First Bodybuilding Show Log from 30-weeks Out

was not ready for the hunger that came once food went back up

I didn’t compete but got fairly lean (lost sex drive, desire to live, ability to sleep lol) and the hunger once turning around was like nothing I’ve ever experienced!!

I remember eating until my stomach was full and hurt, but I still felt ravenous and was looking for food.

I found this to be the wildest thing. My stomach would literally hurt. I’d be on the verge of throwing up in actual pain and my brain was telling me we NEEDED more. Crazy

Already on track with Justin, cool.
What changes did he make in regards to your training and gear protocol?
Any interesting or different things you took from his approach since you started with him?
Not actually working with justin right now. I was previously with a coach who worked with justin and have been using his nutrition approach for the past year or so. I think the biggest thing I’ve gained from it is the carb cycling. Especially through prep it seemed to help fend off the metabolic adaptation that would come from straight low days instead of medium, low, and high days. In the off-season My legs grew pretty quickly which were previously stubborn and I do attribute some of that to the high days so hoping my back follows in the next few weeks as well. Once this push is over and I take an international trip, I’ll be coming back to look at what’s next which would be a longer push possibly followed by a prep if I’ve made enough progress to warrant it. I may work with justin but have been talking to another coach as well, money is the big thing and justin costs a lot of it lol

I didn’t compete but got fairly lean (lost sex drive, desire to live, ability to sleep lol) and the hunger once turning around was like nothing I’ve ever experienced!!

I found this to be the wildest thing. My stomach would literally hurt. I’d be on the verge of throwing up in actual pain and my brain was telling me we NEEDED more. Crazy
The second cheat meal I had I was laying on my bed in pain from the bloating, trying to take a single sip of water to get my melatonin down and I couldn’t even do it lol

Not actually working with justin right now. I was previously with a coach who worked with justin and have been using his nutrition approach for the past year or so. I think the biggest thing I’ve gained from it is the carb cycling. Especially through prep it seemed to help fend off the metabolic adaptation that would come from straight low days instead of medium, low, and high days. In the off-season My legs grew pretty quickly which were previously stubborn and I do attribute some of that to the high days so hoping my back follows in the next few weeks as well. Once this push is over and I take an international trip, I’ll be coming back to look at what’s next which would be a longer push possibly followed by a prep if I’ve made enough progress to warrant it. I may work with justin but have been talking to another coach as well, money is the big thing and justin costs a lot of it lol
Oh, I thought you had hired him. Yeah, I bet he is pretty expensive. I would try to find someone with good experience (and proof of it) but not highly known on social media. That social media tag costs a leg most of the time lol

Oh, I thought you had hired him. Yeah, I bet he is pretty expensive. I would try to find someone with good experience (and proof of it) but not highly known on social media. That social media tag costs a leg most of the time lol
there are some well known guys out there charging 250/month a few I’ve talked to lol, Justin gets his guys huge but he’s been around so long he’s kind of earned that 450/month price. I’m just not in a place where I can justify that over someone with lots of great athletes who’s significantly cheaper too

there are some well known guys out there charging 250/month a few I’ve talked to lol, Justin gets his guys huge but he’s been around so long he’s kind of earned that 450/month price. I’m just not in a place where I can justify that over someone with lots of great athletes who’s significantly cheaper too
Look at Thomas Lackey. He is cheap cheap and works directly with Justin.

Weight has been pretty stable here at 201 for about a week. The weekly cheat meals do bump it up but I’m leaving the base diet alone for this week to hopefully tighten up a little by next monday. The amount of fat I gained is a little unfortunate but I’ve made it out of my binge eating cycle so I’m just grateful for that. I’m hoping it will only get easier in the future. For now, I have 9 weeks until my vacation to continue growing, so working on improving these back shots in both density and width.

Attachments

• IMG_7435.jpeg
    IMG_7435.jpeg
    197.8 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_7436.png
    IMG_7436.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_7438.jpeg
    IMG_7438.jpeg
    195.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_7439.png
    IMG_7439.png
    6.3 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_7440.png
    IMG_7440.png
    6.2 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_7442.jpeg
    IMG_7442.jpeg
    209.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7443.jpeg
    IMG_7443.jpeg
    210.9 KB · Views: 42
199.8lb High day (Pull) today. Strength is progressing extremely rapidly and am now stronger than at peak offseason, with every lift increasing every week on each body part. Keeping my tempo across each lift standardized. Back is tricky as I find it difficult to really hit my lower lats and need to angle myself in specific ways to really hit them but hoping this more targeted approach will improve my shots. 5 high carb meals today followed by a pretty big cheat meal tonight.

