Giant Semaglutide Thread (and other GLP-1 / GIP agonists)

Doodle

Wanted to create a thread where everyone can post their experiences with different sourced Semaglutide.

Who are you using?
Pharma vs non?
Dosage?
How long have you been taking it?
What are your thoughts?
Have you lost weight?
Side effects?
Oral vs injection?
Tests?

Any experienced people know that if after a 3 month break from sema would you be able to start from the same minimum effective dose as your first cycle? In other words, would your tolerance reset? This stuff is absolutely amazing but expensive I'm worried about breaking the bank to maintain my goal weight.

Guys be careful if you take Sema and mt2. My wife and I have been on Sema a while and started our usual dose of mt2 and we both got very sick feeling. My wife got real sick has been puking off and on for a few days now. So they don't mix well.
I cant say I am very surprised. 2 drugs that are known to have nausea effects.

I hope she feels better

did anyone notice novo is studying semaglutide at 7.2 mg doses? and also semaglutide with cagrilintide? wonder if that's something QSC will carry or does carry already.
The 7.2 study is in phase 3 and set to go for a full year for participants, so has already gotten through smaller studies. Given that combined with the really good safety profile of 2.4mg, I am feeling ok dosing up to 4 or 5mg if needed.

Hey guys, anyone tried both liraglutide and semaglutide or Tirz? Which one would you guys say is better for appetite suppression and less chance of nausea?

Currently taking 1.2mg of saxenda (liraglutide) on a -700kcal deficit but still crave food so much. Albeit it is stuff like chicken and rice or lean meats, I’m still feeling hungry.

For some reason it’s only helping just a little bit, but for the price doesn’t seem justified (50 quid a month). Notice similar appetite suppression (with no nausea and more energy) with my EC stack.

But obviously I want to see if sema or even tirz have more of an appetite blunting effect without the nausea.

At 1.2 lira -> no nausea, feel full after meals but shortly later am hungry again
At 1.4 lira -> nausea, fatigue, skipping workouts, skipping cardio
EC stack -> energy, happy, can stick to deficit, however increases resting heart rate and blood pressure. Harder to fall asleep.

Current stats: 173cm, 62kg (got a small frame), 13-15% bf trying to get down to 8%.

All suggestions welcome in the GLP1 realm.

And yes I’ve combined lira with EC but very similar to a full doses EC stack suppression wise.

I tested saxenda from pharmacy. Effects on day 3, almost maximun dosage from the start (2.4mg daily) and its good. It doesnt supress your appetite but you feel full with less food, i continued having cravings and being able to eat. ECA and stims on the other side eliminate all kind of cravings, hunger or desire to eat.

I think ill try tirazepide next time in search for the perfect Appetite suppressant
Just saw this, same experience with me, I posted up above, did you ever end up trying Tirz?

Hey guys, anyone tried both liraglutide and semaglutide or Tirz? Which one would you guys say is better for appetite suppression and less chance of nausea?

Currently taking 1.2mg of saxenda (liraglutide) on a -700kcal deficit but still crave food so much. Albeit it is stuff like chicken and rice or lean meats, I’m still feeling hungry.

For some reason it’s only helping just a little bit, but for the price doesn’t seem justified (50 quid a month). Notice similar appetite suppression (with no nausea and more energy) with my EC stack.

But obviously I want to see if sema or even tirz have more of an appetite blunting effect without the nausea.

At 1.2 lira -> no nausea, feel full after meals but shortly later am hungry again
EC stack -> energy, happy, can stick to deficit, however increases resting heart rate and blood pressure. Harder to fall asleep.

Current stats: 173cm, 62kg (got a small frame), 13-15% bf trying to get down to 8%.

And yes I’ve combined lira with EC but very similar to a full doses EC stack suppression wise.
are you a girl?

The 7.2 study is in phase 3 and set to go for a full year for participants, so has already gotten through smaller studies. Given that combined with the really good safety profile of 2.4mg, I am feeling ok dosing up to 4 or 5mg if needed.
Keep in mind that you have to come off of it at some point and the hunger will come back and fuk you up the higher the dose. Now, I went as high as 1mg and came off and I went as high as 2mg and came off and the last time was for sure harder to manage. I cant imagine going up to 7.2mg and then coming off completely.

