Giant Semaglutide Thread (and other GLP-1 / GIP agonists)

Doodle

Wanted to create a thread where everyone can post their experiences with different sourced Semaglutide.

Who are you using?
Pharma vs non?
Dosage?
How long have you been taking it?
What are your thoughts?
Have you lost weight?
Side effects?
Oral vs injection?
Tests?

Does anyone have access to research drug Retatrutide or GEP44 yet? Very interesting triple-G LY3437943 works on glucagon-like peptide 1 (GLP-1), glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP), and glucagon receptors. Reportedly a "new molecular entity" which I presume would make it difficult to acquire. The reports are nearly unbelievable. There is a distinction between the obesity weight loss "but not diabetes."...don't know if that's because diabetics weren't included in the the analysis or what.
Preliminary analysis from phase 2 trials indicated people taking retatrutide with obesity (a body mass index of 30 or higher), but not diabetes, could lose up to 24% of their body weight in 48 weeks, Investors Business Daily reported. That's more weight loss at a faster rate than trial results for tirzepatide, which led to 20% reduction in body weight in 72 weeks.
GEP44
edited to add GEP44

Last edited:
Does anyone have access to research drug Retatrutide or GEP44 yet? Very interesting triple-G LY3437943 works on glucagon-like peptide 1 (GLP-1), glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP), and glucagon receptors. Reportedly a "new molecular entity" which I presume would make it difficult to acquire. The reports are nearly unbelievable. There is a distinction between the obesity weight loss "but not diabetes."...don't know if that's because diabetics weren't included in the the analysis or what.
Preliminary analysis from phase 2 trials indicated people taking retatrutide with obesity (a body mass index of 30 or higher), but not diabetes, could lose up to 24% of their body weight in 48 weeks, Investors Business Daily reported. That's more weight loss at a faster rate than trial results for tirzepatide, which led to 20% reduction in body weight in 72 weeks.
GEP44
edited to add GEP44
I don’t think anyone has it yet to sell. Otherwise I’d jump all over that. When it does come available I am going to be so excited!

May someone please help guide me a bit with metformin. I now am taking ozempic but will switch to probably qsc once I run out. I saw they have metformin too. Has anyone tried it? Also curious on the dosing. If anyone has any advice that would be amazing.
I've taken as much as 2500 mg metformin daily. For about 1.5 years, I ran 2000 mg, including about four months while using semaglutide. Now I'm running 1000 mg.

I prefer to take it twice a day, even though I only eat once. Once in the AM and once with dinner. My advice when you start... start taking it with dinner only. I say that because, initially, you'll shit your brains out. You want to be home when that occurs. It may also cause some discomfort initially. I'm not especially tough, and it didn't faze me. Then add it to breakfast if you want. If you eat all three meals, 1500 mg isn't an unreasonable dose.

It can contribute to hypoglycemia, so if you ever go a full day without eating, don't take it. There have been some call emergencies that interrupted my dinner and, since that's the only real meal I eat, my blood sugar tanked. I know that skipping food isn't all that hard with semaglutide in the picture, so be mindful of that.

It smells like organic amines (fishy, gross) or grape... it's a crapshoot.

Feel free to ask any specific questions and I will try to answer.

I've taken as much as 2500 mg metformin daily. For about 1.5 years, I ran 2000 mg, including about four months while using semaglutide. Now I'm running 1000 mg.

I prefer to take it twice a day, even though I only eat once. Once in the AM and once with dinner. My advice when you start... start taking it with dinner only. I say that because, initially, you'll shit your brains out. You want to be home when that occurs. It may also cause some discomfort initially. I'm not especially tough, and it didn't faze me. Then add it to breakfast if you want. If you eat all three meals, 1500 mg isn't an unreasonable dose.

It can contribute to hypoglycemia, so if you ever go a full day without eating, don't take it. There have been some call emergencies that interrupted my dinner and, since that's the only real meal I eat, my blood sugar tanked. I know that skipping food isn't all that hard with semaglutide in the picture, so be mindful of that.

It smells like organic amines (fishy, gross) or grape... it's a crapshoot.

Feel free to ask any specific questions and I will try to answer.
Thank you for the help. I’ll order some and give it a try. I really do hope it makes me shit my brains out though. With my bypass surgery and sema. I hardly go.

My doctor prescribed me ozempic for weight loss but my insurance won’t cover it since I’m not diabetic. They will if I was diabetic. Is there a way to make my blood test come back as diabetic? Like slamming some Mountain Dew before my next blood test?

My doctor prescribed me ozempic for weight loss but my insurance won’t cover it since I’m not diabetic. They will if I was diabetic. Is there a way to make my blood test come back as diabetic? Like slamming some Mountain Dew before my next blood test?
Can you ask doc for Wegovy instead since that is approved for weight loss

A1C is a measure that covers months worth of changes. You want a diabetes diagnosis? Give yourself diabetes. Otherwise you’ll have to pay for your meds through your own means.

Thank you for the help. I’ll order some and give it a try. I really do hope it makes me shit my brains out though. With my bypass surgery and sema. I hardly go.
Oh dude, I started taking cell phone pictures of my shits when I started sema. It was like a horror film in the bowl.

I'm not a religious man, but Metamucil is my god and I am its prophet.