Wanted to update in here as there’s a thread here about cheat meals/eating junk while blasting. I’ve gotten the post diet binging under control now and only on my high days (every 4-5 days) do I have one. But I do absolutely love food and would go crazy if I couldn’t enjoy some meals with my girlfriend once in a while. I’ll post some of my diabolical cheat meals on here if anyone’s interested lol

I haven’t got to the scheduled cheat meals yet but fuck I can’t wait. I love food so much and food is such a part of my wife and I’s life that I’m constantly contemplating scaling it down lol

So hard. Very jelly of the spot you’re in haha

I haven’t got to the scheduled cheat meals yet but fuck I can’t wait. I love food so much and food is such a part of my wife and I’s life that I’m constantly contemplating scaling it down lol

So hard. Very jelly of the spot you’re in haha
In prep it really wasn’t a big deal, i’d order her some food or take my tupperware to trivia night and let her get a burger or whatever but now that fat loss isn’t the goal fuck yeah I want to taste some fat and sugar once a week lol

In prep it really wasn’t a big deal, i’d order her some food or take my tupperware to trivia night and let her get a burger or whatever but now that fat loss isn’t the goal fuck yeah I want to taste some fat and sugar once a week lol

Same dude. Mental thing I guess but when the goal was fat loss I was the same. I’d bring my meal prep into some of my favorite places to eat and not miss a beat. Now, I send my wife 500 reels of food a day demanding she make them immediately, I’m giving up lol

199.8lb High day (Pull) today. Strength is progressing extremely rapidly and am now stronger than at peak offseason, with every lift increasing every week on each body part. Keeping my tempo across each lift standardized. Back is tricky as I find it difficult to really hit my lower lats and need to angle myself in specific ways to really hit them but hoping this more targeted approach will improve my shots. 5 high carb meals today followed by a pretty big cheat meal tonight.

Wanted to update in here as there’s a thread here about cheat meals/eating junk while blasting. I’ve gotten the post diet binging under control now and only on my high days (every 4-5 days) do I have one. But I do absolutely love food and would go crazy if I couldn’t enjoy some meals with my girlfriend once in a while. I’ll post some of my diabolical cheat meals on here if anyone’s interested lol
food pics are always good

thats what i've been eating for the last year every night, My stomach has surely shrank i have developed a lack of interest in food i hit my macros but in a defecit for along time .....

Attachments

• IMG_0892.jpeg
    IMG_0892.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 40
Don't lose control. It is better to keep fat in check since you are merely putting off competing, not retiring from competing.

Don't let yourself go.

It is easy to do a little here and there and all of a sudden you are fat.

Don't lose control. It is better to keep fat in check since you are merely putting off competing, not retiring from competing.

Don't let yourself go.

It is easy to do a little here and there and all of a sudden you are fat.
Yeah I agree, I’m limiting a cheat meal to only on my high days. I’m still working on the part where I don’t overdo my cheat meals though lol

Up an average of 0.5lb since last week and that’s with an added 2iu gh, so adding in 60 carbs on my medium days and 40 carbs on my high days

Attachments

• IMG_7554.jpeg
    IMG_7554.jpeg
    183.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7555.png
    IMG_7555.png
    6.2 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_7555.png
    IMG_7555.png
    6.2 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7557.png
    IMG_7557.png
    6.3 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7559.jpeg
    IMG_7559.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 37
Today’s (High Day) Diet:

M1:
55g Cream of Rice
30g Granola
100g Blueberries
1 slice gluten free bread
10g natural grape jelly
150g Turkey Breast

M2:
185g Jasmine Rice
115g Chicken Breast
75g Green Beans
50g Dates

M3:
215g Jasmine Rice
100g Chicken Breast
75g Green Beans
1 Corn Tortilla
2 Annie’s Rice krispy bars

Intra: 50g Carb powder, EAAs, salt

M4:
4.5 oz Cod
70g Rice Krispies
50g Organic cocoa krispies
1 Annie’s Rice krispy bar
splash of almond milk

M5:
160g Jasmine Rice
115g Chicken Breast
75g Green Beans
8 oz Naked Juice

M6:
Gf wanted chicken wings and to try a tiktok trend called “ice cream nachos :oops: (she’s dieting and only gets a cheat meal every 8-9 days so food choice is up to her)

Today’s (High Day) Diet:

M1:
55g Cream of Rice
30g Granola
100g Blueberries
1 slice gluten free bread
10g natural grape jelly
150g Turkey Breast

M2:
185g Jasmine Rice
115g Chicken Breast
75g Green Beans
50g Dates

M3:
215g Jasmine Rice
100g Chicken Breast
75g Green Beans
1 Corn Tortilla
2 Annie’s Rice krispy bars

Intra: 50g Carb powder, EAAs, salt

M4:
4.5 oz Cod
70g Rice Krispies
50g Organic cocoa krispies
1 Annie’s Rice krispy bar
splash of almond milk

M5:
160g Jasmine Rice
115g Chicken Breast
75g Green Beans
8 oz Naked Juice

M6:
Gf wanted chicken wings and to try a tiktok trend called “ice cream nachos :oops: (she’s dieting and only gets a cheat meal every 8-9 days so food choice is up to her)

Dont forget to post a pic of your ice cream nachos later on lol

Sponsors

Back