But it's actually great to see that we are capable to creat modern drugs like GLP-1 receptor agonists that are kinda safe and also very helpful. At 7.2mg I think the hba1c of most diabetics will be in a healthy range below 5.6.

Hey guys, anyone tried both liraglutide and semaglutide or Tirz?

Isn't 3.2 mg the clinical dose for liraglutide?

I don't have a lot to add, but I just want to thank everyone for all the posts over the years. Looking to lose 125 pounds or so to get back to a healthy weight and this forum has helped out quite a bit. Read the whole thing :)

I can't bring a whole lot to the table, but I was considering getting a lab freezer to keep tz in, so I could keep it really cold to avoid degradation. (dry) I read some stuff about freezer defrosting that might affect quality. My relative has been an appliance repairman for almost 35 years, so I asked him about the differences. Well, he told me to just keep it in my chest freezer vs refrigerator freezer. I guess most chest freezers don't have auto defrost. He also said that if I was really worried about it, a simple insulated container would keep it at a steady temperature in the freezer. Putting it in the middle of a refrigerator freezer would keep it at the steadiest temperature, even in self-defrost, the temperature barely rises, maybe a degree or two, when it does self-defrost. The self-defrost function normally happens towards the back of the refrigerator, where the most variation would occur. It is designed to go up a minimal amount, because if there is too much variation it leads to frost on your food.

I cant say I am very surprised. 2 drugs that are known to have nausea effects.

I hope she feels better
Thanks man, but yea she don't get nausea from either one but together she has a near flu like reaction. Puking a few times a day for like 4 days now. I've now read a few other people have had the same kind of reaction.

I have combined sema and MT2 before and had a shitty reaction, but only the first time I did it. First time I did it, I was puking/heaving for roughly 12 hours, nausea lasted around 48 hours. I will say though, this was a combination of factors.

I was being impatient on titrating the sema and took a higher dose than normal (was also my second dose of the week, as I dose twice weekly). This sema dose was taken in the evening, and then I took my MT2 the next morning before hitting the beach. Was probably only my 3rd or 4th MT2 dose at this point, so I was still evaluating effects. Noticed a few hours later at the beach that I didn’t feel great, could barely eat a quarter of my meal at the restaurant that evening at dinner, and then I was up all night puking and heaving up nothing. Next day I could still hardly eat and felt like ass.

Fast forward to now, a month later, and I have combined them with no issues. I have since taken them on the same day multiple times with no issues at all. I’ve been taking my time with titrating sema like I should have from the beginning, so that helps. Also, I am loving seeing the MT2 effects and have gotten multiple complements recently (thanks Cridi).

Guys be careful if you take Sema and mt2. My wife and I have been on Sema a while and started our usual dose of mt2 and we both got very sick feeling. My wife got real sick has been puking off and on for a few days now. So they don't mix well.
Have ran both at the same time for months. Certainly don't dose on the same day. Try to split them. When I ran pharma Id do Sema on a Tuesday and MT2 maintenance dose Sat morning and it was fine. If you do it the same day do the MT2 in the morning and Sema at night. Neasuea on MT2 will hit way faster in my experience than with Sema. With UGL sema doing it 2x a week Ill do Sema - Monday/Friday and MT2 on Wednesdays. Don't have issues but I do run ~350mcg doses of MT2 which is much lower than a lot of people.

Any experienced people know that if after a 3 month break from sema would you be able to start from the same minimum effective dose as your first cycle? In other words, would your tolerance reset? This stuff is absolutely amazing but expensive I'm worried about breaking the bank to maintain my goal weight.
Would start from the lowest dose, and slowly up after 4 day increments until.you get to the dose you lost at to prevent side effects.

Pfizer has their own GLP-1, in oral form, in phase 2 and announced yesterday that it achieved the same results as semaglutide in half the time. This whole market is going to be astonishingly huge.

Pfizer has their own GLP-1, in oral form, in phase 2 and announced yesterday that it achieved the same results as semaglutide in half the time. This whole market is going to be astonishingly huge.

Something as effective as semaglutide in pill form would be a huge success

Something as effective as semaglutide in pill form would be a huge success
For the majority of people who don't like to inject for sure, but let's see the market price first. There already is an oral GLP-1 product and it is very expensive compared to injectable forms.