, it hurts. Loosen up, and sometimes can barely feel it.

Imagine pushing a needle through tightened muscle fibers.

Now imagine pushing a needle through loose relaxed muscle fibers.

If you're tense when you inject, it hurts. Loosen up, and sometimes can barely feel it.
I'm not worried about the pain I just tend to have more fat on my lower body and il admit I'm going into this cycle with a higher body fat than I should (16/17%) so I know its either I do it that way or shoot in the quad

I'm not worried about the pain I just tend to have more fat on my lower body and il admit I'm going into this cycle with a higher body fat than I should (16/17%) so I know its either I do it that way or shoot in the quad

1.5 inch pin should be fine for glute...

If it is that much of a problem being too short, you are carrying a lot more bodyfat than you just mentioned.

Good luck.